Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
question about Xanax and Celexa
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

question about Xanax and Celexa

I have a question - I just detoxed from Vicodin, about 9 days ago. I still ahve anxiety, my doctor gave me Celexa which is okay, my question is, is it okay to take Xanax and Celexa together? I used to take Xanax too for panic attacks, and for now I know it will make me feel better. Does anyone know if they can be taken together? I have never been hooked on Xanax at all, so that is not a problem.

thanks,

Shell
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
so i have not had responses, and I really need to know if I can take these two together, as I am supposed to take the Celexa everyday but had to take the Xanax today for anxiety (and it REALLY helped) by the way, this is the first time I feel kind of better in 9 days.

Also, is it normal to still have leg cramps after 9 days without Vic???
Blank
re xanax and Celexa.

I am new to this site.  I know you can take both together.  I was on Celexa 40 mg. and was also given a prescription for xanax.  I was to take the xanax.when I got so jumpy inside that I couldn't stand it.  I used it as an as needed basis and was fine taking both together.

Blank
416625_tn?1203292598
Hi....

Yes, you can take them together.  Dr.s often prescribe them together until the Celexa kicks in.  BUT be careful with xanax.  It is also addicting and can be life threatening to get off of (I have read this).  

Goodluck!
Blank
where u was taking the vic it will take a while for your body to get use to not haveing them. your legs could cramp for months or just days depends on how many and how long. and im on xanax if i get low or run it it is the worse thing ever its like the flu but a whole lot worse, i would stick to celexa
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank