Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
suboxone withdrawal-how much longer??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

suboxone withdrawal-how much longer??

I guess what I really want to know after that long post is how long should I really expect this?  Like I over emphasized this is day 8, a Friday.  I missed an entire week of work and am expected back on Monday which will be day 11.  Will I be up to it?  I work in NYC and the commute in is very physically challenging as a 2 mile walk is part of my commute.  I know we are all different but could this really be WEEKS like ive read on here?  Or Months?  Really?  Is my doc lying?  Is he just uninformed?  I read this forum before I quit a week ago and it scared me but I didnt really expect it to be this bad and to last this long.... Im losing it mentally.  Feels good to be on here to see Im not along I guess
Tags: Suboxone
Everyone is definitely different when it comes to length of time and whatnot.  I'm also tapering off sub and completey sympathize with you as I have gone thru much of the same things.  The advice I was given for the end of the taper was to take 1 mg/.5mg every other day or every couple of days before I stop completely.  Suboxone has a long half life which could be part of the reason you feel like such crappola.  Also I've been advised that there will be "residual withdrawals" ie fatigue, insomina, etc.  Try taking a multi vitamin and drink lots of water.  I wish I had a foolproof plan to give you...  But hang in there - I was told it takes about 2 weeks before those symptoms let up.  Again, everyone is different tho!! Keep posting & welcome to the forum!!
im trying to come off suboxone too, i only take less than a milligram a day and i still feel like im going into withdrawal if i miss a dose im ******* scared to come off and im almost out...
Wish I had better news for you too.  I am on day 16 and still having 'waves' of W/D's periodically -----  Also I am extremely tired all the time - no energy ---- but keep the faith - - we WILL get better and be totally healed.   Sub has kicked by butt and I was only on it for 21 days and in small doses - -go figure.  Well, just thought I would add my experience with Sub- --- All the best.
I am also on suboxone, have been for 2months currently taking 4mgs/day. Unfortunately I believe you said you were on sub for over a year so the your withdrawls will last longer than that of others who've taken it for less amount of time. A friend on here was also on Sub for an extended period of time and he's still having w/d's a month later. He was on sub for 8months before getting off, hes said the w/d's arent as bad as the first couple weeks but they are still there. Cant be completely sure that you will have the same experience but never the less I felt you needed to hear the truth about what to expect. Hopefully your w/d's wont last as long as his, and I'll try and send him a message so he can maybe contact you and let you know firsthand what his experience was/is like. If at all possible could you get any more time off work? Im sorry I dont have better news, and everyone is different so no guarantees, maybe you'll be fine next week. In the meantime I will have him contact you, so maybe you can ask him some more direct questions related to the w/d's that go along with the extended use of suboxone. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery, whatever happens eventually the symptoms will go away and you'll be rewarded with the sobriety that you've most certainly earned. Best wishes!
wow.  thanks for your information.  you now I came on here before I stopped and read all these blogs about the extreme length of the sub wd and asked me doc over and over if it would be ok.  he is such a kind doctor.  so understanding.  promised that i would not have any symptoms.  I guess I keep going back to that because im thinking WTF.  I should have just suffered the 5 or 6 miserable days coming right off the oxys and been done with it.  people have been recommending vitamin B12.  so I went to GNC to get some and surprisingly the girl guessed right off the bat what I needed for.  True story - the first thing she said was "You should try Suboxone" Ha Ha.  I told her how dangerous a recommendation that is as I was wd'ing off the sub.  Anyway - have you or maybe your friend heard of something called SkullCap?  She said lots of people come in for B12 when detoxing and they are buying up this Skullcap herbal stuff.  Its supposed to promote a "healthy nervous system".  a minimal google search did indicate that it helps with anxiety associated with nervous system disorders and withdrawal.  I havent taken it yet.  believe it or not, im panic when taking new things = even vitamins. imagine that.. 60mgs of oxycontin per day and afraid to take a vitamin.. anyway if you or anyone you know has any experience with Skullcap, please let me know.  Thanks!  and Thanks for your support.  Its very lonely going through this.  Family cannot sympathize as no one has gone through this here and at day 9 my partner is getting a bit annoyed with the situation.  its understandable.  He doesnt know.  but its nice to have people to talk to on here.  
I am sorry u r having to go thru this...alsothat u were mis-informed that u would not go thru this/most think that sub is a free ride/and it is not by a long shot...but like any withdrawal, u will have to stick to it and be strong...yes/for most i think that week or so of wd scares them so bad that they resort to the sub...and it can be a big mistake for many...in retrospect/i am sure u do wish u woulda just went thru the oxy wd verses this as it is so much more drawn out than oxy or hydro wd...but this is where u r at and hind sight is 20/20...dwelling on should/coulda/if i woulda/ gets us no where...u r where u r and u sound like u will kick this ...it is true that no one understands wd unless they have been there...it is such a strange occurence and sneaks up on us when we least expect it ...boom...addicted....and wd is so much a mental vesrses a physical thing when all is said an done...again hind sight is 20/20...stay strong and keep moving forward
I was on subs for two years after taking every pain killer under the sun. I just stopped about 2 weeks ago and the first week was not as bad as detox off pain killers,but I still have no motivation or energy. I work in construction and that job isn't the easiest to do while detoxion. I'll try to keep everyone posted.    
Are you taking any vitamins or supplements? If not check out the amino acid protocol. It can be found in the health pages which is located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Keep fighting buddy. Hopefully here soon you'll feel like you did before you started all this crap.
Best of luck!

Brian
Ya I've been on sub for like 2yr and the past couple months I've been cutting down like 2mg a day, but I'm on day 6 of completely stopping, so it's like one day I'll be w/d crazy, then the next feel fine. But the major thing is I have no drive to do anything, it's depressing. Anyways I take a multi vitiam, and b12 which helps I guess lol, I feel and understand everyone on here having the same problem so let's all pray to be normal non drug dependent people again haha best of luck bye
I had been on Suboxone for one years & was cut off cold turkey. Suboxone is truely the devils drug. yes it does help to do away with other narc.However the down side is ( to me ) the WDs are much worse than the pain pills. Today is day number 6 off suboxone for me & its hell.The lack of energy,body aches,mood swings runny nose. No motivation what so ever, However I created this monster in me. If I had it to do over again I would have never taken that 1st pain pill  & for sure not tht 1st Suboxone. I feel suboxone is just another legal drug with horiffic withdrawls. How long until you fill normal again? I am the problem,I am the reason for this mess & I must suffer thru this.  
The posts I have read inspired me to share my story.
    I was addicted to pain pills for 3 yrs then was prescribed suboxone. I was taking suboxone for 2 years and felt that my doctor was not tapering me down properly. It was really expensive and I no longer wanted to be dependant on medication, so I decided to quit cold turkey ( I was taking 12mg a day).
    I went through HELL for 2 weeks (nausea, severe irritability, anxiety, hot flahes, cold chills, fever, sweaty palms, back pain, insomnia, and absolutely no energy) before anything started to ease up. I was in the ER because the symptoms were unbearable. I've been to the doctor twice and urgent care once for symptoms and because I was sick with a cold.
    When going through withdrawal your immune system is weak, therefore it is much easier to become sick. My family doctor perscribed a non narcotic anxiety medication (Hydroxyzine Pam 25 mg) that is proven to help with withdrawal symptoms. It does ease it up but not completely.
    Today is day 27 and I am still fighting through it. I have to say I feel much better than I did 2 weeks ago. I was never warned about the duration of suboxone withdrawal; I am just finding out by reading everyones posts. I do take a multi vitamin and vitiamin B12 daily. I do beleive it is helping.
    I had to withdraw from school for the time being and took a leave of absense from work. It it difficult for me to do just about anything. I would strongly suggest to do what you can to take time off to recover. I am thankful I have a great boss.
    I notice a slight difference in the way I feel everyday. I can see that I am gradually recovering. No one really knows how long it will take each individual to recover because everyones situation is different. All I can say is that you will recover it just takes time. Do not get discouraged and keep fighting and prayers always help. Remember YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!
I abused between 160 - 320 mg of oxycontin a day for over a year.  I quit cold-turkey Fall 2009 and never in my life have wanted to die so bad.  I stayed home from work for 2 days and laid in bed sweating, cramping, restless legs, racing thoughts, etc.  I went to work on day 3 and had absolutely no interest in anything for 30 days.  I was basically a walking terd.  I started doing Oxy's again because those 30 days were absolute Hell.  I had hit rock bottom and couldn't afford my habit anymore.  I decided I needed professional help and went to a Dr. whom I have known my whole life.  He put me on Suboxin Jan. 25, 2010 at 8 mg per day.  To each his own, this drug saved my life.  I'd visit every 30 days and he was willing to let me decide when to taper down to a smaller dosage.  I did 8 mg/day for approx. 4 months then dropped that in half on month 5.  I will admit, I could tell a difference in the way I felt, I had less energy and lost interest in all I liked to do.  I would find myself nodding off at my desk, etc.  About a week of this was all it lasted, no lost sleep, just lost energy.  A couple months later I tapered down to 2mg/day.  Same routine, no energy for a week, sleep was still fine.  11 months later, I had tapered down to 1 mg a day.  I didn't notice much difference between the tapering this time.  I went and visited my Doc in Dec. 2010 and told him i wanted to be done with it, I had been on it long enough.  He agreed, and recommended 1 mg/day every other day for a couple weeks then stop.  Followed the plan.  I felt actually pretty damn good for the first 3 - 4 days but day 5, ouch!  All of the subo's must have left my system I had absolutely no energy, hated everything, severely depressed and the worst of all the restless arms and hands associated with it.  I am on day 13 and I can tell that my mood (depression) is getting better, but I am anxious to go to sleep tonight due to the twitchy hands and arms.  Tried every type of sleeping pill / natural sleep aid **** on the market and nothing is helping me through this.  I'm hesitant to go to the doctor for any prescriptions because I know I will most likely abuse them (to try to get that oxy euphoria).  It helps me to read everyone's posts and see that I am not singled out in feeling this way.  I feel like I am trapped and cannot associate with anyone that has went through this.  I talk to my wife and she is sympathetic, but has no idea what is really going on in my thoughts.  

I want to keep you all posted for everyone that are scared to quit.  Just to say to people that I was off Suboxone finally boosted my mood and is my motivation.  I have heard running/walking once you start feeling the heeby jeebies (as I call them) is a big help, but it is dead winter here and no way my *** is going outside in 17 degree weather to go for a stroll.  

As for the debate on wanting to WD from Oxy's or Subs? I would pick Subs 10/10, that Oxy is bad news & bad withdrawing from, but then again to each his own and I knew it had tight rope around my neck.  

Any other remedies/tips tricks to help get my arms and hands to quit twitching at night is most appreciated.  I will check this post often.

Thank you all,

Miles
Hey hang in there!! I know this is a long train ride but you will notice slight differences each week. Thats about how long it takes me to notices changes anymore. I am on day 39 and the w/d are still there (creepy crawls (tingles), fatigue, insomnia, sweaty palms and armpits, hot flashes at night, cold chills and a little nausea here in there resulting in diarreah (diarrhea)). Reading all the posts help me realize that it will get better, it's just a really slow process. I mean we have to think that we have damaged our brains for years and it takes time for our receptors to return to normal. I was on the pills hard too and tried to quit twice and relapsed each time. When I was put on suboxone it changed my life. It was like I was normal again and now I have no desire to ever be on pills again and felt this way for a while. However, I didn't want to depend on medication to get through my day so I wanted off the subs. I heard this can last up to 70 days. I know everyone is different and me jumping off at a high dose maybe a big reason why I am not 100% yet. Sleeping patterns should return to normal at the two month mark. Can't wait to get there b/c it is annoying not being able to have a good night sleep. I know it will come with time. It does feel good to know someone else is in the same boat as me b/c most of the posts I have read are outdated. Congrats and be proud your fighting this now and forever.  
Forgot to mention the hydroxyzine pam meds I mentioned in an earlier post only really works for the anxiety. I was also prescribed Clonidine, which is a blood pressure medicine that is proven to help with opiate w/d. It really helps, if you can ask your doctor about it. It is non addicting and I still sometimes take it when I go to bed b/c it helps me get some sleep. I also take the vitamin B 12 ppl have talked about. I also take a mulitvitamin daily. Hot showers also help ease the w/d for a little bit. It is weird how that works but it does. It's like 7 degrees here so taking walks is out of the question, but I heard it helps. Motivation is low, I still have to push myself to do certain things. Can't wait for my energy to fully return, which it has gotten much better since the first few weeks. Anyways try my recommendations hopefully it will help. Be strong you will get through this.  
What dosage of subs did you quit cold turkey?  

Little things I keep noticing everyday are SLOWLY returning to normal.  Had a little hard time falling asleep last night, i think I was up until 4am but I was able to get 6 hours of rest in with little to no "fidgits" waking me up.  Sad thing about this is I hate doing everything I loved doing months ago.  I have no interest in absolutely none of my hobbies, I even hate the taste of Coca Cola! (l used to love Coke).  I went to a church service today with my family and it seemed to help take me to a place it seems has been years ago.  It's nice to actually feel like a person with feelings again and not just a drone that has a mission of scoring opiates and junk.  

I hated everyday of work last week, so I requested tomorrow off.  I am going to go ride snowmobiles and try to take my mind off of everything.  Showers/baths do work for me also on helping me to relax.  I went to Walgreens tonight and got some B-12 and also a multi-vitamin.  Also found a natural remedy tea that is supposed to help with sleep.  

