Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
quiting smoking

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

quiting smoking

I am 29 years old and have been smoking for about 9 years, my husband also smokes.  We want to quit, but find it difficult.  Do you have any suggestions?  I don't like to take pills, so the drugs used for that is not an option.  Also I don't believe to much in the patch or gum, plus they are expensive.  How long does it take for it to get out of your system?  We would like to start out the Millennium right, any suggestions would be appreciated.  We need to do this together, because it is very hard to quit with other cigeretes in the house.

im a 13 year old kid but i think that quitting smoking is the most important thing to do. well thank you for your time.
                              Sean Harrell
I was wondering to get a full detail of Nicotrol inhaler
eat bread..TRUST ME!!!!
I smoked on and off for nearly 14 years and have maintained a active lifestyle.  However recently i quit for six months.  Then started again for a year and a half.  I have tried quiting again and its been almost two weeks now.  The problem i have is that i'm constantly coughing up stuff that doesn't look very nice.  It doesn't seem to be getting any better.  I'm wondering if this will go away and is it normal.
I am 25 now and have been smoking for 12 years.  Yesterday I just decided that I had had enough and went completly cold turkey.  It is not as easy as it sounds.  I am addicted to nicotene.  I want to know how long it takes to get the urge of smoking out of your system  When does it get easier.  I want to set myself a target so that it would be easier for me to face the urge.
I quit smoking 17 days ago and have since had one cold after another, plus the flu. Is this related and how long will I be sick?
AIRN what was the outcome of your cough. I also Quit for a few years than went back to smoking. I have the same problem with what i cough up its awful.It happens in the morning.Let me know how you are and did it stop BOB
.
I get Pnumonia twice a year and I still can't give up smoking