Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
stop now???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

stop now???

just got a message that my pain mgt clinic is closed due to weather--call Monday to "reschedule"--  after I threw away 10 sub strips to make myself do a drastic taper until my appt. today--was planning on just staying with the taper (1mg) for a couple more weeks then quitting, have a busy weekend and am in a way glad, but a bit pissed as what are speople supposed to do if they're out?? they don't care!  it's crazy, makes me want to stop even more but was at least hoping to get a bit lower (and not have things I have to do-- scheduled!!
The old throw it away to make it easier trick. I know that one oh so well. If you wait till monday and call, your blood levels will have dropped and you will be ready for your next drop. You can quit now and survive. You have that backup script waiting for you at the doc, so it may call your name pretty intense. I would call and say you're done if you want to quit now. If you want to keep tapering, try not to flip out and get it when you can, just don't take extra the day you get them. Subs are weird about changing dosage a lot. I've seen anxiety get out of hand with irregular use of any amount. Hang in there, keep us posted on what you decide.
I am sorry! But unfortunalty they DONT care at all ... I went through this so many times before I "wanted" to quit. I feel you should just stop now, but you have to want too! I never found and this is my own experience it easier to stop when I ran out. I needed to be at my rock bottom and wanted to stop!
Keep posting we will help you through!!
thank you so much for your quick response!!  I'm just tired of feeling numb and being dependent on them to feel ok.  by time I reschedule (and who knows when I can actually get IN, they said to CALL Monday??  took .5mg yesterday so by Monday I'll be in the worst of it, day 4 or so, why start over; other than the fact that everyone says it's important to be at a much lower dose first, like .25mg or less.  I'm going to take my daughter out for a big breakfast, pick up some hylands, b-12 and lots more food, but I'll be on here soon, thank you tmlb for all you do!!
Hi there,

I know I did a quick taper being in rehab, but I jumped from 2mg to nothing. It hurt, but I made it through. I am day 31 and kicking some butt. Still not 100%, but I'd say around 85%. You can do it. Really, why start all over again. :)
That's encouraging to hear!  did you have a lot of help in the beginning?  I almost think this warrants a lawsuit of some kind, granted I was on a low dose but what about others that were on 8mg that have to go at least 3 days now with ZERO??  I'll either call them with a few choice words, or get script first then let em have it....lol