Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
prozac and drugs

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

prozac and drugs

what is the danger for a person who is taking prozac and is also doing cocaine and ecstasy?
  • Antidepressants
    I have been on Prozac and Xanax for the past 20 years un...[more]
  • Question (4 replies):
    I am 90 some days free of tramadol and the occasional hy...[more]
  • suboxone (5 replies):
    can you take prozac and suboxone,and does alcohol with s...[more]
  • I need help PLEASE! (4 replies):
    I have been about 2 months clean from strong opiates (ox...[more]
  • ????? (2 replies):
    i am 19 and take 40 mg of prozac daily for anxiety and ...[more]
Avatar n tn
i really do not know
if you find out please let me know too

dr s tsoris
gastroenterologist
athens
Avatar n tn
a comment about Prozac and street drugs- I have heard stories from other addiction treatment professionals of patients selling their Prozac on the street to other addicts. Of course, they use the funds to purchase their drugs-of-addiction. However, the rationale for other addicts purchasing the Prozac was believed to be for the purpose of medicating the dysphoria that sets in after the acute "crack" high subsides. At any rate, this is stupid! We all know Prozac doesn't go to work immediately, and until these addicts decide to give up the Crack and get help they'll be caught in the vicious, dyphoric, and destructive cycle of addiction.