As for when you asked your doctor to put you on hydroxyzine pam and the clonidine, did you request it or was he willing to put you on it?  Does the hydroxyzine pam make you tired?  Reason asking i get a lot of anxiety at my job and I don't want to take it if it is going to make me sleepy.  My anxiety is horrid right now, i'm afraid to roll out of bed, then when i do i hate being in the house and gets my anxiety rolling.  Then i get out the door and my anxiety wants me back in the house.  Sometimes I want to just give up, but I put myself into this mess, i'm going to get myself out of it.  

Congratulations to you to on day 39, reading these posts have been great to hear and makes me feel good that there are others out there going through the same sappy mess I am right now.  
I completely understand what you are going through didn't sleep well last night either. I have a hard time falling asleep and when I do I end up tossing and turning. The clonidine will help with sleep, it makes me really tired, however the doctor says it should only be used for a couple weeks. The hydroxyzine pam does NOT make me tired at all and I never feel cloudy. I was actually disappointed when the dr. told me it would help with sleep and it doesn't. It does help with the anxiety but that is all. The anxiety and depression really gets to me too but know it's temporary, it will eventually go away. My hands become shaky and my mind races and the lack of interest is crazy. So you may want to ask about it. I never mentioned anything to my dr. about giving me meds. I just explained my situation. He knows that I am an addict and took suboxone for a while (he wasn't the doctor who prescribed the subs.). I strictly told him I did not want a narcotic, nothing addicting. He really cares about the health of his patients, so that helps. The vitamin B12 is needed to synthesize hemoglobin, help manufacture healthy blood cells, and maintain the nervous system (says so on the bottle..lol). It kinda takes a while to build up in your system but I believe it helps.
It is also hard to deal with a relationship when your going through this process. They don't understand what we are going through and they think that it's them making you feel and act the way you do and it's not. It is really hard to cope, so hopefully your wife is being supportive b/c you need it.
I am at day 40 now. I jumped off at 12mg. (1 1/2 8mg. tabs a day). I did so b/c I had been on it for so long and my doctor barely tapered me after 2 yrs. I started out at 16mg (2 8mg tabs a day). I just had this overwhelming feeling to quit so I did and I had no idea of the duration of withdrawal. I guess you just gotta wait it out. Everyone is different but the reason I am still feeling like this is probably b/c I was on sub. for 2 1/2 yrs. then just jumped at a high dose. I know it can be very difficult, but I gradually see my energy coming back which is good cause I need to get back to work. I have heard this can last 70 days so I'm counting them down. If I can do this anyone can. Just keep strong, I know sometimes you get so annoyed with how your feeling but know it will get better. God Bless!!
This is an old forum, so I posted a question which starts a new forum. The title is suboxone withdrawal, hopefully to see you there. I was asked to do so by another member. They said more ppl can help there and give more specific information.  
My story is very long and protracted, but i hope it will help someone. I became a heroin addict in 2001 and used heavily until i got kidney cancer in 2005. Due to my medical condition and tolerance, I was taking between 400 - 650 mg oxycontin a day. Needless to say, that is an impossible detox. After 2 years recovery from my illness i got on suboxone, 2 8mg pills a day. I opted to taper myself quickly and was soon taking 1 mg a day after a few months. I decided to stop that time by using clonidine. that drug is amazing if you can get it prescribed. Withdrawals lasted about 6 weeks for me that time, but I had been on opiates for almost ten years. I did successfully get through it and was clean for 8 months. then i was tempted by a co worker a few times and it all started again. right now i am on day 9 from .2 mg suboxone day (i cut a strip down into 20 pieces). i do not feel too bad and i have some ativan and xanax to help it. these things are also very helpful. don't forget a hot shower and determination. it will get better soon and you can beat it. i promise.
It is good to see more people posting. This is an old thread so I created a new one under the title "Suboxone Withdrawal". Today is day 43 and the w/d are still there. They are mild but there. The things I am still experiencing are: sweaty palms and armpits (really annoying), insomnia, tingles, cold chills and hot flashes (come in go in waves), and a little fatigue. I feel about 85%, hopefully the rest will subside towards the two month mark. I have read that normal sleeping patterns return at two months so I am counting on that. It is crazy how long the process is, but I am getting there.

Before I was prescribed suboxone I was taking large doses of percocet a day (for around 3 years). I quit 2 different times, went through about 4 days of w/d and was back to normal. Once I felt better I relapsed. It seems that happens a lot, the temptations can get to you. I hate to hear of people out there that know you are trying to stay sober and still influence us with drugs. It would be hard to work with someone on drugs, a big part of recovery is to get away from all those negative people/connections, but what are you suppose to do when it's haunting you at your place of employment. It's just too hard to find another job, so I feel for you there.

I was also prescribed clonidine .1mg and vistiril 25mg(for anxiety). The clonidine really helped ease things up and I was able to get some sleep . After the worst part was over I just took it to sleep. I actually just quit taking it about 3 days ago. The anxiety meds help too. I have never had problems with anxiety, but it really hit going through all this. I would be shaky and have racing thoughts. I'm still taking the medication. I plan to take it until everything else disappears. The medicine doesn't make me tired or cloudy (I would just take one every 8 hours) but my family Dr. says it can have a sedating affect and advised me to take a few before bedtime so I can sleep. I toss and turn all night long and it gets really annoying. I haven't had a good nights sleep since I jumped off the subs. I am also taking a mulitvitamin and vitamin B12 daily. It takes a little while for the vitamin B12 to build up in your system but I believe it has really helped with my energy level.    

It seems you are strong minded about your recovery. You will get through it this time too.  
I commend you for doing what you're doing. You should be proud. It is nice to know people are going through the same thing, I don't feel so alone.

Good Luck and God Bless!
It is reassuring to here others stories.  Day 18 off the subs and I am slowly returning to what I call normal (haven't been "normal" for over 3 years).  Determined45 got me motivated to start the multi-vitamin and the b12 regimen and I can say it is helping with my energy levels.  I was so drained at work from the w/d i would just want to curl up on the floor and go to sleep.  I feel myself slowly getting better and better each day.  I asked my Dr. to put me on hydroxyzine pam and he had no problem doing it for my anxiety.   They however make me really tired so I only take 1 - 2 at bed time to help me with sleep which has been non-existent for almost a month.

I had a similar run-in last night with a friend who I used to use with.  We got rambling on about old stories and I had very strong feelings to use.  Probably need to just shut them out of my life completely if they are going to bring the past up.  I used to use all the time at my last place of employment with everyone there and the only way i was ever going to clean up was when I found a new job.  I have been clean for a little over a year now (with 1 minor relapse (1 is plenty, 1000 not enough) a few months in but it only made my determination to stay clean stronger.  I just wanted to share that my days are only getting better after the 2 week mark off subs.  I never ever ever thought i would live a clean life again and it has been made possible to this drug and the help of my Dr., my family and friends.  God bless everyone!
I am glad the medication you are taking is helping you. My Dr. said there really isn't anything out there to help you feel more comfortable when going through w/d, however there are a few (non narcotic) meds that can help . It is hard to find medication that is non addicting. The Hydroxyzine pam (generic for vistiril) really helps with my anxiety. It doesn't make me tired, but had a follow up appt. yesterday and my family Dr. told me to take a few more at night to make me tired. Guess I'll try that tonight. The vitamins do help, glad they are working for you as well.

I wish you the best of luck. I know this seems like it takes forever but it's definitely getting better and better, it just takes time. I am so proud of you for fighting through this process. I really believe it takes a strong person to beat this. Your at 18 day, wow, doesn't that make you feel so good. Look how far you come. Soon you will be at day 20, then 25, then a month and so on. You will be feeling GREAT and living a clean life.  

Keep it up and God Bless =)
I just wanted to say what a good job you are doing hanging in there and you are motivating me and many other people out there. I was really getting scared i am day 36 and i have no energy no motivation i was afraid I was never going to get better,but I know i will. We just have to keep going. Please update me as soon as you can I am a single mother of 3 kids i have lost a daughter due to this awful addiction. and it is so hard to take care of my small kids they think i'm useless i'm sure cause their so little. I want to make them proud and be a good mother so let me know how you are now you should be about day60 by now...wow. Thank you and God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've was taking 2 1/2 8mg suboxone per day for about 6 months, I went from that to one 8 then down to 4mg really pretty rapidly. Long story short I am on day 2 of w/d's from the subs and was wondering if anyone had some insight into how long I might have to suffer through the at least the bad parts of this.
I'm on day 8. i am going to try the b12 and already take multi-vitamin.  i also have the vistril  (hyrdoxzine). it's crazy that a pill can can do this to you.  i have partyed thru college and many restaurants.  This is the only drug that has taken over my life.  i hope it gets better before 70 days!  I'm in an intensive program with school and a long hour job.  Neithetr, which can take half *** work.  I just look back at the money and time that i spent on hydro/oxy.  I hope this is going to be the end of that! i feel for all  of you going thru this... its not easy
Sorry I have been on a leave of absence...... I found my guitar I was given as a child and have been playing it non-stop for the past month.  Today is day 80 off Suboxone and I feel great!  It took me about a month to start feeling like everything was normal again, but the sub withdrawal effect is nothing like the opiate effect.  I hope all of you who have read this thread know each day gets easier than the next.  I often times critisized how weak people were for looking at life 1 day, 1 hour, 1 minute at a time but now I know from first hand experience how important this is to know and put into practice.  There were many temptations (old friends) that made me grit my teeth not to go visit but constantly reinforce yourself that you do not want to go back down that path and start this journey all over again.
As for the anxiety / sleep aid (hydroxyzine pam) i got a script for this and made me really sleepy so it was nice to finally get a few hours of zzzz's (Plus i love it's non-addictive).  

I am going to make it on here and check posts a couple times a day so if anyone wants help, shoot me a message and I will be glad to give you encouragement and answer any questions you may have.  Keep strong people, find a new hobby or rediscover an old one that will help you concentrate on not thinking how horrible the world is right now.  I am facing a lot of repurcussions right now from being a full blown addict for almost two years now and still every day keeps getting better than the next.   And remember, you are doing a great job..... most people with this "hobby" we share either die or go to prison..... let's live life to our fullest potential and help others with our success stories.  Remember, reply to post or shoot me a message if you want to go that route.

Thanks everyone for your support...... Miles
Hey Gijay,

How horrible are your withdrawal symptoms?  That's a pretty steep jump down from 2 1/2 8's down to 4mg....... i had to taper from 4mg down to 2mg (which i noticed a difference) and then from 2mg to 1mg then 1mg every other day for a couple of days then i stopped.  I hope you are still holding strong, let me know your progress.
keep up the good work dude, yes it gets better before day 70.  I coudn't honestly remember a time I was happy before I was introduced to opiates.... the way they made me felt, etc.   But now I am free of that poison and I can honestly say not bullshitting you that I look forward to waking up in the mornings and go about my daily routines.  I feel selfish that i have not checked this board for a while, i found a new hobby (guitar) well an old hobby and love how it takes my mind off drugs and the ****** life I was heading into.  I have been weak on a possible relapse (tempting friends) so I didn't want to come here and remind myself what I was working on.  I am past the relapse thoughts and want to thank you all for your insight and how much stronger it does make me in my ability to resist temptations.  I sometimes like to think I am the only person in the world that has these problems (well at least in my family)  but you all understand how much of a bi-otch what we have been through is.  We are strong-minded people, eager to change our ways for the better and I apologize I have not been here to encourage everyone and congratulate them on their success.  Keep up the good work all, and stuff happens so if something has got you down, let's figure out a way to make ourselves stronger from it.
Hey guys! I was addicted to painkillers for 2 years. I started taking Norco and vicoprofen, and quickly moved onto oxy within 3 months. After about a year I found myself looking into the mirror at someone I couldn't even recognize. I had become my own worst nightmare and had no idea how to get out. I had just found out 16 months into my addiction that my wife was pregnant and that scared me even more. I tried to quit cold turkey a couple of times, but it was way to intense. I didn't know what to do by this time because I didn't want to lose my wife and kid. Finally, it took my best friend of 18 years to lose his six figure job, wife and kids, and land himself in jail. Even after detoxing and then getting on heroin. There was no way this was going to happen to me, so I broke down and told my wife everything, and I mean everything. She deserved it after what I had done. Bottom line is guys, if you truly want sobriety, you can have it. It's not anywhere close to easy, but trust me when I say," It's totally worth it". I did use suboxone after the fact from my doc., and yes it did help me manage my life a little better, but it does suck going through the withdraw again, and you will if you take it. I used it for 13 months  and tapered down to 2mg daily. I had a surgery and stopped the suboxone for the narcs they had to give me. I stopped taking anything after a week and started to withdraw from the liquid hydro they gave me, but its been two days and I am starting to feel better already. I take vitamin B12, multi vitamin, and prilosec for my stomach. Then I make sure I eat. That's very important to guys. Anyways, my wife decided to stay with me because she knew I wasn't a bad guy, but I still know I haven't made it up to her fully. Maybe in this lifetime, eh? ;) Keep it up guys, and one day ata time!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. "Amen"
imgettingthere

