Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
staff will not return my calls.and wont let me talk to my wife

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hello i am new here . looking for info . on what to do . my wife was admitted to allenwood rehab in pa. white deer facility . she went in 11 days ago . she contacted me twice last week . said she was going to call again two nights ago . still no call . i have called and left several messages with her counsler still no one including the superviser . will call me and let me know what is going on . we have a 19 month old baby and this is really stressing me out . any help would be a great help thank you
Oh my I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.  This must be beyond difficult I can't even imagine.

Did they say anything about her contact with you for the first week or so when you admitted her?  I know it must be terrible to not be able to talk to her but I think those first couple of weeks, because they can be so intense, that they do that on purpose so she can focus just on her detox for right now.

I really hope you make contact with someone soon.  Your wife is lucky to have you :)
Wow I don't know what to tell you. that's horrible you should be able to get ahold of somebody at the rehab center. you might want to try their local authority and just make a report. that does sound really suspicious though so if I were you I would definitely get a hold of somebody who could help. as for the baby though keep your head up dad good luck that baby need you now more than ever. I'm sure everything's okay but just keep trying to get ahold of the center.
Struggling had a good point. I would call the rehab center and tell them your intentions if they don't provide you with more solid information. Could it be that your wife requested not to have contact with you at this time? I know with privacy laws now, they would honor her wishes. Can you contact a family member that your wife may have more contact with? Hang in there and take care of that baby of yours......I am sure you will hear from her soon.
thank you all . my motherinlaw has allso tried to make contact . they were very rude to her on the phone . and told her nothing . when i talked to my wife last she wanted to leave there and come home . she said she was on level 3 and was allowed to make three more calls this week . when i mentioned calling the local athoritys the desk man told me they did not have to tell them anything either . when i talked to the one superviser she told me only that my wife was there . and i would have to wait for her counsler to call me . she could not do nothing about it . something is wrong . i can feel it . the way they are giving me a runaround .
Are you far from the facility?  I don't think you'd want to storm in there, but you could go to where she checked in and talk to someone.  I know this is hard, but I've read about a lot of rehab facilities and a lot of them discourage contact with family/friends for a while.  As I said, at least during the initial detox phase, which I think she might still be in?
I am three hours away . . She done her detox here at home for 5 days before she could get in . she told me (last time we talked ) she was going to see if she could get the 30 day shot and come home . and i am on her list to release info . myself and her mother . i am real temted to file a missing persons report . I had to call there corprete office in cali. just to get ahold of the night superviser because they would not talk to me . and still nothing
I'm sorry but I would contact the police...
It's one thing to not let the patient have outside contact during detox but it's another to refuse to give any info to the spouse or return phone calls!
Yeah I think now that I know a little more you may want to contact the authorities and ask that they go check on her.
I finally got ahold of my wife . i got the # of the payphone in there lounge . she happend to be in there . she is not happy with me now because she is afriad of getting in trouble . they cant blame her though . As far as her counsler she had taken the day off today . i feel releifed that my wife is ok . thank you all for your support . the lack of careing and rudness i recieved at this facilaty i would not recomend to anyone to send there loved ones there .
why is she mad at you? if she is allowed to have phone calls, then it shouldn't be an issue. i know when my cousin went to rehab, she wasn't allowed to talk to anyone over the phone or have visitors for the first 14 days.

but just know she is going to be okay - and so glad you were able to speak with her over the phone tonight!
most of the time they cut you off from all outside people as far as the conslors go there is the hipia law that states unless your wide sighed papers for you to get info it is ileagle dor them to release info to you so your kinda in a jam here its going to be up to your wife and she very well may have to earn phone privileges so you may be out there for a wile
thats how most rehabs work.........Gnarly
I know you must be really struggling with this..But..your wife has adisease she is sick and needs help.Addicted people ALWAYS lie..I am sorry but it is true. If you want your wife back. leave her with the proffessionals..YOU can Not help her.  Take good care of the baby and wait for them to contact you...She is in good hands...Tale care of you.
I'm relieved, mozzy, that you connected with her.  And I agree with the other posters - let her be for now so she can focus on her care.  I'm sure she'll reach out to you again when she's ready.  Just focus on taking care of the baby and you while she's gone.  It's important that you both stay well right now too.

Good luck to you.  :)