Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
seem to have the unsolveable problem here

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Thought I'd try and see if anyone here has suggestions.  I take very high levels of pain relief daily, for pain.  These include a mixture of morphine, weak opiates in high doses, tramadol, and valium, along with other non narctotic painkillers.  I have never considered myself to be psychologically addicted, and do not get mental pleasure from these pills, but am physically dependent.  Without them the pain is intolerable and also I have symptoms of withdrawal.  After about ten years on these medications, slowly increasing dosages and adding in new ones, my body is entirely dependent.

My doctor refuses now to prescribe a single pill more, and there are days when all I take is still not enough.  I am getting to the point where no level of medication is controlling the pain.

So I want to detox, come off the narctotics and valium, to reduce my tolerance.  Not to stop, as the pain will be there still, but to step back and start again to an earlier state so less works more strongly.  I also, more difficult, want to do this anonymously.  I do not want to talk to my doctor about this, as they will then label me as an addict I'm sure.  

No drug agency will touch me.  They deal almost exclusively with illegal drug users, or want to involve your doctor if it is a prescription issue.  I know what I need, to be medically safely taken through withdrawal and then able to resume a lower dose of drug, until the pain is resolved, if ever.  I cannot tolerate the return of pain with reducing or stopping use, let alone the withdrwal.

I have no money, so can't go to some exotic private 'rehab' clinic, as the popstars are in and out of!  I do not need counselling about addictive behaviour, I am not psychologically in need of these medicines, am thoroughly sick of them to be truthful, but cannot live without them, I just need to be medically withdrawn.  Does anyone know of anywhere this can be done?  Pain and pain control is ruining my life and all is getting worse.  I live only from one dose to the next now.  I am UK based but will travel anywhere in Europe or beyond for such a service, just throwing out and seeing if anyone has ideas.  Thanks
Wow, I am truly sorry for your problem. Do you have places in the UK called PAIN MANAGEMENT, we have them here and what they are is specialty docotrs who work with different protocols to try to make your life pain free. Many times this is just stronger more intense drugs, but they also do nerve blocks and things of that sort. Also the reason you have built up such a tolerance is that the opiod receptors in your brain now "FILL UP" and empty quicker than you can possibly fill them. Many Pain clinics here use methadone for cronic (chronic) pain because it works by filling those receptors and keeping them filled for twenty four hours without increasing your dosage.  

I don't have the answers, but I am offering you my friendship for support and I hope you find the relief and understanding you deserve!
So sorry for your pain. I understand what you are saying but cannot think of any other place than a detox center for you. I don't know if they deal in pain management also. I wish you well. There are not alot of people on the forum Sunday night so you might get a better responce tomorrow. God Bless, Corey
unfortunately...quitting or reducing intake for a while does not change ur tolerence..i wished it did but it does not....when u use alot of narcotics u build receptors to handle the overload...if u quit, they can become dormant, but they will never go away....when u use again they wake up in a short time and ur tolerence is back to where it was or is now...sorry to say as i tried this before a surgical procedure last year before i knew the dynamics of addiction..i tottaly quit for 2 months...and within 2 days my tolerence was back...right where it was before..if not higher
you took the words right out of my mouth! :-)
have u thought abou the ultra rapid detox? in patient detox using natraxone?