Thanks for your posts, I am on day 57 and it seems like yes things are getting alot better but since I work all day by the end of the day all I wanna do is lay around no energy, unfortunately I haven't taken any vitamins or B12 I plan to go to the store and get some now though. I am taking a trip in two weeks and hope I can be normal and have the energy to hang out with friends and visit with friends for the weekend without running low on energy. I do drink energy drinks and coffee but I also know they are not good for you so, I am hoping that before day 70 or 80, I can be 100%. Because for the most part and most days I am OK and everything is OK but today I am just having a tired, depressing day maybe I needed to get out of the house but I have no motivation to do that. I know everyone's body is different and we all recover differently. But gee I am ready to have my life back. I don't want to discourage anyone, because in a old post I was all positive and happy which I am to date, but I am just having an off day any thoughts?
I've been off and on subox for about 5 years now (not recommended). A little over a year ago my opiate addiction was at it's worst. I was desperate to find a way out and was lucky enough to get into the UCLA suboxone study (recommended). I just knew i was done hurting myself. After one or two slips, i'm now happy to say i have a year off of heroin. The down side being that i still need to get off the suboxone. But really, not that big a deal in comparison. Subox is way easier to ween then any hard opiate. I feel like most of the people on this form are need to realize how much the mental plays a role. Don't get me wrong, it ain't all sunshine and rainbows. i still hate life most days but i can function and be happy when i least expect it and that happens more and more often. I'm currently doing the 1 milligrams every other day and down to two 8 milligram tablets. i'm not worried though and if you can ween like me and you really want to stop, you shouldn't be either. I think i'd be dead by now if i hadn't started taking subox. and the withdrawals are NOTHING compared to methadone. Good luck to you all my dizzy dreamers.
Can I ask why not just deal with oxy wd instead of going on sub if sub wd is just ad bad? If you will have wd either way why not just deal with it? I only ask because I don't know. Sub wd is worse because the half life is so long. Takes longer to leave the body

Damn these pills are the devil
The reason I chose to go another route other than cold turkey is because I was not mentally ready to deal with Wd's. Taking Suboxone gave me  time to get mentally prepared without having to deal with both the physical and mental pain Wd's puts on a person. I tried to go cold turkey and failed every single time. Started Suboxone in Feb 10 and it was the BEST decision I could have made. I heard all the horror stories about how bad it was gonna be to get off it, but I was ready to deal with it.  It gave me my life back and during the 8 months I was on it I  could concentrate more on healing mentally and not have to worry about being sick. I am 218 days clean and let me tell you not everybody has horrible Wd's from Suboxone. In the late evening of day 5 I started having mild anxiety and restless legs, but by day 6 both was gone and other than not having any energy and making a few trips to the bathroom, I felt fine. I still don't have any energy but I will gladly take that over being the person I was for 13 years of my life.  For those like me who can't handle cold turkey Suboxone could be their only chance at getting clean.
Just joined and have been reading some posts and decided to add my two cents. I've only been off sub for 2 weeks after having been through outpatient detox for 5 months. Ended up 1mg a day before stopping. Before that I was addicted to Oxy's for 2 1/2 years.

I haven't seen much on here about exercise and protein intake, but, I read a couple of different resources (which i should've book marked) that discuss what the opiates do and it's become clear to me in just two weeks that when I do what you all have been prescribing (Hydration, Multi vitamins etc..) along with protein supplements and forced walking and running (endorphine production) it has greatly helped my head and my body. I'm still fatigued during the day and not nearly at 100% but, since I started exercising I've noticed a radical acceleration of my symptoms subsiding. Because the opiates alter protein receptors in your brain (opiod receptors), which act on naturally and internally created opiates (endorphines) the more you produce endorphines, the more you stimulate the recovery of those receptors (from what i've read) that act on natural opiate stimulus vs the drug, and this is done through excitement (exercise, sex, even laughter and great conversation).

To be sure, I wasn't able to run and as a matter of fact I forced myself to walk, but, once I was able to get my heart rate up (even for a few minutes) I felt the difference. My first exercise was walking like an old man, but, i forced myself to do it and that was last week when I still was suffering from more severe symptoms.

Again I'm only two weeks in, but, if what I'm asserting here is correct, and it should be based on what i've read, this may offer you all some encouragement that there is definitely path to accelerate your recovery that is grounded in the bio chemistry of the addiction.

good luck all.

Sure glad I found this web site. Thank you all for your contributions. The last comment posted May 13th sounds very helpful. I was on sub for way, way too long. The doctor that prescribed it is a "addiction specialist". He  was anything but. I was withdrawing from Ultram (longer withdrawal than opiates) and the sub worked quickly, but the cornball left me on it way too long and was way ambiguous about how to taper off. I was down to just a fraction of a mg. every other day, then finally went off. It's been a little over a week now...have barely slept a wink. it really ***** (as you know). i have a very supportive doctor, he as prescribed a couple meds that are helping with the sleeplessness ( a little) and the restlessness. But I do believe the exercise thing sounds like probably the best way to get the brain receptors back to normal. I sure hope I can get a little sleep tonight. Fortunately I'm a teacher so I don't have to go to work until the fall. My heart goes out to all of you, hang in there. I'm sure our brain knows it's way back to normal. Good luck!
I had been on 8mg. Sub (twice a day- total 16mg.) for about 6 months. Everything was fine, but because I'm an addict, I would let myself take half of what I need for a day or two, then take 3-8mg. sub at once. First I was addicted to Oxycontin (80mg twice daily) and 30 mlg. of Oxycodone (12 times a day). I was going to a "pain specialist" for about 5 years (but addicted for 5 more). One day I "woke-up" and went to the Dr. and said "I want off this! NOW!"
So he gave me a prescription for that Sub (8mg twice a day) for six months..He told me that I would be on that "for the rest of my life." And that "I needed to stay on pain meds. I don't know why you have this attitude all of a sudden" Pshhh@!!! Yea. Right buddy. What a crooked Doc! It's my fault though- I looked for him!!
I started to feel better at the beginning but once I traded my opiate addiction for a Sub addiction it started to REALLY suck. I couldn't afford the price for Suboxone anymore and knew I was running out, so (thank GOD) I tapperd myself off for about 5 days......The verdict? WORSE THAN IF I WERE TO QUIT COLD TURKEY OFF OF PAIN MEDS!! After about 24 hours I started feeling SO much anxiety (almost like I needed to find an answer to something I didn't know or else I would die), heart rate starting to race "God, my heart feels like a lab-rat!" Then I couldn't take it..I'm out on the couch "trying" to watch T.V. but then the sweats, cold chills are coming.....I grab my blanket off the couch =, then 30 seconds later "****, I'm SO HOT!" After sweating, and almost going into convulsions (I had my eyes closed, but I was shaking- my head was twitching and my legs were "kicking" "I CANNOT GET CONFORTABLE!!" So I got some Nyquil. Took a full dose with a Klonopin. I fell asleep for about 1 hour. As soon as I woke up- BOOM diarreah (diarrhea) BAD. This was the first day of completly being off of Suboxone...These exact symptoms lasted about 3-5 days.. Then other symptoms started to go away slowly..
After having hemmroids from diarreah (diarrhea) so bad for a few weeks now, I decided to take some anti-diarreah (which I STRONGLY recommend after you have gone a few times (maybe day 2). You will still go- but not in your pants!
It has now been about 25 days and these are my symtoms (symptoms);
LEG PAIN SO BAD 24 hours a day. My legs either feel like thier in vise-grips or it's shooting pain down both my legs at the same time. And it HURTS. Any ideas?
I am very lethargic. I can't get up. I'm so tired and don't have ANY energy. I think I'm also very depressed. Last and certantly not least- I'm sneezing/yawning all the time (I yawned when I just wrote that word lol!!) and my eyes are tearing (mostly out of my right eye). I would still have diarreah (diarrhea) if not for the anti-diarreah. Remember to take that- you can get dehydrated very easily and diarreah (diarrhea) is the number 1 (yes, it's true- look it up) reason how people die. More than AIDS, cancer, all that..
GOD....This sux SO bad and I feel like an aweful husband (I'm 30). I have so many things I have to do- but can't. My wife wants to go out- but I CAN'T....I'm depressed because I can't do any of these things, and I hate myself for not being healthy already. All of these drugs messed me up so bad. I'm a master's student, raised well, but I got bit. I wish you all luck. I don't know how this can help anyone (me writing this), I'm just basically writing my feelings down real quick. Maybe if it doesn't help someone else, it will help me in some wierd fashion. I just feel so rotton and it's 25 DAYS now! And I have to work tomorrow and school starts back up in a few more weeks :(  
Day 5 and I still feel like crap.
Thank god I work from home but I am moving out of state with my girlfriend in 4 weeks so hopefully I can do it still.
Please DONT TAKE SUBOXONE!
Your bettter off going through w/d's of whatever your on than taken the worst drug ever...suboxone.
You might take it and say "Wow, I dont get withdrawls and it gives me a little buzz"!
But just remember you said that when you go through withdrawls.
I got food posoining and I was taking vics for 3 bad discs in my neck from a seizure I had so went on subs for relief cause my stomach was just torn apart from the food poisoning and the vics.
PLEASE DONT TAKE SUBOXONE EVER AND GOD BLESS THOSE GOING THROUGH SUBOXONE W/Ds!

ps. I would love to see the makers of suboxone and make them take it for 6 months and see how they like the w'ds. Would make for a good social experiment. Maybe I will kidnap a few...LOL
Hi People,
I have been on Suboxone for about a year.  I took myself off of it once, at a six months, replasred, and put myself on it again.  I weened myself down to about .5mg and have been off for about two weeks.  However, as soon as I jumped off I went on a week binge of relapsing with opiates because I was scared of withdrawal. I thought I would have been able to slowly use the opiates to help with the withdrawal very slowly.. Yeah right...  I messed things up really bad during this week and decided to stop messing around.  It's been about a week for me  from everything, and two weeks off of suboxone.  Let me tell you I do not feel very well. I can't put anything in my system as far as medication because I just get wonkie.  If I take a benzo I'll just want more.  If I take suboxone I'll just be a zombie.  

Basically I want to know what other people found that helped and things that I can do to feel better.  I am not sleeping.  I lost my job, which was actually a good thing, and now I'm basically living with my girl friend who is completely clean from everything and helping me very much.  I want to make good decisions but it's so hard for me to do anything.  My body hurts extremely bad.  I really don't know what to do.  I'm anxious, cant sit still, but can't really move that much either.   It's difficult for me to even do the dishes.  However, for some reason I went to a friends gathering last night and I felt good.  I don't know why.  I was doing fine until I got home.  I have been pushing myself to eat and get exercise.  I will get through this but I feel like crap.  Please help.. I need some good advice and someone who has gone through this.    

I am taking Ltyrosine in the morning, Vitamin B6, Ibuprofen every 4 hours.  I'm pretty depressed, my legs wont stop moving, and I know I will get through this but its just so darn hard. The hard part for me is that I don't know anyone going through what I am.  Everyone around me is sober.  When I go to NA people don't understand because no one has taken Suboxone.  I don't know what to do.

