suboxone good or bad? main thing confidential????
anyone go to a suboxone dr? is this a bad idea...any idea on cost or what happens? how confidential is it...will my job and future jobs need to know?
OMG!!!! i just got off the phone got the prices for the first dr near me who is certified. These are the prices the first appointment is $400 this is not including the $2000 for the program itself includes 6 meetings and 1 one on one.....each appointment for 3 months is a extra $250!!!! so the first visit i would pretty much pay $2400 not including medication. If i had that much money to just give away in one day i would prob be dead from taking these things. They do not take ins i believe mine covers this but i want it to be confidential.
This is my opinion, do not go the Sub route just detox off your current opiate usage.  I have detoxed off both Sub and Opiates and by far the Sub detox was more painful and lasted twice as long.  Sub has a longer half-life than other opiates therefor it causes the detox to be longer.  Even if you are very diciplined with your Sub taper you will undoubtatley suffer some WD symtoms from coming off of Sub.  
Sub doctors are very expensive and so is the medication.  I tried it and it was too strong for me but I have heard it works wonders for others.  Everyone reacts differently.  My first appointment was $350 and each consecutive visit was $150.  The meds themselves without insurance run between $6-8 a pill here.  Its hard to find doctors that take insurance, some do though.  It sounds like you don't want to use your insurance for confidentiality reasons.  I don't know what the $2000 for the program is, I didnt have to pay that.  Call around there are a lot of sub doctors if you really want to go that route.  Go to www.heretohelpprogram.com, put in your zip code and it will list doctors in your area.  There is also a doctor/patient matching system at www.naabt.org.  When you fill out the form you can list what your looking for in a doctor.

If you decide to just detox on your own, there is a wealth of information on this site along with lots of support :)

Good Luck on your journey!

WannaBeFree
My sub Dr is free. The cost of the meds is 164 for 28 days. I am so glad that I chose to get on Subonxone! I love it!!!!!

Best of Luck to you
Krissy