Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
soma-not a benzo

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

soma-not a benzo

I called walgreens and asked a pharmacist if soma was indeed a benzo. She said no, it is not. Just to clarify about my earlier post asking. Shoulda called the pharmacist before asking but I forgot all about making phone calls, god forbid when I have the internet! hah!
So what did the pharmacist say it was then?
they told me it was just muscle relaxant.
im gonna call yet another pharmacy and ask them and see what they say.
ok. called rite aid-spoke to pharmacist there. he said its not a benzo- i asked then what was it and he said a skeletal muscle relaxant.
Thats true it is a muscle relaxant.......

Soma
Generic Name: carisoprodol (kar eye soe PROE dole)
Brand Names: Soma, Vanadom

Soma is a muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain.

Soma is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions.

my mistake I thought it was comparable to Valium

no problem. i just wanted to clarify it. It was driving me CRAZY!! haha
Avatar n tn
It is not a benzo under the name Soma or carisoprodol.  It's metabolic make up is the same as an old benzo called meprobamate, or the brand name of Miltown.  It was a popular "mothers little helper" years ago...much abused so they don;t prescribe for that anymore.  They just market it as a muscle relaxer now.  It's why Nicole Richey is like she is...when it hits, it's similar to a heroin buzz.  Someone close to me is involved with this-I know a lot about it.
Ive never gotten any heroin buzz off it. Maybe your friend takes too many at a time? For me, and trust me, I was on them 120 a week on and off for a year they were nothing like heroin...
I thought I read years ago it was classified as a benzo.....

watch out for the Soma Coma.........they would put King Kong to sleep.......
maybe i just have a super high tolerance but my bf took 2 of mine and they did nothing for him either.
bet I never took two of anything I started with a handful and worked up from there
That said, wonder what soma would show up as on a drug test for employment.......anyone know?  Perhaps it shows up as a BZO there.  I don't know.......
i read it on the internet that a girl had a urine test and it showed as a benzo. Thats why I got was so curious.
2 of my favorite people...hey, are we talking about the difference between soma and benzos? just confused bout the nature of this conversation...
nah, i was just wondering if soma was a benzo and I called a few pharms to confirm that it is not.