I will post on here and let people know how I am doing.  
Bro,be thankful u gotta woman like that in your corner. Today is day 8 for me without subs. I'm 29,married,two great sons,and a little girl here soon. I grew up in aa,my old man being in recovery for twenty+ years. I knew what I was getting into,yet I used anyway. Had my first drunk @14. After that I was screwed. Wanted to so be accepted by the jocks and hot girls. Looking back,man was I dumb! I grew up in brentwood "the rich part of town." when u got money u can usually acquire the best. my friends parents owned a pharm. We would rob it blind when we would"help"around the store.that ended when they got a surveillence system. By the time I was 16 I was well into my disease. Fast forward 8 years,lotta bad stuff Disease related. Got help and tried to get clean.....kinda.I quit drinking but    couldn't stop abusing opiates    and barbiturates. I could "hide" it.    Hahaha!!!!!! pill head logic.the past 5 years has caught up a week ago. I   got on subs 5 months ago, I did 8 mg a day.      for a week then went to.  4mg aday for the past 4months and half months. Just thought subs were.       non narcotic and quoting would be easy. It's been hell for me. I've been out for 7 days. I went back to work today. I do construction, it whooped me. I have not been able to work out or do any fitness. Had I not been in such good shape"physically" I decided in April when we found out my wife is having girl to ween off and get in shape. I was already taking a nice multivitamin and a drink called greens first. This has really helped me bounce back. The chills r gone so the shower doesn't help me. I went to my chiropractor today. Damn it felt good. Im still to weak to do a lotta pull ups,pushups,abs,or jumprope. I'm going to see my doc tomorrow. Probally should have seen him first. Had no clue 8 days ago that it would be this bad.sleep is not there. Sleep an hour up an hour it *****. I took a dump, a real one today for the first time in 8 days. Laugh bro. Laughter produces dopamine naturally which we need lots of. Thankful for my kids to make me laugh and a heavy arsenal of movies and comedy acts. Get to some aa or na meetings once the withdrawals allow u to be in public. Mine were he'll and I didn't go out till today. Woke up and felt life or something I haven't felt in a looooong time bro. My friend ended his life on Easter. The fight was to tall for him. Either u want it or u don't. He's the second one I've lost from this ****. The mental anguish is crippling, be prepared. If u have the tools and arsenal u can do anything. This makes some mad. To each his own. I own a volcano digit and only put the best in it. Not gonna lie it's been a great tool to have in my arsenal. In my eyes there is no wrong its a plant. For a different forum. It's helped me get thru this extremely tough time. I don't know u but I'm here for u and u got a friend in me.
I took 8mg of Subs for 1 1/2 years. I recently (11 days ago now) went basically cold turkey off 8mg and I am wondering if I should scrap the 11 days and taper or keep going. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience like this?
I can see that many of you are looking for some real definitive answers as to what to expect with the withdrawal process of subutex.  The absolute truth is that any way you cut it....whether you wean off from a few years of a high mg dose ( over 20 mg's) or even the 1mg folks out there: within 24 hours of your last jump off dose you are going to go through some real stuff...physically, emotionally, spiritually.  This withdrawal process takes about 30 days....most people don't want to hear this, or accept this, but this is the truth...and any remedies to speed this up or soften the blow isn't going to do much.  The first 4 days you will be on the floor.  You will feel all of your nerves stinging with a pain that will leave you speechless. You will be submerged into a deep despair and defeat that most people would not be able to go through. Every minute during these first 5 days is total defeat. Cold sweats.  You will have fatigue to the point where you will feel like Sumo wrestlers are sitting on every inch of your body.  It will feel like every action you do you are pushing through thick mud. But the most frightening part of these first few days is the depression.  If you think you have an idea of how low you think you're going to go, be prepared, because you will plummet into a darkness that is so scary, you will lose all hope, and pretty much the only thing you can do is pray.   I highly doubt one could even go to a job.  A struggle like no other.  There is no rest, you will be in so much pain that your only concern through this torture will be to move your wilted body into a more comfortable position for some relief...but you will never find that position because there is no way to get out of the pain.  If you can make it through those first 4 days, then you have a chance to make this change.  DON'T GIVE UP. Do NOT. Day 5 won't be much different, but that initial shock of agony to the body will start to taper off> What I mean is that...when you're high, you always think it won't be that bad.... and when you actually get there on the first 1-4 days, the realness of the withdrawal confronts you in a way that just levels you completely. And that's real.  You will not sleep at all and you will feel every hour through the nights, a very lonely and torturous process...wake up with so much body pain after tossing and turning and hurting so deeply physically and mentally all the nights.  It's torture.  I can NOT stress how difficult the first 5 days of this withdrawals is.  Day 6-12 is better...and by better I by no means want you to think you actually feel ok. I just mean you will be able to get up for the first time....not that you will be able to actually go anywhere, but you will be able to move because the shock of what is happening to you is now learned.  Most people around day 7 will think it''s almost over.... THIS IS WHEN YOU REALIZE how F'd you really are.  Most folks associate withdrawal with a likeness to Heroin withdrawal which is hard, but subsides after day 7.....on no folks...you are in for it. In a very sobering way....This is the point when only the strong will survive and get sober..  You have to really want to be sober to make it through the next 2 weeks....meaning week 2 and 3. You will start having Central Nervous System pain....Subutex binds to the receptors you normally have in your brain...but the more subutex you keep putting in your brain, it actually EXTRACTS more receptors to come out and beings to multiply the amount of receptors you have...this is so dangerous and is the cause of the deepest depression you face when coming off.  Subutex stores itself in your fat, your bones and Central Nervous System....can you imagine this stuff straining itself out of your body system?  OUCH.  Week 2 is a long, sad, hard painful journey of pain and total fatigue....you will think that it will never end, that you did so much serious damage to yourself that you will never be up and balanced and normal with energy again... do not believe these lies...this is just all of those now extracted receptors that are now so abundant in number without any subtext to bind to them..... instead of feeling that high and safety and comfort, you are feeling the low of all lows.  HOLD ON.  DO NOT GIVE UP.  IT WILL GET BETTER....  IT is around day 15 that you will start to experience some change.  It won't be easy, but you will have bouts of time where you have little pain...the fatigue doesn't budge at all, but you will get some hours of sleep and then hurt again.... day 15-23 you will barely be able to do much, total fatigue, off and on Central Nervous System pain, but some relief and hope starts to creep in....Tylenol PM will actually start giving you 4-5 hours of relief.  The depression is still there in a very real way, you will still feel so heavy and sad, that you will think you are going insane....JUST HOLD ON..... around day 26 some strength will begin to emerge, you will start feeling kind of proud of yourself....in fact, you will see that you WERE almost in another world....and you can now distinguish the different state of mind you were in....THIS IS PROGRESS.    To anyone who wants the truth about Subutex....Herion is a street drug that the government does not regulate....along with other drugs....they created Subutex and Suboxin to take that street business out of the hands of street dealers and put it in their own hands.  This drug is so powerful and cunning.  I can't believe our own government is doing this to people.  When I hear of people using sub to come of Heroin of other opiates I am so scared for them.... don't be fooled.... this is straight up a 30 day withdrawal....and then another month to re-group and level out.  YOU WILL suffer for the 30 days....you have to accept it and just do it...because it truly is worth it....when you come out on the other side, you actually see that you feel exactly the way you did when you were taking this stuff, you will be happy and free and strong, and you will be so happy you did it.......Don't give up...YOU CAN do this....it takes a long time and it moves at a snails pace.  It's not like every day you will feel better and better...not at all....it's just not like that...you will feel so bad every day, day after day from day 7-21....and THEN you will notice some improvement......   Day 26.... By now you would think that you are finished with the withdrawal.... but you are not.  CONSTANT YAWNING, WATERY eyes- and this is constant.  You will have a fatigue that will be pretty intense...only NOW you will have the "oomph" to get up and do some things, but not because it's easy, but because you have to...you will be PUSHING through the heaviness.  Diarreah (diarrhea) will still be going strong and you basically will think you are going crazy because you will  think you should feel normal.  It is around this point that the depression can really lead you to believe that you will never have energy again...but DO NOT BELIEVE THESE LIES.  YOU must push through.  This withdrawal process absolutely requires a FULL 30 days before you are even able to really know that you will be better.  Then, you will start to feel strong again.  I would say that the withdrawal process is truly 60 days.  I am so angry with the Pharmacudical companies and really want to bring a class action lawsuit against them.  They basically put the street drug business right in their own hands by manufacturing a drug that is more powerful and deadly up to 40 times stronger and more addictive than HERION.  Subutex/Suboxin is a synthetic Herion people.    Getting on Sub to kick Herion is like using crack to get of marijuana.  Herroinn withdrawal is a much smarter option to withdraw off of people.  It won't be pretty, but at least you will be fully withdrawn after 7-8 days.  On Suboxin or Subutex, you are seriously going to suffer...for a long time.  But it absolutely is worth it, it totally is.....  good luck.
HELP! I was taking perc/roxis for a year onand off but more on. I then went to 50mg of morphine a day so i wouldnt get sick until i found subs.  I did all of this of course without a doctor --no insurance-- I took 8mg of subs for 9 days and then stopped ( I ran out) and figured my brain was "rewired"  well now I am in the weirdest withdrawl (withdrawal).  I had the flu symptoms for two days and now I just feel anxious, restless, butterflies and overall jsut weird--can't focus ect I have never felt like this before and am committed to run the course--anyone know how I can get some relief?  And how long will it last?  
My wife is now off of Suboxone. It has been a week and her withdrawals are not as bad as they were when she tapered down too quickly.

She was taking about 15-20 Vicodine a day and her Doc had her on 8mg of Sub. She has slowly gone down month after month and was at a point where she was taking .5 mg a day. The withdraws were killing her and her doctor started giving her the .5mg Suboxone films. It allowed her to cut the film evenly when she taper down her dose. She found that when she was trying to break her pills into quarters that some were larger than others and it was no doing her any good.

She is dealing with the diarrhea, runny nose, and insomnia right now. I can tell you this. Getting off of the film appears to be much better for her then when she tried with the pills. She just wants to know when # 2 is going to stop. I have faith in her and let her know she is doing great every day.

Vicodine almost killed our marriage after 10 years. Suboxone and some therapy helped to mend it back.
Do those of you who detoxed remember having trouble breathing when you came off? I feel like I can't take big enough breaths.. my heart & lungs feel squished & my anxiety is so high that I am lashing out at everyone around me! I hate this!!!

I was on heroin for a year, then at a methadone clinic for 2 years, now I've been on Suboxone for 2 years. I'm so done with padding the pharmicutical companies pockets. There are ways to use meds that aren't opiates to get off! But then they wouldn't get our/our insurances cash on a monthly basis. I just want to be clean! I started at 16 mg/day... Which I took 1 day, then took a half a pill (4mgs) 2x/day. I'm now on strips & have worked my way down to a 16th of an 8mg strip a day, so just about .5 mgs. It was taking it every day & just read to possibly take it every couple/few days when coming off.... So I may need to try that.

Did anyone use any non opiate med that really helped them? I'm so scared.... Grrr
Yes, the trouble breathing or feeling of pressure on your chest/lungs happened to me as well.  I was on 360-400MG's Oxy per day when I switched to Subutex.  The feeling of not be able to breath subsided after the anxiety went away, which took almost 3 months.  I started on an 8mg pill and went to 1mg within 3 months.  I was on 1mg (or less.  hard to measure these pills broken up) for 3 months after that.  I have been unsuccessful at tapering down past slivers of Subutex at nite. If I take nothing, I go into withdrawals by 9pm and don't sleep all night.  I can't handle the restless legs that continue nightly unless I take a tiny bit of sub.  I am thinking about just taking a norco at nite to sleep for the next month.  I can't do this 30 day withdrawal of this crap.  I have a job and a family requiring my support.  
I've been on subuxone for three years now, because of high dose opiate abuse. Thought it was the greatest thing in the world, that is untill I started to taper and then stop. I have in the past stoped opiates deit with Wds for 4, 5 days and was done. With sub I am on day 8 of feeling awful,VERY VERY AWFUL. If I would have read these real live posts instead of Pharmasuticdal propoganda Iwould have been much better off. My advice: LOck your self in a room for a few days and be done with it.  It's to late for me now but I would rather suffer alot for a little time than have this crape drawn out for maybe months
You have no idea how much you have helped me!  I AM NOT GIVING UP!  F--K, if I have to give up my job, I will!  YOU GAVE ME SO MUCH HOPE!!!!!  I know it's gonna be a struggle.  I AM A STONG PERSON!  I prepared a little before my detox.  I am on day 5!  Lovely day!  LOL!  I TRY TO STAY POSITIVE!  It makes it so much better.  The worst part for me is, night time.  Holy smollies!  It's like HELL!  But, then I tell myself, "This what you HAVE to go through".  "Hold on!".  

I also force myself outside for a walk, actually, I walked 3 miles and did 15 minutes of an exercise video.  It made me feel so much better.  Exercise is so important!  It helps get my metabolism going and get the **** out of my fat cells and where ever else they are hiding.  It is tough.  This is going to sound corny, but I look in a mirror when I am doing my exercise video and look at my face and tell myself, don't give into this demon!

I actually wasn't subscribed this med and so, I can't join a class action suite!  If I was prescribe, I WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE IN LINE!  

IT IS ******* UNBELIEVABLE!  MONEY IS THE ******* ROOT OF ALL EVIL!  NO WONDER, ONLY CERTAIN DOCTORS PRESCIBE THIS ****!  I AM SURE THEY GET A NICE CHUNK OF CHANGE!  

I FEEL KINDA BAD SAYING THIS, BUT I HOPE THEY CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT FOR DO THIS TO PEOPLE!!!

THE **** IS GOING TO HIT THE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comfort, So you know---this post is 3 years old and the members you are talking with are no longer active. It would be a good idea to start your own post if you have a question or you can comment on one of the posts you have active.

Hang in there and don't give up!!!
Hi I'm I quit cold turkey and I was taking 4 MLG of suboxone and today is day 4 and kicking my ***....My question is what are the worst days and when can I expect to feel better???? Thank you
Today is day 29 for me off of suboxne. I quit this on my own because suboxne changed me as a person. Lost alot of freinds and a relationship. This has been one of the harderst things I have ever done in my life. I still feel tired, insomia, and leg cramps. nothing like day 3-17. I missed work, I also am in college and has hurt my grades this quarter. I am a single mom and need to work and pay the bills. But one Great outcome I made it this far. I am starting to feel better about myself and the old me is coming back that hasnt been here in8 years from alot of pain pills and then suboxne 2 yrs.I jumped at 4 mg and it waspure h...! Nobody knowing whats going on and feeling alone with the depression doesnt help. take vitamens, tyrosine has helped. These post has got me through this rough month.The suboxne gave me the energy to work two jobs, go to school and raise my children. Now I am falling behind on all this except my children but I am 29 days off suboxne AND STARTING TO COME AROUND. hopefully soon I will be back to me. To all thats reading it does get better, doing alone I donot suggest. I hope one day I wil be over this nightmare and move on with my life. Im 45 and starting over is hard. Goodluck everyone. If I can do this you can!
refusingbondage is one of the greatest people i have found here... she had a tough time but she pull through all... read her posts, i am sure you will find a lot of good advices and they will keep you going :)
Take an upper like one of those legal highs or speed.  Then you'll see withdrawal is quite similar and your not really withdrawaling but just feeling your own body again.  Similar feelings on uppers and there is always the nasty come up feeling you get on ecstasy that is almost the same as nasty come withdrawal from opiates!  
I'm on day 7 of being off my suboxone and the worst has certainly passed.
I'm on day three of no sub. I don't see a doc so I don't know the correct procedures of stopping. I'm currently taking a multi vit and will get b12 as well. Reading ur comments brings tears to my eyes bc how we relate. I feel down, fatigue, loss of energy and interest, but I know this will pay off where ill be high on life again. Wishing succes to u all and thank u.
i'm with you! i take a tiny chunk off the strip. an 8mg strip lasts me 2 weeks or longer but i'm almost done with the last one. AHHHHH!!!!
Once you make up your mind to quite come up with a taper plan. Here's what I did:

2mg.day three days, 1.5 three days, 1.0 three days, .75 three days, .5 three days, .25 a week. Done.

No major w/d's.

I'm not saying it works for everyone, but the key for me is exercise. Physically this plan worked for me. Drinking is a no no. I came very close to calling my dealer ever day after I drank. But fortunately I'm good. I have screwed up many times but right now I feel great and I'm proud of myself. I hope it holds. I called my dad and talked to him after many years. I have that loving feeling. I'm working on my music mixes. Food tastes better. I'm reading again. It's so good to be free of this pathetic ****.
I have been on Suboxone for 6 years ! I take my 1 2mg strip in the morning. Well the Dr. Couldn't see me till this evening. Just in that short period of time of not having it, was horrible. I font know how I will ever get off this **** ! I was taking 30 10's a day. Sure I only take one strip now, but how long ? I don't have enough vacation days to take off for this chilly sweat fest. I could go on forever, but I can't type anymore. Thank's, Bill..38
I know that you wrote this long ago, however, I just found it and I can't tell you how much your words helped me.  I'm in week 3 of wd froms Subs.  I was down to almost nothing and as you said it makes no difference.  

