sneezing
what's with the sneezing??  i know its from the WD so is the running nose and eyes....but what make the sneezing so bad???  anyone know?  i'm in day 3 of WD....its gotten better but just comes out of nowhere
I seriously sneezed just as I was reading this...
Sneezing seems to be a very common symptom during w/d's. I've heard it from most people. Sorry, I don't know why it happens. I'm 2 months into recovery and still sneeze more than I ever did. At least 4-5 times a day. I also snorted half of my pills, so I just assumed I did some damage to my nasal passages or sinuses. But now I think I might just have allergies because everyone in my office is sneezing too.....Unless......they 're all closet addicts and we all just happened to quit at the same time....hmmm... I should watch them closely????
Sorry I don't have any answers, I just wanted you to know I am Captain Sneezy too.
It's just part of it!  It will let up, but I didn't sneeze ANY when I took pills unless I was sick.  That is why we do it during WD.  It'll let up some!
Yes, sneezing is part of withdrawals and very normal! I still have sneezing fits at times! I'm not sure what causes it! Just be glad that you are young, and that your sneezing fits don't cause any, ahem, bladder control issues! Tee Hee!

Take care Toothfairie! You are doing great! Oh, and Bless You!
haha your comment made me laugh!!  captain sneezy!!  its not bad just comes out of the blue...like when i'm TRYING to chew food.....or drink something!!  not a good combo!!  i never sneezed before unless sick so i knew it was from WD just didn't know what caused it....maybe it's our body's way of catching up??  lol
thanks LeaAnn and Sonrissa!!  thanks for all you have done for me!!  and answering all my dumb a** questions!!  
It's more annoying than anything. I was eating skittles while driving my son home from soccer practice a few weeks ago. I had to sneeze with a mouthful. As I let it rip, I spit my gob of half chewed skittles on the dash of day old truck, then as I inhaled for sneeze #2 half a skittle went up my nasal passage and burned like lava. I honestly think it's still there. (and it smells like a yellow one, the ones that taste like a$$)
My son will never look at me the same again. He just gasped and said " what's wrong with you!" not in a worried, panic sort of way, but more in a "you're a disgusting human being" kind of way.

We did get a good laugh out of that though.

I can't believe I'm still sneezing though. They are good ones too. Loud blasts that can be embarrassing....Still glad to hear everyone went through the same stuff...
hahaha!  would have loved to seen that!!  not that it was THAT funny but just the way to described it!!  thanks for the laugh Badco!!  yes they are hard sneezes!!  if we knew when they came we could keep our mouths empty!  lol sheesh  what we have to go thru!!  
No question is dumb! Now "bless you" and grab some tissue!  :)
hahaha!!  thank you Teresa!!  made me LOL!!  this whole post has made me laugh!  not making light or fun of anything but it was just told funny.....lol
Someone wise told me that laughter is good because it shows us our emotions are coming back! I am normally good for a laugh or two :) Maybe not in the last day or so, but generally speaking! hahaha
I've sneezed about 6 times since reading this about an hour ago! lol!
yep i laughed at this for sure!!  and couple other PM i got here too....it's good to laugh!!  better than crying!!  haven't done much of that...too exhausted for it!!  i'm sure it will come later tho!!  
i'm still sneezing sometimes nowornever43!!  just hits me out of the blue!!  crazy!!  had gatorade in my mouth and about lost it!!  lol
Bad Co, OMG, that was a little TMI, but a lot of hysterical! Oooops, there goes that little bladder control problem again!

