Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
suboxone. How many hours before taking the first pill?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have a Oxy. problem. I weened myself down from about 300mg a day to forty then ran into a brick wall. Friend gave me Suboxone. Told me it worked for him. The question is how many hours do I have to wait before takeing the first pill. I read somewhere that 12 hours was about right. At this point I will take all advice. Thanks a bunch.
A doctor I spoke to told me 8 hours, however, I heard that in order for it to be most effective you need to take it while in total withdrawal in order for it to have the full effect.  I would wait until I couldn'tbear it no more.
Also, it's not a one time thing.  It's my understanding that it's a maintenance drug.
Good luck.
If you are down to only 40 mg's I suggest that you break the suboxone into half or 4ths because you wont need that much to get you through the withdrawal and also you might need a couple to totally kick the habit.  Good luck.
exactly. you must be in full withdrawral before taking the suboxone because it has an 0piate blocker in it wich will send you into majar withdrawls if you take it too soon..so my advice is wait long as you can and get sick as can possibly bare before putting that suboxone under your toungue
what is the best plan for suboxone, i have heard the withdrawals are worse than coming off opiats.  I took as many as 5 30 mg hydrocodone a day and am down to 1/3 of a pill every eight hours.  Should i ween the hydro problem or take suboxone.  Any advise....I have an appointment tuesday for suboxone but would like to avoid it