snorting pills and a knot in throat
My friend has a knot in their throat, and is curious if it could be caused from snorting pills?? I have no idea what to tell them... but as long as they snort a pill and have drainage, the knot doesnt bother them, but if they havent snorted one, they are comparing the pain to that of strep throat... Anyone have any idea what could cause this?
ur friend really needs to c a dr about this
he wont go... he is afraid its cancerous, or that they can trace it back to his durg use...I've tried to tell him he should go but he wont listen to me
The doctor is going to be the only way to know what is going On. There is no one here that is going to be able to aswer that we are not doctors and thats what he needs.
Sounds like that is mighty inflamed to me.......could possibly also be ulcerated....this isnt any kind of game here, ya know?  And if he is 18 HIPPA regs wont let anyone know whats going on......but you have to be alive for the HIPPA to apply......systemic infections kill....
I believe it could be but of course I am not a doctor.  When I snorted pills I had a red, inflamed and irritated sore throat.  Also what kind of pills is he snorting?  If there are a lot of additives it could be making it worse.
yey...and snorting can cause sinus infections too...the nose rim gets all crusty if he is snorting often so the throat would as well..he needs to be seen and stop snorting immediately..certain drugs can break thru the mucosa eventually and cause actual hols between the 2 nares/nostrils..would be bad if his esophagus has worn away and connected to his trachea...see a dr asap
the person i live with has been snorting all kinds of opiates for years.  he started having throat problems, difficulty swallowing, pain, lots of spitting, then what appeared to be gigantic swollen lymph nodes.  It's not swollen lymphs.  He was diagnosed w/ small cell cancer of the throat.  A type of aggressive cancer usually associated with the lungs.  Theres no way that all those years of that caustic dripping of drugs down his throat didn't contribute to this cancer. He smokes, and it seems the cancer manifested where his cells were already chemically compromised.