They say "Laughter IS the best Medicine"  I really do believe in that philosophy!
LoL! I did the same the other day!! Gatorade everywhere! My dog wasn't too happy!
It's even worse when you feel a good sneeze coming and then it doesn't happen.  It's almost like bad sex.
OMG Pat that cracked me up!!!  i'm loving these posts!!!hahahahaha!!!
and poor dog nowornever!!!   lololol!!!   i bet he thought WTH????  
I would probably settle for bad sex right now! And a good sneeze ! Ahhhhh :)
Thank you Bad Co.. you actually just made me belly laugh, and that made me feel really good.. sorry you sneezed, but just imagining a RAINBOW of half chewed skittles, had me in tears, and its not the w/ds...lololol!! THANKS ;)
I actually just read everyones posts, and a STILL LMAO.. feels good folks, ty.. And Im not laughing at you, Im laughing with you!!   Thanks again! :)  
Teresa....you and me both girl!!  dahahahahahaha!!!  omg i'm still laughing at these posts!!!  awesome!!  
IKR liveagain!!!!!    i laughed so hard at badco's story...it felt so good to laugh again!!  first time in DAYS!!  thanks so much everyone!!  and to think it all started with a silly question about sneezing!!  then went on from there!!  hahahaha!!  first time i started sneezing i sneezed 3 times i a row...i thought WTH???  am i getting sick now on TOP of all this crap!!  thank goodness it's just the WDs....lol  but just was curious why it makes you sneeze....lmao too funny!!!!  
I'm still laughing about you sneezing all the skittles onto your new truck dash!!  not funny but the mental pic i got was hilarious!!  hahahaa  and the yellow one that "smells like a@@...lmao...i'm STILL crackin up over this one!!  lol
I feel so alone with my sneezes that won't happen.  They hurt my nose and it's like oh yes, yes, it's coming, it's almost out and then nothing.
I have the kleenex ready but no.  It didn't happen.
So disappointing.
Okayyyy you guys!!!!  This is hysterical!!!  I JUST LOVE TO LAUGH!!!
Bad Co had me laughing so hard there were tears running down my face and then all the posts back and forth just continued my uncontrollable laughter!!!  Isn't it SO COOL?????  I am so glad to be feeling all my emotions again.  (On a side note, tonight while I was just reading this, I thought to myself, "self, I don't think you have laughed this hard, this belly clenching, tears rollin, outloud-unable- to- stop laughing since I took hallucenigenics (sp?) in the '70's!!!)  And yes, I'm OLD!!  But, only thing about THAT laughter was that it would NEVER stop and was chemically induced.
I would be beggin to stop laughin after about 4 hrs.
THIS WAS A NATURAL HIGH......GUYS!!!  THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT!

On a serious note, I didn't sneeze either while on opiates, and have read it is our histamines "resetting" and "healing".  Vit C and benedryl have both helped me with that.  (I know.....I know....here she goes)
Luv ya all........t
LOL Oh Pat, the way you just described that IS DEFINITELY like bad sex!!! hahahahaha Im literally laughing now! Its so much worse than premature sneezing isnt it?? :)
lol I can remember laughing so hard on mushrooms back in the 70's oh my god you are bringing up memories of laughter.
Yes, you have me laughing hard too.
We SO NEED this :):)
yes we do!!!  i never did mushrooms.....but i feel like i have tonight i've laughed so hard at these posts!!!  lmao!!!  i'm tired from laughing!!  maybe we will all sleep well tonight from all the laughter!!  i've actually laughed so hard before i've had pepsi come out my nose...now THAT is NOT fun!!!  burned like a burnin thang!!  omg!!  oh mama!!  i wanted to cry but couldn't catch my breath enough to!!  so i guess sneezes are a way to cleanse what ever is in the path!!  and i agree with Pat, it's sooo disappointing when it doesn't come!!  get all geared up for it and NOTHING....it's like waiting on something really exciting to happen!!  lol
So, just to put this all in perspective, we've gone from sneezing, to bladder control, (or lack there of), to the sneeze that won't come, to bad sex, to mushrooms! Just so I'm clear..... Or maybe I'm hallucinating  Gooooood grief!
I agree!! Hell, after the weekend I had I NEED this kind of laughter! This is the best I have felt in a couple of days! And all because of some damn sneezing! Which BTW, was the one symptom I HATED the most!! FUnny has this has come full circle now! hahaha
And this is total TMI, but I hated it because you try sneezing 15 times in a row after having a hysterectomy *leak leak* and you tell me you wouldnt hate it too! HAHA

Definitely TMI! LOL sorry!
It's just painful, lmao
hahahaha  sorry Teresa!!   had to laugh!!  still laughin at all this!!  this post has gone in so many directions!!  lmao!!!  
Pat i'm still laughing at the "like bad sex"...ahahahahaha!!  and its SO TRUE!!  I wouldnt even mind....nvm...hahahahaha