Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
prescription

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

prescription

I have a problem and it is really stupid. I hear someone got hurt or something and went to doctor who prescribed painkillers for them. I want to go help them and take them to pharmacy just so I can get my grubby hands on the pills. Why am I jelouis of people in pain. It is sick. I am on day 9 and it makes me jelouis when someone get pain pills. Anyone else feel that why. As sad as it is to admitt.
60%
 (3) 
yes
40%
 (2) 
no
5 Members voted
I ALWAYS did that. And it will probably be something that will stay with us for always. If a friend, or someone that I wasn't that close to, had surgery, etc., and was home with meds, I'd show up with food and volunteer to help. I wasted many, many hours just to gather a few pills. And everyone's medicine cabinets were always fair game. Sick.

Addiction to pain killers will make you jones and want to use to but thats why na tells me not to hang around these people you are just setting yourself up for relapse.  Hang tough stay away from them.
Yes i did too. Being around pills make me shake for them. So whatever you do don't go around this person. Your on day nine and still very venerable. It takes 90days to reset your brain. You've made it this far. Why take a chance for a relapse. And that feeling is normal. It stays with us a long time. Doing the right things lead you to the right places.
I wish i did not have the access that i do i get 120 vics 7.5/750 and 200 vics 5/500 per month. that is more than enough. I have not gotten them yet and won't either.
I use to get the same way. I think most of us did or still do. I can say that it doesn't bother me at all anymore. My wife had surgery about a week ago. After her appointment I took her home first due to the roads being bad and then went to the pharmacy to pick up her scripts and of course one of those scripts was for Norco. It didn't bother me one bit. Sure, I knew I could have I could have probably taken a couple without her even knowing it but I had no desire at all. I have even opened the bottle, put one in my hand, poured her a glass of water and taken them to her when she was too sore to get out of bed. I know I'm kinda playing with fire but it makes me sick to even think about taking one. I honestly almost gag. I've come too far to throw it all away.

i used to do that as well in the start of my recovery.