Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
suboxone to methadone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

suboxone to methadone?

I was wondering if I can take methadone after taking a 4mg strip of sub about 7 hours ago. I've read that the other way around is a big nono it will send you into immediate withdraw but what about this way? If anyone has any insite I would love the feedback.
I tapered off suboxone from a high oxycodone habit. I'm not a doctor, but I would pretty much reassure you that suboxone has a good 72 hour half life so what I know, would say that methadone would have pretty much no effect, because of the opiate blocker. I could be wrong, just my opinion.
And I'm guessing, it could put you into w/d. Are you trying to get clean?
Thanks I was afraid of that I mean I only took a half a dose about 10 hours ago so I'm not sure. I no the longer I wait the better but its my first day clean off of a 5 yr herion addiction and I'm hoping to feel somethin from this methadone I came across. I'm dyin here I really wanna cave in and go get high but my boyfriend won't have it. Any advice on anything. Please help I'm struggling right now.
Hang n there, alot of people have successfully came off suboxone from methadone, and with a taper schedule. Are you able to obtain subs?
Sorry, I meant suboxone from heroine.
Yea i see a sub doctor weekly never tried methadone and came across it n wanted to try it
HI if you want to do thew switch you have to wait till your in withdrawals from the sub b/4 going on the methadone both of these drugs should only be given by a doctor it is not wise to self administer ether one do find a doctor that can help good luck and God bless..........Gnarly
you have to wait till your in withdrawals from the sub b/4 going on the methadone

ditto