Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
snorting pills

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

snorting pills

i want to stop snorting my pill so badly but if i go more then two hours my thort hurt so very bad the only thing that helps is snorting another pill. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
which pills? if they are tylenol- hydro, then that's worse because of all the junk going up your nose. Snorting is an addiction in itself, simialr to the rituals of smoking dope or shooting up.
Good day, thanks for being honest and admitting that you have a problem snorting pills. I ignored all the warnings and continued snorting pain killers and benzo's. Today it has caught up with me and after 10 years of snorting, my septum is destroyed along with sinus cavities and the layers are gone. I cannot smell a thing now because of it, and I truly miss the smell of simple things, like the food I eat or flowers. Listen to those warning signs and your throat pain will go away, would rather have problems with my throat than finding out that you cannot smell or taste a darn thing forever. Again thanks for being honest, mike in nc   (44 days clean).
I know how hard it can be I was not a snorter but a chewer the habit is very hard to get out of but if you want to get clean you are going to have to try have you tried any type of cough drop or lozenge  or spray for throat pain I don't know if it would work and not sure if it would help or hurt ....but if you truly want to stop you are going to have to find some way....
Your going to have to feel the pain before you feel the pleasure of being free of the pills.  tellit2her gave you the reality of what will happen if you dont stop this.  Get yourself into some sort of aftercare.  You dont have to be a slave to this any longer.......sara
I did't know chewing was a form of addiction.  I personally love popping the norcos without a drink.  Feeling them desolve in my teeth and mouth.  Didn't know that was part of the addction.  I learn so much here.  

TO tink0125:
Hey, I have not started my detox, but will soon. Good luck to you. I don't know much, but snorting sounds really bad. If you can, please stop.
pax

humm I would not love it sooner or later its going to take the enamel right off your theeth
I'm going through same exact thing even my gums hurt -got subloxone -even mixing that with Tylenol to snort tostop the pain !! I'm swutching to under the tongue today -and I'll worry about withdrawing off the sub after my sinuses nose throat and gums stop hurting!! Plus if I use any nose spray to open up my nose now it bleeds -this is the worst and I went off heroine 10 years ago cold turkey - then relapsed go on methadone 2yearslatersnd wentcold turkey off 120
mg a dayof that !! When I snorted the h it didn't do this to my sinuses and throat! Cepacol lozenges help some they numb-saline aerosol will flush your sinuses a little -let me know what u find that helps -thanks -amy138
Amy....the only thing that is going to help stop this pain is to stop snorting and to get off this stuff.  Have you thought about seeing an addiction specialist?  You are on a rollercoaster ride that only has one way and that is down.  You kicked H 10 yrs ago and you can do it again.

pax.......I hope the one thing you learn here is how to get and stay clean.  You have no idea what you are doing to your teeth and none of it is good.      sara        
PAIN is part of our recovery
It’s something we don’t ever want to forget, we are addicts, and we can do it together Thank you for reminding me what its like. Good luck !
I never knew you could do that, some of the medicine like Solpadine and Nurfean plus have colourings in them that would burn my tongue.

mikchez, Pain is part of the recovery physical and mental. And we should stick together.
how did u clean ur nose after ten yrs.is there any sinus meds u used to help.is there anything that can be done to help the process along.