I just want you to know that if you ever do decide to bring a class action lawsuit I'm with you.

D
Bill,
I'm in my third week of sub withdrawls.  My recommendation is to get off this crap as son as possible. I was on for 2 years and had myself down to 1 mg or less for a while then stopped.  I probably should have tapered further, but had not choice.   Taper down to as small as you can and then I'd recommend starting to pump your body up with vitamins before you even start the process- there are a few good posts about what works. Also if you  go online and search for "Thomas' Recipe for Suboxone withdrawls", he has some good advice.  I think the vitaming advice is the best.  Also tons of Gatorade helped me.   It will be bad no matter, however, I only missed a few days of work.  I teach and its hard work.  I also luckily got sick with a cold at the same time.  So had an excuse for staying home. If you still have a relationship with your sub doc, then insist he taper you the right way. There is a right way and not all docs follow that.  That is why I am in agreement with the post earlier on this site about the guy who wants to pursue a class action lawsuit.  It is a nasty insidious drug and too many docs don't presribe correctly.  When I saw my insurance bill and saw how much my doc charges for each month's visit, I now know why he had no intention of taking me off for a very long time.  Hope this helps.  I am on my way to the healthfood store to get some recommended vitamins:  B6 and L-tyrosine. Its supposed to help a lot.  
I know your post was a long time ago. But what did you do. Im on day 8 off of subs. cold turkey from 12mg a day. Thats me. Drinking smoking and other evils all cold turkey at different times. Just wondering. Jay
Stick with it js, I have been clean 11 months after coming off subs. its not an easy detox. how long were you on them?
I'm going thru the EXACT same thing. I was almost 3 weeks in and it was just GOD AWFUL. My boyfriend has no idea what to do with me and is also getting annoyed because "i've seen you do this before", but I really am doing it this time with little support. My family could never sympathize or help if I told them. It's nice but kinda sad that we can only talk to people on here because they get it. Sometimes you NEED the people around you to just smile and say "you're gonna be ******* great! We are so proud you are getting clean". I think it's funny you're nervous about takin the vitamins, I'm the same way. Everything someone gives me I look up online before I put it in my body....haha and I used to do bags of dirty dope...I love oxys too, who doesn't? I don't know if it's possible for you but my friends gave me zanax and a drug called neurontin(gabapentin) helps calm the nerves, that really really helped. I don't have a problem with benzos. I could care less about benzos, I'm an opiate girl. Oxys, methadone, suboxone, morphine, heroin, what you got? So I do truly understand what you are goin thru. When the hell is this w/d gonna end? I WANNA GO TO BED ALREADY!!! This is my 3rd week. Atleast w/d from morphine and even heroin was only a week. A freaking horrible, HORRIBLE week but atleast is ****** ended. I don't understand suboxone w/d, I really don't. I'd be alot happier if I knew when it would end. I think it's really sick that they dish out methadone and suboxne legally. My methadone w/d was at minimum 10,000 times worse than heroin w/d. And they dish it out like candy at those nasty clinics. Money, money, money right? But anyway,hang in there hun....you're gonna make it.  :)
Hi all.  Today is day 34 for me completely clean.  I was born with a deformity in my knees in which I have a flat trochlea.  Because of this, I have had frequent dislocations since i was 7 years old and developed arthritis in one knee, chondromalacia in the other, my muscles work improperly to compensate for this malformation, and I have extensive damage to my femur on both sides.  I have had 2 surgeries on my right knee which is still not corrected and never made it to my left.  When i had surgery the first time in 2009, I began taking percs.  Because I have legit pain, I was subsequently referred to pain management in which I became a legal addict.  Over the last 3 years I lived only to get to my drug dealing doctors, pain management, primary care, Ortho, and numerous pharmacies.  My mother whom also takes pain meds began locking her meds in a safe after she frequently found her pills missing.  Im sure you can figure out why.  I always made excuses for my habit because I have a solid diagnosis.  The word addict frightens me even now because my bf of 6 years developed a very serious addiction to crack.  I never did the desperate things he did, I would tell myself, so Im not an addict!  It is so easy to hide from that word, addiction, when you have a prescription for every pill, and a doctor giving them to you.  So, I was in serious denial, until it all blew up in my face.  I had a surprise urinalysis in which I had an insane amount of percs in my system.  My doctor called all of my other doctors who stopped prescribing me pills abruptly.  That was the first time I realized I had a problem.  I was offered no methadone, subs, nothing.  Just an abrupt stop.  I cried in pain until my Mom brought me some pills.  But, it wasnt my knee pain, I realized I was in serious withdrawal.  A friend of mine has been on subs for a long time in which he offered to give me some each month.  He assured me they were safe and the way to go.  Initially, I took 24 mgs before I felt better.  After that, I was taking 8 mg daily.  In 4 months time, I weaned to 4 mgs every other day and stopped.  My decision to stop was because my emotional status was extreemely unstable and I was tired of living each day for a substance.   I was never prescribed this and had no clue as to the withdrawal symptoms or how long they would last.  This w/d has been the hardest thing Ive ever done.  I never thought I would make it to day 34, let alone day 5.  My w/ds began appx day 3.  Like most people, I suffered extreem exhaustion, RLS, insomnia, no interest in eating or drinking fluids, depression, horrible anxiety, muscle pain, etc.  Although my bf is a recovering addict himself, he has had a hard time understanding why I feel the way I do and for so long.  He actually went to rehab twice and of course has never seen anyone experience suboxone withdrawal.  Its frustrating and doesnt exactly lift my spirits to feel like something is wrong with me, but I stay patient with myself.  Thats all I can do.  For those in the early days, its not going to be easy...    
...but you CAN do this!  I have never considered myself strong, but I've done this and so will you!  My advice, don't think about 30 days or 70 days.  Take it 1 day or 1 week at a time.  Just focus on getting through this day!  Every week DOES get easier.  3 weeks ago I could barely drag myself to a bathroom.  Today, I can.  The shakes have gone away at this point.  I know that the worst is over, and by the grace of God, I made it through.  Im still not sleeping great, but the RLS is gone!!!  I have muscle pain in my legs, but I am walking!!!  I still have lack of motivation and disinterest, but I can force myself to move without feeling like I will pass out!!!  Remember how you once were, before substance.  You had energy, motivation, ambition, and dreams.  You ARE that person and you WILL get there.  In a sence, your body is renewing.  Renewing healthy cells and healing itself so that you may be reborn and have your life back!!!  Don't give up!  Dont ever give up!
Sorry to take a long time to reply. Couldnt figure out were to go from my homepage. But anyway I was on them for years. Started at 16mg then to 12mg. Then cold turkey 2 weeks ago. Wds getting better. Still cant sleep. I dont have any plans of giving up. Not A Option.
Yes I will agree with you on the bathroom trips. But that stuff has slowed way down and Today I was able to really eat something. Are you taking anything for energy and sleep? Thats my only two problems only after 2 weeks at a high dose of subs. Thanks JS
everybody you can do this. i am going through it as i write this, i started Subs 7 years ago and was at 24mg a day. 3 months ago i said no more, i lost my wife and doughter because of my addiction. i went all the way down to 3mg a day and then quit last friday at 6pm. so that means im on day 4. i dont feel all that bad. i do still have some insomnia and restless leg crap. more anoing then anything else. what worked for me is, ALOT of WATER and i take about 3 Multi Vitamins a day. you will need vitamins. detox kills all vitamis and your body needs them, try to eat something before taking the vitamins, find something to do to pass the time. i mainly listen to music. or play video games, watching the seconds go by is not going to help you any. whatever you like to do just do it. and most of all just hang in there. it will be over soon.
I am a RN, specifically critical care (emergency/trauma), I've been on suboxone for almost 2 years and have tapered myself down and come off completely. It is now day 22 for me, & unfortunately I still feel like absolute crap. Some days r better than othera, the malaise and fatigue r what's lingering currently. Even taking a shower everyday is effort. I know a lot about this drug and addiction itself. Remember, just 1mg of suboxone is equivalent to about 30mg of Morphine (Intravenously, not orally. IV absorption is almost 100%) this is a general rule, and it only reflects the concentration of the drug, not half-life or mech of action by anyway. So, when ur on only 1mg, ur still taking about 30mg of morphine a day, & if u know concentrations of IV morphine, that's a crap load. I stopped from 1mg to zero. I'll b honest, quitting cold turkey IS NOT THE WAY TO GO! U will need adjunctive therapy to help u otherwise your likely hood of relapse is over 85%. Dont fool yourself, u probably won't b able to do it cold turkey. There are great drugs to use for the suboxone withdrawals. First off, your blood pressure will b high during the come down, so a anti-hypertensive agent is recommended, specifically Catapress (Clonidine) which is used for opiate withdrawals as a unmarked use. (it's great for bld pressure, anxiety, & general body aches), second, a benzo might b indicated, like librium, but only take for the first 2 weeks and taper off of them (or u will become dependent on them), if u don't want the benzo, Vistaril is a anti-histamine that works wonders for anxiety without the narcotics. Neurontin is a seizure medication, but few people know that seizure meds calm the brain & make withdrawals very tolerable. (trust me) plus its non-addicting. You should ask your doctor specifically for those meds if possible, of ur doc knows anything about addiction he will know. Also, for the never ending diarrhea, (after 3 weeks it still hasn't let up), Levsin and/or Bentyl are great for the stomach cramps. I tried stopping suboxone countless times on my own account, but could never do it alone. I was going to TJ to buy the subs. I finally came to the realization even as a veteran RN, that I can't do it alone. I'm know just over the 3 week mark, but without the adjunctive therapy I would b doomed for failure. Less than 10% of addicts can stop cold turkey on their own account (not counting going to jail where your forced to stop regardless). If u don't adopt the AA/NA meetings, it's ok. Neither do I, but what works for me is seeing a therapist every week, and a doctor every week while I'm detoxing. If u don't deal with the issues that got u to ur insanity/addiction in the first place, u will relapse, maybe not today or next month, but it WILL happen. I am still looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, but I will find it soon. This 3-4 week withdrawal keeps reminding me that I NEVER want to go thru this again, more like I can't do it again, I am too weak, once is all I can handle so I'm trying to do it right. Good luck to all of you, your not alone even though it feels like it.
I really hope my withdraws dont end up lasting 3 or 4 weeks. Im only on day 15 but I felt ok today. I put on my headphones and crank it up. If not i will just stop working and head to the car for a rest. A Monster Energy helps alot also. Has your appetitie returned yet? Sunday was only OK. Monday was good and yesturday just sucked. Today Ive been eating everything in sight.  Maybe its the little things are the best to look at? Jay
I took subutex for 7 months and started at 2-4 mg a day. I never exceeded 4mg, that would be for a random day. The last month I dropped down to breaking it down to around .2 - .5. This is day 5 for me and I feel significantly better, the RLS is gone, everything seems to be gone except chronic fatigue and lack of energy. I got a B12 shot from doc a couple of days ago, I'm taking a lot of supplements and multi-vitamin, klonopin, clonidine, promethazine, but no immodium because I'm not really getting much diarrhea. I still get cold every now and then, but it's getting better it seems. Maybe it's everything I'm taking masking the effect, supplements: potassium, magnesium, L-tyrosine, B6, Vitamin C. I slept for 11 hours last night, untouched by RLS and I haven't had it all day. Just started taking the supplements today, and I had 3 hours of relief when I first took them getting back from Walmart, (which I dragged myself to) I exercise every other day, I started a month before I began DT. I get dizzy and lightheaded every time I get up from the bed or the couch, I almost fall but once it clears I seem to be ok.
of subutex w/d after five years and 3 year H habit before that. To those screaming class action suit and all of that, I say nonsense. There's a cap on sub that won't let you get higher from taking more than 24mg at a time daily which makes it far safer from an OD fatality standpoint and limits its abuse despite its withdrawal being far more insidious. I was well aware of the downside of transferring to subutex maintenance, and while the government may be guilty of

I'm fortunate enough to not to have had to sunk to the depths as most of you since I have decent insurance that covers in-patient detox for 5 nights that made the first six days painless since they keep you under the whole time. I strongly recommend this for anyone with the resources/insurance ready to take the plunge and can take a week off. Call your insurance and ask if they cover detox services and where. Turned out my secondary insurance covered what my primary wouldn't. Although I know this is hardly an option for everyone in the US as good HI can be difficult to impossible to afford and even obtain although that has recently changed so long as the conservative Supreme Court does not dismantle it this year.

I envy most of you who were sharp enough to its detriments to want to get off after only 0-2 years. Having been born into a family of enough resource  whose culture is fundamentally unfamiliar and incapable of practicing the concept of "tough love", I could live an idyllic life of apathetic inconsequence with everything provided for except cold hard cash for fear I end up dead in a matter of weeks. This has facilitated my life as a reclusive and self hating tex-head, self sequestered in my palatial penthouse suite with not an ambition in the world, tex-inhibited lack of sex drive, and spurning all social contact since I'm a loser that does nothing. That leaves me sitting around downloading and watching 3 movies a day on my 60 inch 3D flat screen that's provided enough escapism over the last 5 years as a diversion to brooding too much upon my Loser-hood. I leave only to visit the gym 3 times a week (BTW, burning off opiates stored in fat really can give you an extraordinary buzz, especially after after a rigorous workout on an older vertical back machine that involves swinging your upper body up and down numerous times), re-up on my subutex and other meds once a month, and those times I'm pressed into duty to visit my parents and be reminded just how large the letter L on my chest had grown in my supine time of quintessential black sheep-hood.

