Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
short term disability

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

short term disability

is recoverying from substance abuse somethign that would be approved for short term disability?

not state, i put the claim in through my company.

im worried im not gonna get approved cuz i told the truth....i should have just told them mental
I think you'd need to know the company's policy.  It never hurts to tell the truth. (well...sometimes it does but...)  !!!

How are you feeling?
yeah maybe i shouldnt have said it.....but a guess if my doctor is good they can say yeah it was that but there other stuff going around.

have a little anxiety right now did...made a lot of phone calls HR...then the disabilty compay....then i anounced my leave to my job....so im kinda freaking out...like everybody is going to know....but if all things going according to plan i wont be going back there
Don't worry about everyone knowing.  Honestly,most people are either "Good for Him!!"
or really jealous !!!

Hope it works out..

xo
Not sure about your company, but mine didn't pay me while I was in inpatient-treatment (28-days).

Even though the leave was FMLA approved, short-term disability doesn't kick in until about the 12-week mark, so I wouldn't have been eligible anyway.

But that's just my company... yours may be different.
as you can see im clearly brian dead and cant formulate sentances

do you guys agree that it doesnt really matter what i said to them but what my doctor says?
Oh yeah, that's for certain (again, this is how it woul;d be with my company).

If they're going to be forking over money for time that you're not in the office, your HR will want to 'chat' with your doctor.
yeah so I think I got a pretty big shot here......an outside company handles my companies claims....my hr rep told me you don't tell us anything you tell them.

when I spoke to the company that handle the claims I asked her if a therapist could right the letter and she said no has to be psychiatrist or regular doctor.......she said they my request that you see a pyschotitisc but haver your physicaian send us the paper work if you dont have a psychiatrist...i had my mom call her cuz we use the same doc and she was all for me not going back to work so im sure she would know how to fill it out so i def get it.

sorry guys im overthinking everything and my thoughts are racing...im even doing things ive never done b4....like ocd things....like counting and recounting and counting just one more time....its kinda freaking me out
i guess i just have done this much sober thinking in awhile lol lots of stuff goes thru this head let me tell you
Hey sweetie~  Try to give yourself a break here.  Your thoughts are going to drive you crazy.  Postpone any "thiking" until tomorrow.  Watch a movie and EAT something !!!!

You really need to eat.You're too skinny. Walk outside,too.

xo
Jay, I don't mean to laugh but if it were a disability I would have spent my career on leave. LOL

You are a funny guy and I am loving that addict brain of yours! Glad you are here and it DOES get better.
one thing i can say is i starting to eat again.....actually went to mcdonalds breakfast on the night/day i didnt sleep.....it feels so good to not be disgusted with food....im enjoying eating agian instead of feeling like it was a chour
lmao thats a good one ;)

either way i just check mated my nemisses (manager).....i wish i was there when she read my email....and to think i would have never thought of taking the leave if it wasnt for her reporting me to HR
ROFL. At least you can laugh!!
LOLOLOLOL...

Hey..it doesn't hurt to try!!!    

Glad you're eating!!  Now exercise and in your free time you can give your dad a hand at
the house.  They need to be with you!!  ;)

V.