question about soma
Is Soma a good substitue for getting off oxycodone?

Dove
Soma is a muscle relaxer...not a substitute for narcotics...If you have muscle tightness...it could help with that aspect...possible relaxation and sleep as well...no...not a substitute...perhaps could be an aid while going thru detox
Worried is on target here - soma are not benzos but a muscle relaxant a little stronger than flexeril...it may relax you some or be good for sleep - but it wont touch w/d's
well, in my experience, soma can also give you a pretty good high if you are feeling very bad. And if you take enough of it with a drink or two, knock you out cold. During my wd's I would take about 1200 mgs (375 mg tabs, 4-5 of those) of carisoma at night and it would help me sleep very well. But be careful with overdosing, if you over dose on it, it's like alcohol, you can't walk straight (loose control of your body/muscles) or even talk straight (because your mouth goes completely dry) and I have had Alcohol style blackouts with Soma as well...
You can also drink until you have alcohol poisoning, and pass out hopefully to wake up later. But that isnt included in any therapy that I am aware of...Raj, be careful...I have lost friends that died shortly after starting to exhibit the od symptoms you mention on soma - the line between high and die is just too close with that one.
SOMA CAN BE ADDICTIVE ALSO...BE CAREFUL!
Eagle, it does have some negatives but a person trying to quit drugs will of course take only as much as is needed once forewarned of the consequences of overdosing on Soma. I felt it was just like taking benzos (valium, ativan or xanax) to calm you down and sleep so I took it, after all people abuse benzos as well and a benzodyzapine addiction is even worse than an opid addiction. Yet, it is routinely used to help with wd symptoms, I used Soma in the same manner. You can get addicted to Soma as well but it's not as bad as opioid or benzo's. I think whatever works for you should be done....
Tried the soma & alcohol thing before trying not to do this ct I just ended up waking up looking for whatever alcohol i had left sick and shaking even worse. A drunk dope sick withdrawing from alcohol and drugs. I would suggest not no but heck no!! I guess if one were to suggest that has never been on a vodka binge while withdrawing from the drugs.
Soma gave me sleep. Yeah right I slept for 5 minutes then woke up and I did not take just one either took enough to put a horse to sleep. I think the pain we experience during this is just what we gotta go through to get to the other side of this. It is the cost of whatever the drugs gave us.
soma is a bad and dangerous drug and wise docs don't even use it
Sorry I never checked back on this thread, I hope you are OK by now Dove, Also Hey I am sorry Soma didn't work for you, every person reacts differently to different substances and I am really soma did not work for you.
I was on oxycodone and other opiates for 6 years and by the time I needed to get off it I could not. I had major back surgery. My doctor put me on suboxone and I was immediately oFf the opioids a miracle! My life chabged for the better and I discovered that a lot of my pain was from the dependance to the other meds. Go to the site suboxone.com to find a doc near you. I have been off of the other meds for 4 years and so much happier
Dove, I was addicted to 90-120mg of Oxycodene a day for 2 years and did 2-3 Somas a night to sleep..My Doc and my connection said it was a wonder I didn't od.. I am 14 days free of both, the lack of sleep I wish I had the Somas   But don't take them  they are addicting..Much Luck

G
Has anyone seen somebody OVERDOSED on Soma 350 ?  This specific person lived, but full of shame and the 2nd ER trip with EMS to ER
HI  a little over 2 yrs ago I lost a sister in law to soma and pecasets ...soma can also be fatal on its own your friend is swimming in dangerous water get some help...
soma gave me some really bad twitching and spasming when taken as directed after a major surgery. heroin didn't scare me. but soma did/does. peace, sway
Suboxone will help u with your withdrawls.
Suboxone will help you with w/d.