Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
stress trigger

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

stress trigger

I now realize stress is my trigger. I'm not craving my pills I'm craving for away to get away from reality. I have a lot of stress factors right now. I must say I'm surprised I haven't cracked. You guys r great I don't know if I would have made it without you all
Does anybody else feel this
Absolutely! My number one reason for using! Stress (i.e. real bad feeling). For me using had always been a way to stay in the middle of the most stressful situations WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING IN THE SITUATION. I could just keep things as is. But when I took away drugs/alcohol I couldn't continue escaping from the stress I had to start looking at the situation and was forced to make changes. Or use again.
It helps to know I'm not the only one
It helps to know I'm not the only one
yep, stress is the main reason I use. In fact, stress has been the biggest reason why I've always ended up relapsing