But it wasn't always thus. It certainly wasn't how I was raised under loving and relatively strict parentage and all the opportunities and educational benefits that one might expect of being born into the 1%. I would be unrecognizable to my earlier childhood peers who saw an ambitious achiever whose exceptionalism made future success a forgone conclusion. It took years for me to finally admit subutex could be the only explanation as to why I had come to desire nothing, want of no one, and was no longer possessed of a preoccupation to dream and scheme of my immediate future.

At least I hope it's the subutex and I just haven't somehow turned into a deadbeat.

I had my place cleaned prior to entering detox, although that hasn't stopped me during heavy withdrawal periods from scouring every square inch of it in hope an accidental crumb left behind could provide immediate relief. It's quite possible such shameless desperation has led to a lot of sublingually ingested lint the past week.

I was told it would take two weeks, but seeing as to how I'm on day 12 and still feel nowhere near a return to anything approaching normalcy I'm glad to confirm that it's more like 30 ... giving me the mental fortitude to prepare for the days ahead. Thanks for sharing all. Since I'm one that's found AA/NA too intrusive and counterproductive for me, writing within the relative anonymity of this medium has been cathartic of sorts.

Just wanted to send out a little more info. I am at day 21 and WoW what a difference. I take a vitamin in the morning with breakfast and a sports type drink with lunch and dinner. I drink water when ever I get hungry between meals and most of the time the hunger stuff goes away. I work really hard and try to relax a little in the evenings. Not getting good sleep yet but I know it will come. I can sleep 4 or 5 hours then Im up for a bit then some more sleep. Im thinking about trying melatonin tonight. Not sure about how much to take. I guess I am back about 80% and every day is better and better. By the way all of my stomach stuff went away a few days ago and Im eating anything I wish. And Lots of it. I wish everyone the best and You will feel better soon. Im going thru it. BTW I went cold turkey at 12mg of suboxone a day for a couple of years. Jay
Well done J. Glad to hear your feeling good again. If you can stay as positive as you sound you can deffinately stay clean. I have been clean off the subs for 11 months now. If i can do it you can too. This site is great for support, have you worked out how to navigate your way around the forums yet? I only ask as it took me days just to pick up the basics, Im fairly new to the net!
I was able to find out so much information in subs. only after I had quit taking them and became sick. I couldnt sleep and there wasnt anything on tv in the middle of the night. So from what I was reading most of what I was feeling was kinda normal. It was hard to make my friends and family relize that I wasnt dying and I will get better soon. I am very happy that the worst is over. Congrats on the 11 months and I hope to be there soon. How long before you could sleep normal? Jay  
Hi J.  To be honest with you, i am still not sleeping properly J. Dont take that as an indication of what will happen with you though. I can't stress enough, everyone is different when it comes to post detox symptoms. It sounds like you have come out of it quite lucky. I know it will not feel like that to you at the moment,lol. I would say that, if your sleeping four or five hours, you are over the worst of the insomnia. It should be a matter of getting your sleep regulated to the same times each day. Are you still getting any other symptoms? You can get a lot of good advice of this site J. More importantly, you can also get a lot of support. You can get advice on anything and everything,lol. Why dont you have a go at starting a new thread, on a subject of your choice? This is a very old thread J. You seem to get a lot more people commenting on newer threads. All you need to do is click on the post a question icon. There are quite a few people going through exactly what you are going through. I hope that is some help to you, if i am only telling you stuff you already know, I dont mean no harm. Stay strong 21 days is MASSIVE.
Thanks for all the info. And I will start a new thread or jump on a newer one. This is one that I had found a few weeks ago when I was really feeling bad. And as for the other wd stuff I have good days and better days at this point. Im still sneezing a few times a day and have problems regulating my temperature it seems. Most of the time Im freezing. Cant wait for warmer weather. Wont be long now. I live between Baltimore and DC. So it is still kinda cold here. Thanks Again. Jay
No worries J, glad to help in any way that i can. If you want to ask me anything more specific, just send me a personal message friend. Blue
Hey Blueer I tried to friend you and sent a message or two. I guess im not doing it correctly. Im at 6 weeks and have good days and others only ok. I feel better but some days cant get off the couch. Maybe just tired? I still cant sleep thru the night. Fell asleep at midnight and was up at 530. Ive tried otc stuff but nothing seems to work. How long before you could sleep kinda normal? Jay
I am on day 4 of suboxone w/d and I feel like I am crazy!!!I am not the same person I was 4 years ago when my DR. said that I should be on "maintenance"subs for the rest of my life.I had no idea how addictive they were,how hard it would be to get off of them,and at the time did not know how to use a computer so info was hard to come by.Now I am an avid computer fan and have been trying to ween off subs for over a year.Of course when I finally stop from my 4 years on subs is when our house sells and we have 26 days to vacate.So...pack an entire house with my super hyper 5 year old and move everything onto a boat.My husband suggested to go back to the DR,get back on subs till the move is over,then he will take time off work after summer so I can just sweat,go potty,and be crazy while he takes care of the little guy.I am considering it today.I have so much to do and I am no help at all.My little boy just wants me to play and all I can do is just turn on the t.v.That is so not the mother I want to be.Luckily my hubby is super supportive and works so hard to take care of us.Do I just suffer through it and by the time we are out of our house the worst should be over?That will be the 30 day off subs mark.I was taking  2mg a day for few years.I weened down to 1mg for few months,then .5 mg day for 2 months,then stopped 4 days ago.I dont feel as crazy as I did when quitting the gnarliest oxycontin habit 4 years ago.I was 120lbs and taking 10-12  80mg oxys a day!They were surprised I never OD'd when I went to the clinic.This seems manageable but I am considering going back on for 2-3 months to get the house packed,move onto our boat,and get settled in.I am imagining detoxing on a rocking boat.That will for sure suck.So then I go back to"just deal with it and the worst will be over once you are on a boat".Please help.Im going crazy.
I've been reading some of these comments and just want everyone to know that u should taper down as much as possible. I tapered from eight mg a day to .25 a day. I'm on day four and the symptoms are quite mild. I do feel kinda crappy but it is definatley bareable. I do have insomnia though. Just know that tapering really worked for me.
for subs to work the best you must make sure you are in withdrawal. The doctors say 24- 36 . This crap cause i go into w/d quick so i said screw the advice and have take six hours after abusing opiate or dope. Subs have always worked great when i took them as soon a i feel like **** or shall i say startint the w/d process but you reall don have to wait that lon. When you start feeling like ****, Popp a sub, wait 30-40 mins and youll be right a s rain. And i know from experience. Hope this helps with what your going through.And a little of topic, Dont put youself on subs until you have really hit you rock bottom. Just talkin from experience. Hope i helped a littl.  And dont force yourself to quit or enter detox/rehab until YYYYOOOOUUUU are really ready. Because if you only tryin to quit because peopl are upset with you it will have no benefit on your behalf. THE ONLY WAY TO TRULY QUIT YOUR LIFESTYLE IS FOR YOU TO REALLY ANS SERIOUSLY WANNA QUIT> I'Ve been to detox and rehab many times and all i could think about the whole time i was there is when i get out i cant wait to snort up the most **** i can get my hands. Do it for you and nonelse. Hope i helped a litlle
my doctor told me to drink twice the recomended water , i drank 16 16 oz glasses a day take omaga 3 , vitimin b, magnesiam. and the meds below  

day  meds

diazipam 5mg every 3 hour , a med for restliss lag sindrum and 1mg xanax as needed.

night meds

diazapam 10mg 1/2 hour before bed, zolpidem10 mg 1 hour befor bed and doxipin 30 mg 1/2 hour befor bed,and 1 mg xana right at bed time and the restlesss lage sidrom med,

he also said to get up as early as you can even though you feel like **** and do sit ups push ups and stretch. i guess it helps reless the lactic acid in your muceles and helps with the pain aswell as cuts the withdral time down. i was on sub for four years and my withdral lasted three week doing this.

or go onto vivitral
well my addicton started after a snowmobile acciedent,i was run over @80 mi hr,and riped fr top to bottom,suffered for 11 months, hade a 9 hr opperation in to.on morphine for 1yr,oxy and perks for 5 yrs,finaly crashed and burned,tryd to over\dose ended up in hospital then rehab,toke allergic reaction to methadone,my doc put me on subs,and realy it felt like it saved my life!however wase never toled it wase addictive?about a yr in found myself depresed with no desire or dreams to fullfill.so my doc gave me cymbalta a aqnti depresent.wich relucntintly dndt take,so itryed to quit subs,the reason for the depression well i was in for a suprise,the w\d are nesty [develish] worse than w\d off anything.needless to say i failed.i tryed a couple more times and failed.i hade too many comitments. this time is diferent i finaly got it in my head,and thats what you need,i tryed tapering but that didnt work for me.so cold turky!the first 4 hf days were hell.it wass 4 in the morning and i was curld up in a ball screaming so i took about .75 mgs of sub just to nok the edge off litle did i know all i was doin was prolongn the agony!a cople nights same thing .75mgs sub.third time couple nights ltr same thing,it tooke a week to realize that this wasent workin!went to the doc,he said lets do this together...he prescribed, backlefen,clonidine,codine. which have helped a little but its still hell.ime also taken vit b6,and multy vit fr gnc.driken lots of water and gaterade to help frm dehidration,           well its day number 11 wow i am finaly able to get up and eat breaky and go to work thank god ime the boss,still cannt do much but sit at my desk hopen to fell beter day by day week by week.........i got some good slep last night w\o any sleping pills about 6hrs a little toss and turnen but good natural sleep [night 10 ].........to all ........this is by-far the hardest thing ive ever done,but my head is in the game...............>>>>>>>> bee strong brothers and sisters ......love and peace ...........oh yea ime taken cymbalta now and its really helpin........ime alive agian .....>>>> all my spidy senses are comin back........we can do this...we will do this .....lokin back were gona WOW                                                                                                                                                                                                      
me and my girl has done heroin for 6 yrs,it took us to move 7 hrs away from friends and family.soon we got on subs 20 mg a day for 5 yrs,if your affraid of 2 or 5 months try 5 yrs.we researched everty thing to make it as easy as we could,and so hear it is guys get ur doc to prescribe xanax for you it does work .day 1 take take nothing,day 2 1 xanax at bedtime.day 3 1 in morn and 1 at bed,day four 1in morn then1 afternoon and 1 a t night,also take clonodine everyday cuz it does help, please cut the
To those of you who try to scare people in to thinking the wd from subs is horrible, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Yes it is not easy. Just like anything else we do to our body it takes time to heal. I have been through wd from methadone, and other opioids several times. Suboxone is NOTHING compared to the others. I read so many negative comments about subs. The main reason people are having a hard time is because they screw around and don't take them properly. If you are under a doctors care and do what he tells you there should be very little problems. I am not going to tell you that everything will be roses because it won't. The best thing you can do is get off your *** and keep a posistive attitude. Sitting around complaining about your situation is going to make things worse for sure. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't listen to the negative people on these forums. You can get yourself off these meds. Keep a positive attitude and remember how good life can be when you are free from these drugs.
I was taking 2mg a day its now been 4 days since I've takin anything. I'm a single mother of 3 lil ones n I feel like I can't take it anymore. I keep telling myself not to give in but im so bad now all I wanna do is call someone to get one from but than I'll feel like I've come this far for nothing. Anyone got any advice to help me thro this?   thankx romegirl
Dont give up! You can do it.
I was taking fourteen 7/325 Vicodin , 2 morphine, and 6 Soma's a day for 5 years. On top of that I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day and lots of pot.  After feeling like death, literally, weighing in at 100 pounds and almost non- functional I found an amazing addiction specialist. After detoxing for 24 hours off the narcs I started on the subox. It was two weeks of feeling like I'd rather be dead. Things got better but my emotional state and anxiety were incapacating. Fast forward 4 years and I was still on subox.  We attempted a few times but the withdraws, uncontrolable leg & arm kicks, runny nose, and flu symptoms I felt doomed forever. Then one day I was just ready to fight the good fight and go for it. My dr prescribed clonidine( blood pressure meds to stop the runny nose and yawning), colonopan( anxiety meds that make you sleepy), and a muscle relaxer for the leg kicks (which was my biggest hurdle) and I felt awesome on day 5. I'm having short withdraw symptoms everyday at 4 pm but I fight through them because I never want to feel that horrible ever again. It's been 15 days off the Subox and I feel better than ever even though I still have some moments of discomfort, I'm strong enough to fight through it. I'm off all meds and I finally feel free and the real me is awakening with love & light. I learned that it will never work unless you are READY. Same for diets, smoking, drugs, it's all relative- you must be ready. Trust me, if i did it so can you. Keep trying because you're worth it!!!!!
I won't go into all my details, but was on suboxone for 5 1/2 years!  Took opiates in small amts. everyday for pain for many years. Doc put me on subs to get off the pills...I sould have never decided to take them.  11 days off (after tapering down to 1/4 of 1/2mg. for many weeks).  That didn't seem to matter in how I'm feeling...WEAK (flu-like)...can only sleep about 2-3 hrs. per night, etc. ,etc. Don't know when it will end, but I hope it's soon!!!!!!
Romegirl, I'm a single mom to 2 little ones and I work FULL-time. I'm on day 8 and it comes in waves! No energy, anxiety, depression, insomnia, mean/moody, restless legs, and anything else you can think of! What's helping me through this is knowing how mean I was to my 2 precious children while I was using after my divorce (I didn't even realize I was addicted for a long time!) and how much they deserve to have their Mommy back.  Thank God my children are still pretty young.
Also, I'm taking potassium and vitamin B-6 each morning (I got bottles of them cheap, from the Dollar Store) with LOTS of water and muscle relaxers/hydroxyzine throughout the day, as needed (a doc will help prescribe non-addicting pills that help a TON).  Another thing that helps is my Mom (who has never used drugs in her entire life and brought up 5 kids with my Dad in church) but I was completely honest with her and she is my biggest help/ supporter.
---OH, and I used suboxone illegally btw... I bought it from friends for almost a year and had no clue it would be this hard to come off of.  
This is NOT an easy road by any means, but it will be soooo worth it in the end. Have faith... I believe in you! Vitamins and water help A LOT too!  And like I said, I'm only on day 8 but I read that a lot of ppl recommend exercise, so just yesterday I tried walking in place (which was the hardest thing everrrr) but I did that for about 10 min. and surprisingly I DID feel better!!
Also, you HAVE to eat! I didnt eat for the first 4 days (which is something that I cant afford to do as I'm 5'6'' and only 105 lbs now), but my Mom started bringing me trail mix and applesause and stuff that was pretty easy to eat and I felt soooo much better! Try to nibble on little things, you'll feel much better!
YOU CAN DO THIS! I've only come 8 days so far, but remember that each day that passes is one day furthur from Suboxone Hell and one day closer to your Healthy Life returning!!!
OH, and forgot to mention I have one of my bff's that's going through the SAME thing... I have completely cut off all my friends that still use, which unfortunately was every single friend but one.  Make sure you have support! Confide in someone who loves you and wont judge you! For me it's my parents, my boyfriend and ONE girlfriend who just happened to decide to quit just prior to me quitting.  We joke each other a lot, which helps... LoL!
WE CAN DO THIS!  I'm only at Day 8, but she's about a month in and she told me to quit counting days!
She said each day you'll feel a little better than before... she's still not 100 %, but she's doing MUCH better now than when on Subs.
Unfortunately no one can say how long your w/d symptoms will last, but you'll feel better in time.

