Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
sick

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

sick

i dunno how im even up typing this but i took a nap today and woke up with strep like symptoms and my daughter has em too. we went to urgent care but the best they could do was say it wasnt strep and just rest and drink water. DUH. i have no energy. i wanna die. if only it were strep then they couldve given us some anti's and we'd be on our way to feeling better. as i type this im sitting on the floor in the dark so if no one understands me ill understand. i feel like SHEET. fluid in my ears and my throat but nothing they can do. viruses that kids get when they go back to school SUCK
Tags: Addiction
... it's goin' around, sister.  Zycam, Airborne, sleep... it's really all ya can do... :-/

hope ya feel better real soon...
whats zycam? bfs out gettin airborne right now
Hope you feel better!!:-)
it's a homeopathic gel you put up your nose... it's made mostly of Zinc which is supposed to reduce the time of a cold.. I swear by it.
do you maybe have any teeth problems? That could cause your symptoms.
Massive amounts of vitamin C... as much as you can take without getting diarreah (diarrhea)... 1,000mgs every 2-3 hours does the trick for me.. also if you are eating soup... like chicken soup.. put fresh garlic in it.. garlic is a great detoxifier and it also has anti bacterial function in the body.. always makes me feel soooo much better after a day of doing these two
Aww you too, I've been sick for like 2 weeks i'm going to the dr tommorow I think I have strep ugh I've actually been swallowing a clove (chopped up) of garlic a day who knows, it sux
Oh, no!  I hope you feel better soon.  I've been sick for over a week and I'll think I'm feeling better and then WHAM...it hits again.  My daughter, who is at home in Houston, has been sick, also.  Must be something terrible going around nationwide.  UGH!

Hang in there.  I'm trying on my end.

xoxoxo
Rosie
i woke up feeling like death. altho i just realized i dont know what death feels like. I imagine I have a fever but no thermometor at bf's house and i cant make myself drive to mine to get one. my throat is swollen to hel l and my whole body hurts. i just took my first dose of airborne. didnt know you had to mix it with water. gross. altho i got the pink grapefruit kind and added a bit of pink grapefruit juice to it. hopefully it still works that way. i hate being sick. i had to cancel my doc appt today, probly gonna cancel my counseling appt tomorrow and no doubt gonna have to stay home from meetings today as Im contagious and cant even barely move. I just got a day planner too and wrote down all my appts...guess i wont be doing any of it. im freezing over here...feeling my face i would think Im at 100.0 or so. maybe somewhere around there...
i remember last time we were at bf's doctor's i nabbed some of the throw away thermometors (i love taking little medical items like gloves, and when i was still using, i took a metal speculum lol) but I cant find where i put the darn therms.