Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
suboxone to fentanyl

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

suboxone to fentanyl

.Can anyone advise me,please.Iv'e been an addict all my life but have been clean years as im on suboxone.After reading this forum im coming to the conclusion its time to come off them but there is a problem.Iv'e come off suboxone before and the WDs are pretty tough but not as bad as methadone.I cant go through this taper bull again as it hammers me.An ex girlfriend says she will give me 3 fentanyl 50microgram an hour patches which will do me 9 days and stop the WDs.Im not asking you if you think im doing the right thing.Im scared as I dont know if suboxone has given me a high enough tolerance to easily handle fentanyl.Does anyone have the answer to this.That fentanyl is a potent drug which is not even given to non opiate tolerant patients so obviously im a bit reluctant.Does anyone know.
Switching to Fentanyl isn't the answer. The answer is a taper down to crumbs...less than .5mg...and aftercare. I came off of Suboxone and relapsed within a month because I had no idea on how to stay clean. My suggestion is to initiate a slow taper and get into aftercare now...give yourself the best chance. What dosages did you usually jump from?
The lastime I jumped off 8mg...dead,right off it.I was dead and right off it as well.Iv'e just remembered it was actually subutex I jumped off as they gave me that lastime then changed it this time.Same thing I suppose.Im only on 16mg but tapering that,to me,is going to be a long rough ride of many months wheras the fent would tide me over 9 days and after it the worst WDs are gone.Oh man.I dont wana go down the heroin road again as it will finish me.Oh christ,what road do I take,GA.
The Fentanyl withdrawal will be worse than the Suboxone withdrawal and then what? Listen to GA Guy, he has been down the road....
If I were in your shoes, I'd start a long slow taper and get aftercare while I was tapering. That is your absolute best chance of never having to use anything again.
Thats exactly what im going to do and im doing it dead slow and I dont care if it takes a year.Iv'e just being reading in this forum about a 21yr old girl whos hopelessly addicted to pills and her confidence is as low as her toenails.Im forgeting that iv'e been off heroin for 9yrs or so and my life is good.I get to see my son,I have the love and respect of my family now,and I have a beautiful home.If I did take fentanyl,like you say, I could end up out my depth and in serious trouble just like that young girl.I would end up selling everything in my home and losing my son as well as myself.Im going to stay where I am and calm down a wee bit.Thanx again.
Hi Jim,

I was on suboxone for nearly 4 years and tapered down to about 1mg.  It was still hard for me so I chose to do an accelerated detox (NOT RAPID DETOX).  I did the detox at the Coleman Institute - it was an 8 day program and worth every cent as well as the time.  I am coming up on a year off sub this weekend.