Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
quit sniffing percs

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

quit sniffing percs

having bad side effect from sniffing percs, whats the best way to quit? and anything to help with the sore nose, sore thoat, sleepless nights, I find these things makes me cave and sniff to make myself feel better.... hate this addiction and want to be free but do not want to be admitted into rehab
The only way to stop is to stop. All it takes is commitment and pure willingness from you. The total desire to stop using... And you absolutely will stop using. I see it all the time on here. I did it.

Pick yourself a good time window, when you won't have any pressing issues for about a week or so, and then you get sick for a week or so. It will be over with and you'll be free. I did it and I feel it was more than worth it. I love my new life of freedom. Like you, I kept using because I didn't want to go through WD. You're right about the sleep. It will be at a premium for a few weeks. And the restlessness, stomach and other GI issues, no energy; that only lasts a week or so. But its all worth it to be free again. I found it much easier to get clean, then to keep chasing the buzz I was no longer getting any more. I never did catch it again.

Check out the Thomas Recipe below on the R. Those items will help u to be as comfortable as possible. We also have a bunch of other remedies to help u out with.
well i was on meth, cocaine, and heroin, my biggest thing was snorting pills and meth iam a year n 6 months clean off everything, and i never went to rehaab, i quit cold turkey i had to stay busy out an about and stay away from people who did it or talked about it so i didnt think about it putting yourself in a positive energy telling yourself you can quit it more likely to help you drugs are specifically mind over matter its hard but i have faith in you and goodluck hunny
HI there is a lot of ways to quit  most find that just pulling the plug and going threw the withdrawals is best  some try tapering down you may try to go oraly rather then sniffing them to slow down  most of us dont have the will power to stick out a taper without caving in  right now google N/A meetings and get to one in your area this you will find a big help there are lots of pill addicts there for support   let me tell you this I know exactly how you feel  I was a pill addict for 10+ yrs and ended up on methadone for 7 mo years its no way to go threw life this is something every one quits  it just a mater of time and if your alive or not this is no joke take it seriorsly keep posting for support we can help you  how much are you taking a day ????? post back i will get a hold  of you.....
...................................Gnarly...................................
honestly we r NOT gonna give u a miracle here.U simply have to quit.Ur nose needs time to heel itself.Simple as that.Dnt know how much ur snorting,how long etc.I would get the stuff from the thomas recipe,get rid of any pills and quit.ur masking the nose stuff by putting MORE crap n there.
Welcome to the forum, how long and how much have you been snorting percs? As serveral people here have stated there are many ways to stop. I myself took the CT road, I was rough for about 6 days but I got through it and have been clean for 1065 days. I know you CAN DO IT too; you just have to go for it. There are a lot of people here that can guide you through the process. So just do it. I will pray for you and ask God to guide you to the right road. God Bless---Rick
started sniffing percs 3 years ago was addicted to oxys, when I was going through wd I started sniffing percs to ease the wd symptoms, once oxys changed and could no longer get I was up to 8-10 percs a day, recently was doing 6-8 a day, tried cold turkey but way to tough my breathing was all messed up, so decided to cut back slowly.... to taper myself off currently at 3-4 a day, doing this for a week then cutting back to 2, then going to try again cold turkey, hopefully by then my body will not rely so much on these damn things, I truly hate this addiction!