Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
suboxone dosage??? should i taper more of the oxy 80mg's

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

lil bio , was on 3 80 mg oxycontin for 6 months (snorted them) , than methandone for 9 months, i used needles caue i couldnt get high anyother way proly about 20-25 times doin large a large dose, i would mix 2 80'soxy,100mg morphone, and 2 diladid 8mg in one shot.... was in really bad shape..i gave up the needles in june ,. i couldnt do the methadone anymore and i was just fed up with everything and tried to quit, the doctor gave me 3 20's oc a day for 10 days than 50mg a day for 10 days than 40 mg for 10 days but thats wen i screwed up and my friend introduced me to smoking them so i than could get high again, so i was smoking 3 80's a day for 5 moths , than march 2nd i went to detox and was clean for 9 days, i shouldnt have came back to my hometown becasue i than relapsed, i got denied at rehab becasue i take ativan,...but after the 9 clean days i relapsed and went really hard into them, smoking 7-10 80's oxys a daybut the last 3 dasy ive been tapering,,1st day did 3.5, 2nd i did 3, and today i did 3,

anyway i was gunna take suboxone and i was wondering wat dose i should start? my plan is to taper with it .

should i taper off the oxys more before i start the suboxone, ????
I have a friend who was doing anywhere between 3 to 4 ...80mg Oxys a day.  He went to a Doctor and got on Suboxone.  After three weeks he said he felt normal again.  Of course, everyone is different, but he told me he was impressed how he didn't have the withdrawals and how good suboxone worked!  Good luck!  You can do it!
you have to be in withdrawal from oxys before you start suboxone  or as soon as you take the sub you will feel major withdrawal. so be careful with that
I also had no idea you could smoke oxy.  the things a person learns everyday
You need to talk to your doctor about how much sub you should take none of us here are doctors we cant give you that advice.
After you left me a private message,  I ask you to repost here so people could repsond to your questions or perhaps help you thru a taper w/d process,       I have seen it a bazillion times on this site,  so not too sure why the responce or the lack there of, is what it is......

I am only the mom of an oxy addict in recovery,  I am so sorry I dont have any first hand experience to share with you,,,,,    You obviously want to quit this horrid exentence you are now living....  and good for you that you went thru the detox  and made it 9 day,  not a lot of people can say  that....  And you are wanting to try again.      I hope you are getting your suboxone from a doctor  and not the streets.   The doc will help you with regulating the meds  if he or she doesnt do so to your satisfaction,   get another doc.  

You want to go in rehab,   keep checking for one that will accept and take on all the needs you have....      

I can tell you that for my daughter,  a taper  from oxy didn't help one iota....  nada..   perhaps someone on this site can share their experience and give you some advise in that regards.    

I hope today was a better day for you,  and that you keep posting,   and can gain some support to help you thru this time.     Please msg me any time         I am just  a keystroke away..........
sounds like u could switch over when u r in wds..ask ur doctor when u go for the sub visit....some have to wait only 12 hours..depends on the dr and the dose/and the doc...never heard of smokin oxy..swear u learn things on here sometimes that are not good..guess i gotta go roll some oxies now!

be safe and keep posting this forum s great place 4 u to be right now
I truly hope you dont "roll  or   rail any oxy now"  it kills people looking for that better high every day.   sorry if I dont get the humor   i almost lost my daughter to this epidemic that sadly  all of her generation knows exactactly how to use for the maximum high.   it truly breaks my heart   and I guess one of those life experiences  you dont get  or can comprehend unless you have been there........