Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
spring

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

spring

let's all try to balance an egg on its end tonight. 7:44est. oops too late on the west coast. we can be addicts becoming balanced all at the same moment. addicts unite! balance an egg. it will keep you busy for a few minutes anyway.let me know if you try, especially if you succeed. i can never do it but my kids can. peace.   sway
this is a time of rebirth and renewal for the earth and her inhabitants. i build a fire outside. i write down things i have done wrong, times i've hurt someone, things i want to change and just whatever may come to mind. i put each one on a small slip of paper. after some meditation and so forth, i burn the slips very deliberately. sort of a spiritual purging. i'm gonna be using up some post-its tonight. try it. maybe it will  make you feel better. pretty sure you won't feel worse. toss the last of those pills into the flames. just a thought. peace.     sway
you are so right on with that,i did that last week i wrote a letter to my mom and then put in in the fireplace..
p.s. can we put the egg on its side lol
Great idea...When I meditate, I picture a stream and when unwanted thoughts and feelings come, I acknowledge them and then imagine them as twigs floating downstream....sometimes they're logs lol.  When I meditate outdoors I sometimes look at the sky and imagine them as clouds passing. Visual and mental imagery is great for finding that peaceful place. GBU, Corey