Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
scared and nervous

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

scared and nervous

Hi I'm new to the group I'm a 37f. Ive been taking a very small price of suboxen for a year now. I plan on stopping all together in the morning. I started taking this as I was on vicodens for years for my neck. I was tired of having to take them just to avoid withdrawal. Well that worked great cuz now a year has gone by and I'm still depending on the suboxen. Idk what to expect tomorrow I'm having anxiety about it. My boy friend is also going to try tomorrow too but he's on a much higher dose he takes 2-2.5 of the 8 mg. Can anyone tell me how long this will take to feel OK?? Or something I can do to not feel so crappy
Hi Nelly and welcome

You've come to the right place and you will get lots of support here!

Irony...you need to go to my journal and get the updated copy.  I goofed up yesterday when I posted it lol.  Nelly you might want to get the updated copy from my journal too.

Please note that the items on there....well, you may not need everything..most people don't......it is a guide rather than a recipe.

One thing Nelly....post, post and post again.  Read other posts ... you won't feel so alone.  If we know what you are going through, how you are feeling we'll be able to help you a lot more so post away okay?

Hugz
Hi & Welcome,

It is going to be hard for the two of you to stop at the same time. Statistically one of you will use and then the other may follow. Are you getting them from a doctor or on the street? If it is a doctor, have you spoken with him/her about wanting to stop? You may want to get a proper taper schedule from your doctor (both of you) and do this right. Set yourself up for success.

Let us know what the plan is...
I've never taken subs, but I'm on day 9 of an 8 year dependence on oxy's for severe disk probs in my back and costochondritis.  At the time I thought narcs were a good plan....now I"m pretty pissed at my PCP for keeping me on them SOOOO long.

I wish I could give you some advice about what you're on, but instead I'll just send prayers and let you know there are lots of us out here fighting the good fight.  Keep it up and don't give up hope.   It will get better.  Namaste.  -Robin
Hello. And thank you for the reply...no Dr is involved that's basically why I'm here I've heard horror stories and OK ones. My bf takes them to get messed up although I've heard u can't do that with those but I've seen different. I'm honestly went on them to not hurt from the vicoden which was prescribed for 4-5 years of course! Anyways I was too embarrassed to tell my Dr that I had physical withdrawls . it was my idea to get off those so I told him my neck was better after the cortisone shots I never took them to get high whether anyone believes me or not but its true. I've decided today that I can't keep living dependent on these any longer. So I'm just seeing if anyone can tell me what go expect or something to ease them
Thank you and I wish u well too:)
I myself have been taking 1/4 of a 2 mg sub to help with the withdrawls for two days now. Last night I got rid of everything that I had. Today is the day that I am going to do this forreal. It ***** to go through the withdrawl (withdrawal) from all of this crap, but look far down the road where do u guys want to be say 5 yes from now? I myself want to be off of this crap and spending time with the ones that I love without having to lie to them about what I do. Everyone around me thinks that I am already sober, but only a few know that I am still hooked on this crap. My advice to u guys is if u have some left, take less and less. Do the slow taper. Then get the heck off and stay off. The withdrawls suck I'm not gonna lie. But how many times have u withdrew in the past because u were out? This time do it and stick to it.
Also if u go to PurrfectlyKrazy's journal there are somethings that you can get that will help you in your recovery. I also put it in my journal. you could also go to my journal by clicking on my name and then going to journal. I hope that this will help you!
I've never had to withdrawal from anything that's why I'm nervous. He has and he said it was awful. And yes I want off these no one knows I take them besides him and one other person I hate that as well its like living a double life.
I read your journal thanks for the advice on there. I hope you do good in your recovery! I take a 3rd to a 4th of a quarter of 8 mg. I'm hoping this goes well for me. Thank you again and good luck:)
It does stink, I'm not going to lie to you at all. But if u really want to get off and stay off, u have to have the will power and the want to rid yourself of this crap.
Hi Nelly and welcome

Hugz
Thank you! Well its day 1. Not much but at least its something I feel fine now I'm assuming cuz i be only been up a couple hours... You guys are all great I appreciate everyone's kind words and support!
Each day is an accomplishment Nelly that you should be proud of.  You've taken a step in the right direction.  It CAN be very difficult for two people to detox together.  My husband and I both chose to get off the opiates but did it differently.  I chose to detox CT first (because I'm his caretaker) and right now I'm helping him taper very slowly off his meds (because his doctors want it that way)
The main thing is you both have to be on the same page and have to stick to whatever agreement you've made with each other.
I have never been on subs or methadone so I'm not going to offer advice on what to do with your detox there...I would rather leave that to those who have been in your shoes BUT I'm here for support.  You are more than welcome to PM me if you ever want to talk or vent or just flat out whine (we all have moments like that)
  You will be in my prayers!  Good luck on Day 2!
I don't have any advice to offer but I wanted to say that I hope you are doing ok!
How are you doing today?  Just wanted to check in with you.
Best of luck to you!! You can do it!
Hi im wilth IBKleen on this one doing it together is not a great idea one gives up and both of you do  ..another thing you b/f is stil using at a high dose DO not give him sub this could give him persipataed withdrawals or the withdrawals from hell if that happens there is nothing you can do to stop it and it is from 5 to 7 days long I always get scared when I here you doing it your self  as for your detox just take it one step at a time it is in baby steps anyway keep posting for support we all want to see you make it............Gnarly
Hi and thanks for asking! Day 3!!!:) last night was awful my legs were bad. Anxiety threw the roof no energy but I'm in the right direction:) my BF caved today. I'm not letting him effect what I'm doing.