Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
rage vs anger

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

rage vs anger

Anger- a healthy survival instinct designed to protect you from real threats to your safety or well-being. Wolves will bare their teeth and display anger when their meal or territory is threatened, this will often end the problem without bloodshed. That's an example of anger.
Rage- a response to an over-whelming feeling of powerlessness. rage is a reponse to feeling impotent, and unable to control our own destiny. rage often results in bloodshed and even murder.
men are more suseptable to rage. often rage is the only emotion men feel than can express without scorn. rage is depression turned outside. women are allowed to feel depressed more than men, but that is changing as we become more educated.
Tug-of-wars between us are are to be expected as we rage. The funny and simple solution is to just let go of the rope. The person on the other end usually falls on their a s s. It is impossible to have a tug-of-war with just one person.
I am not immune by any means to rage on in a tug-of-war. But I have decided to drop the rope for now. It feels good. That is just something I thought some of you may need right now. Drop the rope. Feel your feelings. It's ok.
Hope you all are well, I am on day 6 without Fentanyl lolipops, and dropping the rope will keep me stronger in that fight, which is the only tug-of-war that really matters to me right now. Still here, and hope the best for all of you. And now going back to just listening unless I have something of value to add.
Tags: Addiction
thanks for stopping in... great to hear from you..
I'm glad to hear you're doing well on the "suckers." I will be going down to the 25mg patch this week hopefully. Then to the 12. I thought after the lowest patch was off...I would finish the taper with actiq, but after hearing your story, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. What is the lowest mg you can get them in?? I would want something lower than the 12mcg patch or it would defeat my purpose. I have never abused the patch and hated it. I will be so glad when I'm done with them.

Again, it's good to hear you're doing well. Take care...LS
I am glad to hear you post as well. Your input is valuable here.  I appreciate all who listen and comment.
Peace~
Great post...very appropriate for us to get us back on track. I guess it is true what they say about addicts, we are selfish! I think I've proven that time and again, first with my own family and now at the forum. I'm sorry and I do wish you well in your fight!  
Marcie
So good to hear from you, your input always helps me and I have been missing your post.  Way to go with your progress,, Huggs,G