Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
small pain in my heart and arm after cocaine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hey y'all, well sometimes when i use coaine and i am alone and have lots of alone time to think. i feel these little twinges in my heart and arm.  They dont really hurt much its like more i can can just feel it, and no, its not just me hearing my heart beat.  I talked to a friend he said he gets that sometime too, and it is also for him when hes alone and gets paranoid.  Has anyone else experienced this too?   please let me know and whats is it exactly?, thank you.
my opinion?...its a future heart attack...are you trying to stop...we are here for you if you are...tons of encouragment and support...

share with us...

natasha
Amen

You are not alone.  Many here have ears open, and kindness to give, or if needed kindness to take.
When I was 19 to 21 (30 now) my DOC was cocaine I put a hole in the middle of my nose and I would have to put my head over a steaming bowl of hot water just so I could stand the pain. Was fun at first and then turned into a living hell on earth, much worse than what I am experiencing on pills. Those twinges you are talking about are your muscles spazing and your heart trying to recover and work itself back out. Please slow down, luckily getting off cocaine/crack is not even remotely as painful as getting off opiates. It is the mental stuff that gets you.
sounds like it could be anxiety, but coke is a baaaaaad drug. It can kill anytime, any amount, no matter how many times you have done it.  You should really try to stop.
i know how you feel everytime i do it i get a bad cramping feeling in my right leg, and right behind my knee hurts reallly bad, once everyone finally goes to sleep and im still up, i see weird stuff and i start panicing thinking im having a heart attack, muscle spasms, hard to breath....etc.i recently  quit as of new years i said no more. it destroys you.
THIS FORUM IS FOR ADDICTS THAT HAVE OR ARE TRYING TO RECOVER . NOT ADDICTS TO MAKE THERE AFTER USEING PAIN OK . TO USE AGAIN. WHATEVER THE PAIN IS ITS OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD BUT, LET ME SAY IF YOUR HAVING PAIN THEN THAT MEANS YOU STILL ALIVE KEEP USEING AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRIE ABOUT ASKING QUESTIONS ON YOUR AFTER DRUG USE PAIN
Hate to disappoint, but this post is from March 2001
Yay initial warning of upcoming potential heart attack! :)

Yes. I used to get that sometimes. I always assumed it meant I done one line to many and needed to climb out of the tower before I got out the rifle.
well, i am having heart surges as well, i was a user of cocaine off and on, but mostly on, since the age of 19, i am now 24 in 3 weeks...

i have been in the stages of quitting for the last 3 weeks, although I was dumb and should have quit weeks before.... I now 5 days after my last use, am exp3erienceing shortness of breath, high bloddpresssure, and sometimes my heart hurts so bad I have to take a second and take a few deep breaths and tell my self to relax, my dad witnessed this one time. they do not know I was addicted to the white devil for 4 years, and hopefully they will never know...

I hate doctors and the dentist, my teeth are bad and I have many things a doctor should know, soon, once I feel a bit better I will be going into the doctor to see what is wrong... I know I am over cocaine, it will be hard, but it literally eats you alive, and I want to stay alive, so I am done that ****!
So happy to hear you have quit cocaine and congrats on 5 days clean. Cocaine is my DOC and it competely destroyed me for awhile. I experienced a lot of anxiety, nightmares, chest pains, sore nose and depression when i first quit and cravings so strong i couldn't function for awhile. Like you said, this drug eats you alive, it's horrible. I hope you stick around, having a support group is important to STAY clean. You know what coke cravings are like, it's not even cravings, it so much worse so do whatever it takes to not pick up. What is the longest you have stayed off blow?
I am in a similar situation. I am off cocaine for 8 months, still having chest pains, improved though. Did your chest pains go away eventually ?