---OH and among the best advice that I've received was to supplement with what works for YOU!
If you're not sleeping get an over the counter sleep med.  No energy, try vitamins B, exercise or 5-hr Energy. Upset stomach? Get Imodium (immodium)... WHATEVER works for YOU to get you through this!
For me the insomnia, anxiety and restless legs are the WORST but supplements, fluids, and other NON-addicting meds have helped!  
AND exercise REALLY helps... I know it sounds retarded being the number ONE symptom is NO ENERGY but it really gives you a burst of natural energy and makes you feel MUCH better! FORCE yourself to walk in place... you wont regret it!
BEST OF LUCK!
Ive had mild symptoms at times on day 6. Really Im just cold/hot and tired.  Its not as bad as people made it out to be and i jumped off 8+ mg a day.  I use gatorade and a serious vitamin regimen.  No caffeine either.
Hi guys my story is i used herion for 2 yrs from 19 till 21 , i had enough and went to a doctor he reccomended suboxone at first i felt so great on it but after 3 yrs on it , ive realised it still changes the person you really are and your love life attitude dies with suboxone !! That is why 14 days ago i went cold turkey from 16 mgs a day , the first 3 days were so easy i thought haha im immune to things like this then the next 3 4 days were hell , then after about day 7 or 8 i felt great again for about 2 days until it hit me once again !!! My main wd sympton is my legs are so uncomfortable and feel like they will never return to normal even after 14 days i still have no energy and feel extremely depressed , i have constant diaorrhea and sneaze at least 10 times a day , my doctor said ill be fine in a week but he also said that after day 7 so im really starting to panic especially as im in construction and havent been working for about 6 days now , i find alot of people on here are extremely unhelpful and i doubt they even ever used opiates cause how can i be so different to them i have a great metabilism im only 24 , but no one seems to answer the question properly how long does w/d last when u go cold turkey please someone help im def not going back on it but i just wanna know how long till i feel normal again ! Thnx in advance my prayers are with w
Everyone who is in or was in the situation i am in right now
                          PLEASE IF YOU HAVE TIME I KNOW THIS IS LONG
BUT I'M DESPERATE FOR HELP! I WANT TO BE ME AN ONLY ME!
MY STORY MAY MAKE YOU THINK BAD OF ME I THINK BAD OF ME.
          ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!                                                                                       GOD IS A FORGIVING GOD. AN WE ALL DESERVE A REAL CHANCE FOR FORGIVENESS ,I WANT MINE! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE I COULD HAVE DONE IT IF I WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT RIGHT, BUT NOW I NEED MORE HELP THEN EVER PLEASE DONT PASS ME UP. THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING.
                                   I started taking Subxone about 3 years ago for oxy's I thought it was the best thing I'd done in awhile I started working again an doing great. After a year I was still doing great, but my Dr. had a program that help a few ppl he thought needed help the most pay for the 1ST year of Subxone I just paid Dr. visits.
After the yr. was over he switched me to Buprenorphin.I was fine with that they work the same an since I'd never been an IV user It didn't bother me PEOPLE could inject it. Until my husband of 6 YRS an My best girlfriend since we were 6, were doing it that way in our bathroom one night. I was Enraged! When they finally got me to listen to them they defended why they were doing it. I didn't care I was so against needle using and everyone who did it an i still think i feel that way. 6 months after that night I caught them doing it we were all hanging out an they talked me in to trying it  "just once"an I'll admit  I tried an oxy that way once an hated it an swore I'd never do it  again an still haven't so why can't I stop doing sub that way. I feel like the biggest hippecrit there is I hate myself. My biggest fear isn't the withdraws its my mind. Three yrs. is a long time to have something that makes you feel better an gets through everyday life. To just be gone. As long as I have more I'm ok an only do 2mg a day now but how do i make my mind stop thinking I need them?
First off, nobody thinks any less of you for iv use or anything else. It sounds like you made your mind up that you don't want them. You definitely don't need them. What kind of after care do you have in place, if any. The last 2mg sub taper is usually the hardest, so you are feeling normal. I had to sit down and tell my pills goodbye before I realized all my excuses to continue. I wasn't will to let go of the "benefits." Read the suboxone/subutex FAQs at the bottom of the forum and click on Post a New Question. You will get more response if you have your own thread. I'm glad your here, you are in the right place. Good luck.
There is a lot to consider when quitting: age, frequency, dose, schedule etc..  you have to really really want to quit using and it may take several times, but everyone eventually knows when they have had enough.. The pain from withdrawals will eventually subside, that is when the real battle begins with abstaining from.  If you have been on a heavy dose for long periods i would suggest inpatient.  Quitting on your own can be quite tough without the proper support.  I personally think suboxone(cure) is worse than the poison.  Going to a treatment center was not an option for me, considering all they do is give out suboxone to treat.  Not to mention i was addicted to the cure as well. Cold turkey was the only way for me, because i knew it was going to be my last time.  I knew i was no longer getting anything out of opiods but pain and misery in my life, day after day. you will know when it's your time and you will see nobody can to this but you or stop you when you become ready - The new way of treatment is doctors keeping you on suboxone @ 12 bucks a pill.  As you can well see, this is no cure for an addict, it merely just bridges the gap between the real fix for most of now. after being on suboxone for three months i could barely sleep and was having nightmares, it had me getting(i was floating) up out of bed every 15 minutes, night after night, to smoke a cigarette.  It basically ended up being as bad as the schedule II narcotics, maybe even worse considering the never ending withdrawals i experienced.  We all have the chance to make it our LAST withdrawal EVER! It's up to you! ..and you can do it. This is the bright side :)
Hey, I am on day 12 an yes the w/d have lessened, but they are still here...looks like there here to stay for a while...my bf an me are both getting off of them the same time...it makes it little harder..we influence each other...but we are trying to stay strong...we take pills at night for sleep ...all the meds we are on are non addicting...they have helped...i do recommend that you see get on some meds after to help with the w/d...as of right now i have chills not too bad..like in the beginning...restless...anger...mood swings...crying...shotrness of breath, high bp...you see all these w/d are very hard on your body...especially when you are used to getting high...an having energy...subs gave me energy i would clean the house daily, hit the gym up, but i got lazy you know...i have not been employed for a over a year...anyway WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS...IF YOU HAVE MADE IT PAST THE 48 HOURS DONT GO BACK...CAUSE ONE DAY YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE THESE DEMONS W/D S .... i am going to look for meetings to start going too...its just hard its mental you know you feel like ****...like a strong *** hangover...ha ha...anyway i am trying to stay positive...cause if not i will go back to subs an i will i am an addict...stay strong everyone...one day we will all look back an say WOW SO GLAD WE DID WHEN WE DID...an when you see your old buddies who used they are still on them an hopeless...you can help them....so yeah yesterday was okay i cleaned the house, i even slept last nite got up at 1 pm...i mean i am 26 years old an i want to be successful...so now is the time to get clean get educated an live a healthy life....this **** is not easy to get through but....it will make you stronger...it seems everyone experiences the same w/ds we should start a group to change the world...but let me start with me first
I was given subutext for a Norco addiction two years ago. I was told that when I came off sub there would be no withdrawals. Boy was that a lie from the pit of hell. I am almost two months off sub and I'm still having wd symptoms. Initially my Dr gave me tramadol to get off sub. He gave me a script for sixty pills and a taper schedule. As any addict knows tapering is extremely hard! I ate those 60 pills like jelly beans. The wd was so intense for me I just wanted to die. I tried everything I read.... B12, Thomas Recipe, clonidine, benzos for anxiety, immodium ad. Believe me if I read it worked I tried it! I checked into a 30 day outpatient class where I met a gal in the same boat as me. I asked what she was taking for withdraws and she told me Neurontin. I asked my Dr if I could try it and he agreed. This has been the only medicine that has ever made me not feel withdraws. It's actually for seizures but can be used for wd and is not addicting. I have no idea why drs don't prescribe this initially. I would have never taken sub if I knew about neurontin.  I know how horrific this addiction is. It has consumed me, financially screwed me, and ruined my relationships. All I wanted to do was take pills and isolate myself. I have been off work two months trying to battle this demon I have gotten myself into. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE and doesn't mean everyone is the same. Good luck to all....it's a long journey
Thank you for your post. I thought I was the only one who got up every fifteen minutes to smoke in the middle of the night. I told my husband it was that sub and he always thought I was trippin. I hate that I was lied to about sub and I feel sorry for anyone on it that doesnt know the seriousness of this drug. It's the most evil pill I ever took......
Great post, and 100% true!
I am on day 10 off Suboxone and all of your comments have been very helpful, but mostly inspirational. I am still experiencing everything you guys described - withdrawals, lack of energy, etc. My question is why doctors are not helping to make it easier for us? I thought I had a pretty good doctor -- supportive and understanding. But aren't they all? The only drugs he prescribed for me to easen the coming off process were those drugs I asked him for. I red a lot of your posts and got some understanding of what to expect. So I asked for clonidine, diazepam, and clonazepam. I almost killed myself taking all of these drugs together. I think there should be programs or councelors that work with people to get them ready and educate them on how to make it through without physical or mental damage. I barely made it out of the WTC on 9/11, just few minutes before the tower had collapsed. I suffered some minor physical injuries. Went totally numb mentally. I always thought I was given a second chance in life because i am a strong person, always was, and was strong enough to make quick right decisions. I dont think so any longer. Coming out alive on 9/11 wasn't because of my strong personality. It was a chance I was given. I got lucky, unlike 200 other people from the company I worked for, who never made it out. I happened to be in a right place when attack had happened and everything was circumstantial that helped me to stay alive. Now I feel like I am given a second chance and now it will be only up to me and my strength to come out of it. I am a professional, a mother of two children, I love life and I know how to enjoy it. Right now I am not feeling it but as I keep reading your posts/comments it gives me a hope. Tomorrow I have an appointment to meet with recovering drug addicts like myself. What is it like? Is it real? Does it help?
I am also on day six afer weaning down to 1mg over the course.of two yrs give or take. I had been fi e up until about four hrs ago. It all hit me at once....restlessleg weakness shortness of breath and bone chilling cold. One thing that has helped has been kratomite.
Six days off and the withdrawels came all at once. I jad been taking kratomite and it was helping . Cant wait to get back to work and get some more
My daughter is on day 13 from suboxone withdrawal.  I have been there every day to help her with the kids and house.  She is on everything to help the w/d symptoms, but stumbled upon Requip, a med for severe restless legs, one of her main symptoms.  It basically worked like magic and she was able to sleep through the night for the first time a few days ago.  Benzoes help with the anxiety, but that can turn into another monkey on your back so very careful with that. She was on sub for 4 years and is finally turning the corner, albeit slowly.  She also has clonidine, which is a must in my opinion.  We tried the vicodin taper method last week, don't know if that did much of anything, but, no harm done.  Hang in there everyone, days will turn into weeks, then weeks into months, and you will be rid of this monster drug called suboxone!!!!
This post is really old you should start a new one of ya have any questions
I'm a mom of 3 and a wife I've been dealing with this crap for to long I don't know what to do I just want off but I keep going back I just don't know how to do It I wish I could talk to someone but my family dose not know my husband would kill me ... Just so ...
Day 7 and i got sleep lastnite but still aching all iover wen will i feel better not hurt and have sum kind of energy this is pure torture!! I was on subs a yr. And weened to just an8th of a strip then quit! Man ive done h for yrs in my past k4&k8 all those harder pain meds if it could b banged i was shooting but those wds have nothing on Suboxone wds! Its day7 of complete aching in my body ive tried everything but i refuse to use anuther opiate this **** has taught me a lesson i been addicted all my life and these broke me! Thank u everybody for posting ur xpietence its helped so much i would b crazy by now, just2kno im not alone helps a lil, hope this will end soon i guess im stronger than i thought
Hey Sarah, most notice general symptom improvement at about 21 days, and sleep returning to near normal at about 30 days. I wanted to encourage you to go to the top of the addiction forum and click Post A Question and start your own post. Sometime people get lost on these older threads. Tell us about yourself and how we can help. Looking forward to seeing you around.
This is so crazy i am trying to get off a few times and i have failed i get so sick and mentally it really effects me alot. everything that really works coast alot of money, that i dont have being a hard working 60 hours a week single mom lpease help me if you now anything that can help me that dont coast alot of money
The first time I quit taking suboxzone after 5 years, I was so insanely sick, I thought I had food poisoning! (think I would of rather had food poisoning) I had 12 tabs left, weened it down and down as best I could, (even to just a 1/4 of the film) but, still have withdrawl (withdrawal), somedays are worse than others, it's been 2 weeks. By far, one of the hardest hings I've ever done. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I can say, thru looking and getting a feeling of what others have done, I know fluids, lots of vitamins (like a Cocktail) L-tysonine with B12 in the AM, a multi, calcium, and vitamin C everyday, warm/hot baths for muscle cramps, mild walking, kaopektate, and an antihistimine that causes drowsiness for sleep really helps. I can tell you first hand.....it's a long train ride, but, it will end. (I am telling myself this) Hang in there
Hi in response to all posts
I have just come of subutex after years of drug abuse (around 3.5  grams a day) I tapered down my dose 8ml to 1ml a day(easy part)
the hard part was stopping completely.
I have gone cold turkey quite a few times and the best way is to stop from the actual substance which lasts around 5 days and extremely painful.
methadone is a no (cheap alternative to buprenorphine and withdrawal lasts for ever :(
subutex is the best option by far.
I was nearly not going to add this but I will
when you want to come of subutex smoke cannabis( don't become addicted)
fight fire with fire stay at home, get well and gain back control
also attending drug groups and counselling can help :)
Cheapest alternative many swear by is imodium (immodium), combined with some other things. Look it up and you'll find many links. It won't be 100% like sub but it also won't leave you with the affects sub does with WD. But it's all OTC at any grocery store. Good luck!
Hi guys, I'm really happy to find this site.  I have been on suboxone strips after a 4 year opiate addiction started to address my chronic pain.  For so long my tolerance just rose through the roof until last summer I decided to get on the subs.  Overall, I felt a dull softening of the reality of my pain.  I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Lyme disease so I am pretty clueless as to what the fck is causing the pain, but I have noticed crazy night sweats,clammy/ sweaty feet on this drug.  I'm so ready to be drug free, so I can see if life is bare able with my condition.  First, I was taking 2 8mg strips a day.  On my own I was able to taper to 4mg, twice a day.  I tried to do a cold turkey on this dose and it was hell.  Recently saw my doctor and he suggested a softer blow with a gradual taper.  I'm 6 days into 1 mg a day and its been rough.  Mood swings, depression, future shock, the wheels are just tearing up my mental highway.  I'm looking forward to getting through this and thank all of you so much for sharing your stories, it really helps to know that I'm not all alone in this.  I am currently doing acupuncture and treating my body right with exercise and positive thinking.  I wish everyone luck!
Nealdude
okay, so I am on my Fourth day of suboxone detox and i was literally climbing the walls all last night. This morning I feel much better with less aches and pains but it seems as though the longer as the day goes the worst the symptoms are. I have been keeping very hydrated and trying to stay active to keep my mind off of things but behind it all the withdrawals seem to break through from time to time and totally make my life a hell. I've kicked heroin years ago and it was much easier than this. maybe not the first 2-3 days but they definetly taped off quickly after. The best advice I could give is to try and do a bit of exercise every day. now I'm not talking about joining a triathlon but A nice walk or a couple of pushups will help your natural endorphins to start kicking some asshearing bless all of you and anyone else who is going to this terrible ordeal.
After reading all thses posts I am starting to think switching to subs from the methadone is just trading one nightmare for another, Is the withdrawl (withdrawal) as bad as if I tapered down from the methadone? I was thinking it was easier to come off the suboxone then the methadone. That is the impression I got from here but after reading all this I am not so sure. Any advice would be appreciated. To all of you that are doing so well I am so excited for you, great job I hope I will be as strong someday very soon.
Hang in there, you can do it! I was on subs for 5 years, then had had it with the constant reminder that if i didnt take my 1mg sliver of my 8mg film, I'd become sick. Well, I just said f it 24 days ago and stopped. I'm not going to lie, it has been hell but after the 21st day I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I lost my job, missed important functions and have been in hell the entire time. However, day 24 offers me hope, most of the physical symptoms are gone, a lil anxiety and restlessness remains. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! Drink lots of fluids, talk to ppl, don't try to isolate yourself bc you will go crazy!! If you have access to a hot-tub, go in it several times a day, it helps ease alot of the symptoms. DON'T GIVE UP, it's going to be hell, it might take a cpl tries, but you can do it..I DID!!
Glad to hear from someone that has like myself been on subox for a long time.  I have been taking some type of opiate for ten years...and then went to rehab and have been on subox for approximately 6 years.  I was at 16 mg of subox for approximately 4 yrs...no clue why I wasn't tapered sooner...but then went down very slowly over 2 years to 2 mg/day.  I'm on day 17 and my w/d's are quite bad.  The worst is I can't sleep at all.  I might get 1-2 hours of sleep throughout a day, have hot/cold flashes all day long and the rls/twitching is in my legs, arms and everywhere it seems.  Mentallly I'm exhausted and all I can think about is how long the day is and if I can keep going.  I still have a little subox left....I quit at near the end of my script...but can't get anymore due to loss of job and insurance.  I'm just not sure if I'm strong enough.  The nights are the worst.....and at first I was encouraged reading this forum by the folks that like by day 11 or so started feeling better....I'm still getting worse daily.  Any expectations as to maybe when I will start the upward slope of this because right now I'm mentally in trouble and scared.  Anyone have any ideas.  And yes...I'm living minute to minute right now and almost failing.
Hey my friend, you will start to feel it all slipping away in a week or so, so it's not long now, that much I can promise you! The sleep and motivation will take time to return fully, but you will start to feel better and more able to cope. I would strongly suggest you getting rid of you leftover pills, this will play on your mind and send you straight back to the start, not the way to go especially as you've come so far, I promise you if they are there you'll take them! I am nearly 5 month clean from Subutex now, I'm starting to feel great now, every month gets easier, you do have a lot of ups and downs. As long as you keep pushing and keeping yourself busy you'll get through it! It is so worth it my friend, and your so worth the effort, don't give in! Way to go on your 17 days, I know only to well what a struggle it is, be proud and be happy! You got this, ;)
I forgot, you should start your own thread, just click on the orange button, "post a question" and you'll receive so much more help and support. I wish you well!
Suboxones definately no joke. I milked it when theynfirst put me on it I had a real bad heroin addiction 5 to 10 bags a day for 3 years. Before that id been doin pills since I was 15. I kept tellin the doxtors I needed more when I didnt. I would sell some andntryngettin high offnthe rest. They had memon 20 mgs a day. 2 1/2 8mg strips a day. Before I new it I was taking those intravenously by myself. It was the worst decission of my life to start takin suboxone. It just seemed like a joke at the time you know tryin to make my family happy n get um off mynback a little bit. I hadnt felt withdrawals since december 2012 a week n a half through my september prescription I ran out. 5 days into it I thought I was dyin. I couldnt get out of bed and when I was there I was either pukin in a trashcan or crawlin to he toilet to ****. There was nothin that really made it go away. I tried sleeping pills they dont work. The only thing i could do was drink water eat a few crackers and take some hot baths. Baths made me feel the best but that still wasnt great. I relapsed after 2 weeks. It seemed like he last days before my apt. Were years. Needless to say I just went baxk to the drs for my scheduled apt knowin I had failed my drug test wih flying colors hoping that heyd understand. This last month is the first time ive realized how serious this stuff is. I took my last prescription and have been trying to taper myself off. The doc basixally lauhed in y face when I told him that. Wouldnt even give me advice. I have been takin the bare minimum. Started with 4 mgs now im down to 2 a day. To be honest I feel good I mean I notice the withdrawal its definately there but if I can take 2 weeks of steaight up cold turkey withdrawals I can deal with months of wd's after tapering down. In the end all you can do is keep your head up and take the stuff as serious as you can. I see it as a godsend that I started taking subs. I mean its rough but my eyes are open I see how I ****** up my life the effect everythings had on my body my relationships and I wouldnt trade any of it for a sober life. Feel like if I had stayed sober I never would have really lived. Im takin my mistakes in stride and all of you should to, maybe a little pride and positive thinking is all it takes to get through this hell. Good luck again to everybody like I said keep your head up its easy to lose sight of what your tying to do. Stay busy and be safe.
i went cold turkey after taking at least 16mg a day & even up to 32mg a day for four years...  i am on day 16 without suboxone & its really not that bad... uncomfortable, yes, but doable for sure... I just keep casting away negative thoughts & look forward to when I am finally drug- free for the first time in my life since i was 12, I'm 40 now... I take ibuprofen, B vitas, imodium (immodium), try to excercise, work & socialize as much as possible... I try to eat healthy about at least 4 times a day & i'm always doing research on the internet... take everything you hear with a grain of salt though because i totally believe a lot of people are possesed with negative demonic thoughts, which makes them feel like there in Hell... i think thats more of a spiritual thing than the actual withdrawls though... also listening to my favorite music makes me feel better & more energized & deep breathing medatation helps me sleep... If you believe in God it helps a lot... I was an athiest before & everything seemed so hopeless & insignifigant... so far, this time, has been so much easier with a positive attitude, hope & envisioning a awesome future ahead as long as i never go back to those or any other stupid drugs...
I'm on day 16 without suboxone... i was on 16mg to 32mg a day for four years & just went cold turkey... day 4 was the wrost, but actually wasn't even that bad... I had about 30 8 mg strips left & just threw them away... Positive thinking & recognizing negative thoughts & counter acting them with positive encouragement to yourself has helped me Big Time!!!

