Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
smoking marijuana bad while pregnant

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

smoking marijuana bad while pregnant

I an 3 months pregnant and just found out I was pregnant and I had been smiling I'm worried beside the first semester is the most important help!
...i was 2 months n didnt know n was smokin crack.i got lucky my baby was totally healthy,,just stop smoking from now n on.everything should be fine   ull do more harm worryin urself theres nothig more u can do but stop smoking...congrats on ur baby.
congrats on being pregnant!! i smoked marijuana with both of my last 2 babies until i was 7mo. while i dont reccommend it, it was the only way i could get and keep food down and im happy to say both babies are perfectly healthy they weighed around 8 lbs and so far are meeeting all of their milestones on time or even ahead of schedule!  one is 2yrs old the other 4mo.
I smoked pot with my 1st baby the whole time, telling myself that it was ok and it helped with morning sickness and made me eat. When I was 28 weeks I went in for my first sonogram and I had low amniotic fluid and was admitted to hospital. What U HAVE TO KNOW IS WHEN U GO INTO HOSPITAL TO GIVE BIRTH OR ADMITTED FOR COMPLICATIONS THEY DRUG TEST U . AND WHEN BABY IS BORN THEY DRUG TEST THE BABY.If any illegal drugs are found THEY CONTACT CPS RIGHT AWAY. They made me stay in hospital untill I gave birth. And thank god because it made me quit smoking and that's the only reason my baby was born with nothing in here system. If I had smoked untill giving birth and she was born with pot in her system I might have had a lot more trouble, and they might have not let her come home with me. Because my baby didn't have pot in her system and they talked to me(One of the nurses guided me on what to say; I smoked only a couple times and did not smoke daily, and would never smoke again) and did a home visit, they closed the case and let her come home with me. I believe because I smoked pot and cigs. It made her have a low birth weight. Born at 4p4oz. I'm now preg. With #2 and I don't smoke anything, I'm huge! And baby is very healthy. So my point is at least quit 3 mo. Before your due date. And best to quit now so baby can grow big and strong...u don't want yr baby in harm and u don't want CPS involved.  Please quit now before it effects the babys weight. And FYI my 1st baby is 8 yrs. Old and smart and healthy. I think if u stop now yr baby will be just fine! Good luck and I would think of yr baby before u get stoned again. THE BABY FEELS WHAT U FEEL AND U DON'T WANT YR BABY ALL STONED INSIDE YR TUMMY, RIGHT?
You can't change the past...just be sure to let your doctor know, and don't smoke anymore.

It is certainly NOT adviseable to smoke marijuana during pregnancy.
As long as u quit now .... I WOULD not tell my doctor unless u need help to stop smoking pot. It would be great if u could tell your doctor and not have consequenses for telling the doc. If u told him and u still keep smoking Pot you will be "Red Flaged" as a drug user. And they would report u to CPS. But like I said earlier if u continue to smoke you could put your baby at risk for very low birth weight(low birth weight is very dangerous for the baby and could mean that the lungs and other organs could not develop fully) and could create complications for brain and lung development.
     Do u smoke cigarettes? Or do any other drugs or alcohol? If u do u have to stop asap.
     So STOP SMOKING POT NOW! And you and your baby should be just fine.    Before women find out they are pregnant many of them have smoked cigs, drank alcohol and do all kinds of drugs, but as soon as u find out your prego you need to stop smoking and doing drugs. Good Luck and Good Health to you and your baby! Congrats!