Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
stop hydrocodone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

stop hydrocodone

My husband has been on hydrocodone for 9 months after an ankle injury. He tried once before to come off it but gave into the withdraw. He is trying again and I want to help him in anyway that I can. His stomach is upset and he feels terrible but he has made it 2 days without any pills after a taper down. How can I help him? How long does this take?
Hi Telly, and welcome! Your husbands withdrawal symptoms will last about a week! Then he should start feeling much better physically! Make sure that he stays very well hydrated! He should drink lots of water or Gatorade! Have him take Immodium for his stomach and bathroom issues! There are vitamins that he can take which will help ease some of the withdrawal symptoms. Please check out the Thomas Recipe, the link is at the bottom of the page, for a list of things that will help! Most importantly, try to keep him up and as active as possible! Short walks outside are the best thing! That alone, will help alot! Good luck, and best wishes! Please keep posting anytime you have any questions or need some support or encouragement! Lots of people here have been through this and will be glad to help! Take care!