stadol ns addiction
my husband has cronic migraine, he has been taking stadol ns for over 2yrs on a daily basis.  i told him the first 24 to 72 hrs are the worst, he really wants off this med. his dr. is our neighbor so he will not go to him and tell him it is a problem.  I told him to try clonidine a couple of times aday to help he has already gone 2 days without the stuff or any pres. med and is doing pretty good I told him now the worst part will be the wanting the drug how long should it really take for him to be done with this drug if he takes no others for a couple of weeks he really does have bad headaches and needs something but not all the time i hope you can be of some help any one else I have asked have said they have never heard of the stuff thank you very much
bob
I was really ignorant about Stadol NS when they first prescribed it for me in 1996 for migraines. I had been used to taking Dilaudid, so I was dissapointed, until I tried it with about 5 sprays each nostril....OD city. I use a self injecting med for my headaches now and it's awesome. It stops the headaches dead.

Good luck!
well, my doctor prescribed stadol ns for a shoulder injury when talwin nx no longer helped. it worked. i was pain free with the normal dosage for a week or two. then it had to be increased...and increased...and increased until i was using two sprays every 4-6 hours. needless to say, i became addicted to it. i started increasing my refills on my scripts and calling in my own scripts when my doctor cut me off. i was successful for about 6 months until i got caught. i went through the court process and got a job at a pharmacy as a tech. eventually i ended up taking a bottle and got caught. i was lucky that i didn't end up in jail, but if i kept it up, i would be. i stopped using stadol cold turkey. i had no choice. it was one of the hardest things that i have ever done but i did it. i decided it was stop stadol or go to jail. i didn't want to go to jail, soo....i have been off stadol for over 2 and a half years now, i'd still take some if it was offered to me. oh, i also forgot to mention that i  found stadol in veterinary form quite by accident when it was prescribed for my dog. i used that also. since stopping stadol, i have done a lot of research on it. skb knew it was addictive when it was introduced but did not want it classifird as a controlled substance because doctors would hesitate to prescribe it. at 85 dollars for 2 and a half mls or half of a teaspoon, that means a lot of money. many people became addicted and skb finally classified it as a controlled substance after it had been on the market over two years. i also discovered that it was several times more potent than morphine. i feel for anyone who is addicted to stadol. please do yourself a huge favor and stop. the consequences are not worth it, if anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know. thanks for letting me tell my abbreviated story.
I have been taking stadol for a couple of months now I need some advice too.... I am afraid to tell my doctor in thinking that he won't give me anything if i get a bad migraine. I am also on norco for my migraines it works very well too but very addicting also.
I am addicted to Stadol NS.  I am having a hard time comming off the Stuff.  I am on Lorizapam and it helps but, me will power is very low.  NEED HELP.  NEED HELP.
I was just wandering if stadol has ever killed anyone by overdosing by acident?
I have been using Stadol since it hit the market...maybe 1992 or so.  It stopped my monthly migraines in their tracks and allowed me to continue working with very little cerebral impairment.  I also found that I had to increase the dosage until I discovered something.

By accident, one day after using one spray of Stadal, and 8 hrs later, I sniffed hard to keep some post nasal drainage in check.  Wow, 10 min later I experienced the subtle effects of Stadol.  My conclusion was that some of the residual spray remains on the nasal tissue (mucous membrane) for a long time after the initial application.  Everytime I would sniff, another dose (although less) would be taken.

So I made a habit of rinsing my nose with that saline nasal spray 30 min after using Stadol.  Blowing it OUT of my nose on a tissue.  The need for more Stadol immediately stopped and I'm back to maybe six application every 1-2 months.

Any comments?
May need to post a new question as this is an old thread from 2000...i am not familiar with stadol but will google it...
GET OFF THE STADOL NS!!!!!IT IS SOOOO ADDICTIVE!!!! I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD IT MAKES YOU FEEL. IT IS ONLY RUINING YOUR NASAL CAVITY AND YOUR BRAIN CELLS.  I WAS ADDICTED, BUT NOT ANYMORE THANKS TO MY DOCTOR. GET OFF OF THIS STUFF!!!!!!
                    TRACY J. IN TN.