I've taken 2 ibuprofens about every 4 hours... Imodium (immodium) for digestive issues... Vita Bs & C & listening to my favorite music for energy... Try to eat as much as I can as healthy as I can, but also eating lots of candy too, exercise & work as much as I can & socailize  whenever I can... also deep breathing meditation helps me sleep...

Looking forward to the future when I finally feel normal, whatever that is... I know I don't want to be a slave anymore to some stupid chemical... What if the Zombie Apocalypse or some other disaster happens & no one can longer get their meds... I want to be strong & survive & not be all withdrawn, weak & get my brains eaten along with my family because I couldn't protect or provide for them because I was so out of it because of the lack of my meds...

Believing in God helps a lot... I used to be an athiest & everything seemed so hopeless & insignifigant... Believing the most all powerful being, who actually created us for a purpose really loves you & your family gives you so much more of an uplifting attitude & makes the withdrawl (withdrawal) process so much easier... I've tried so many times before & failed, but I have more confidence & determination than I ever had before & am really excited about being drug-free for the first time in twenty years...

I love you all & wish nothing, but the best for you all... The act & choice of loving makes you feel a lot better too...
Its crazy I was on subs for 6 years now n I've tried to get off several times n failed miserably. But here I am once again the end of day 3 without n SCREW THIS BS IM DONE!!! For the past year I only took a quarter super small amt. Its still hell to get off restless legs the worst is in my finger tips I constantly feel like I need to move my hands nd my legs n sleep wtf is that? Diarrhea stomach cramps muscle n body aches!!! But u know what I AM STRONG I WILL GET THRU THIS
Hi there and welcome! I don't have any experience with subs, but there are a lot on folks on here that do.This is an old thread that you are posting on. If you go to the top of the page and hit the 'post a question' link, you can start your own thread and tell your story or ask a question. That will help more people to see it and you can get all of the encouragement, support, and advice that you need. Please stick around. This is a great community. Good luck to you!
Hi im on day 12 off subutex and guess what, I feel fantastic today. I felt every emotion and pain you speak of. Yes of coarse everyone is different but in my case I have 3 children 5 and under.
I was on heroin for 15 yrs then subutex for 21 mths. In my experience I was on efexor for the depression, 3 cups of white and 3 cups of green tea everyday, water in between, superfood smoothies, goji and acai berry powder to mix as well into smoothies, epsom salt baths, probiotic yoghurt drinks from coles called vaalia, 2 tablespoons of 99.7% aloe vera juice on an empty stomach every morning, b12 supps, vitamin d supps, saint john wort supps for anxiousness, multi vitamins, magnesium supps and coq 10 supps for energy.
Sounds like a lot right, I stand here today and feel awesome in my opinion because of this long list of superfoods tea and supp, I believe this helped me. I couldnt be bothered exercising or cleaning and I think taking what I did to get all the toxins out has been the best decision I made to get healthy again.
You need to buy stuff loaded with potent antioxidants and probiotics.
We are parents and have priorities, sometimes it *****.
I felt the same way as you till today. You can do it, day 12 for me and I felt like I never touched a sub or ever used heroin.
Most people, not all, say around the 10 to 14 day mark, they take a turn for the better and your thoughts wont race much anymore. Mine have completely stopped. Just my story so I hope your success will be alike. Well done, great job, good luck.