suboxone withdrawal-how much longer??
I guess what I really want to know after that long post is how long should I really expect this?  Like I over emphasized this is day 8, a Friday.  I missed an entire week of work and am expected back on Monday which will be day 11.  Will I be up to it?  I work in NYC and the commute in is very physically challenging as a 2 mile walk is part of my commute.  I know we are all different but could this really be WEEKS like ive read on here?  Or Months?  Really?  Is my doc lying?  Is he just uninformed?  I read this forum before I quit a week ago and it scared me but I didnt really expect it to be this bad and to last this long.... Im losing it mentally.  Feels good to be on here to see Im not along I guess
I won't go into all my details, but was on suboxone for 5 1/2 years!  Took opiates in small amts. everyday for pain for many years. Doc put me on subs to get off the pills...I sould have never decided to take them.  11 days off (after tapering down to 1/4 of 1/2mg. for many weeks).  That didn't seem to matter in how I'm feeling...WEAK (flu-like)...can only sleep about 2-3 hrs. per night, etc. ,etc. Don't know when it will end, but I hope it's soon!!!!!!
Romegirl, I'm a single mom to 2 little ones and I work FULL-time. I'm on day 8 and it comes in waves! No energy, anxiety, depression, insomnia, mean/moody, restless legs, and anything else you can think of! What's helping me through this is knowing how mean I was to my 2 precious children while I was using after my divorce (I didn't even realize I was addicted for a long time!) and how much they deserve to have their Mommy back.  Thank God my children are still pretty young.
Also, I'm taking potassium and vitamin B-6 each morning (I got bottles of them cheap, from the Dollar Store) with LOTS of water and muscle relaxers/hydroxyzine throughout the day, as needed (a doc will help prescribe non-addicting pills that help a TON).  Another thing that helps is my Mom (who has never used drugs in her entire life and brought up 5 kids with my Dad in church) but I was completely honest with her and she is my biggest help/ supporter.
---OH, and I used suboxone illegally btw... I bought it from friends for almost a year and had no clue it would be this hard to come off of.  
This is NOT an easy road by any means, but it will be soooo worth it in the end. Have faith... I believe in you! Vitamins and water help A LOT too!  And like I said, I'm only on day 8 but I read that a lot of ppl recommend exercise, so just yesterday I tried walking in place (which was the hardest thing everrrr) but I did that for about 10 min. and surprisingly I DID feel better!!
Also, you HAVE to eat! I didnt eat for the first 4 days (which is something that I cant afford to do as I'm 5'6'' and only 105 lbs now), but my Mom started bringing me trail mix and applesause and stuff that was pretty easy to eat and I felt soooo much better! Try to nibble on little things, you'll feel much better!
YOU CAN DO THIS! I've only come 8 days so far, but remember that each day that passes is one day furthur from Suboxone Hell and one day closer to your Healthy Life returning!!!
OH, and forgot to mention I have one of my bff's that's going through the SAME thing... I have completely cut off all my friends that still use, which unfortunately was every single friend but one.  Make sure you have support! Confide in someone who loves you and wont judge you! For me it's my parents, my boyfriend and ONE girlfriend who just happened to decide to quit just prior to me quitting.  We joke each other a lot, which helps... LoL!
WE CAN DO THIS!  I'm only at Day 8, but she's about a month in and she told me to quit counting days!
She said each day you'll feel a little better than before... she's still not 100 %, but she's doing MUCH better now than when on Subs.
Unfortunately no one can say how long your w/d symptoms will last, but you'll feel better in time.

---OH and among the best advice that I've received was to supplement with what works for YOU!
If you're not sleeping get an over the counter sleep med.  No energy, try vitamins B, exercise or 5-hr Energy. Upset stomach? Get Imodium... WHATEVER works for YOU to get you through this!
For me the insomnia, anxiety and restless legs are the WORST but supplements, fluids, and other NON-addicting meds have helped!  
AND exercise REALLY helps... I know it sounds retarded being the number ONE symptom is NO ENERGY but it really gives you a burst of natural energy and makes you feel MUCH better! FORCE yourself to walk in place... you wont regret it!
BEST OF LUCK!
Ive had mild symptoms at times on day 6. Really Im just cold/hot and tired.  Its not as bad as people made it out to be and i jumped off 8+ mg a day.  I use gatorade and a serious vitamin regimen.  No caffeine either.
Hi guys my story is i used herion for 2 yrs from 19 till 21 , i had enough and went to a doctor he reccomended suboxone at first i felt so great on it but after 3 yrs on it , ive realised it still changes the person you really are and your love life attitude dies with suboxone !! That is why 14 days ago i went cold turkey from 16 mgs a day , the first 3 days were so easy i thought haha im immune to things like this then the next 3 4 days were hell , then after about day 7 or 8 i felt great again for about 2 days until it hit me once again !!! My main wd sympton is my legs are so uncomfortable and feel like they will never return to normal even after 14 days i still have no energy and feel extremely depressed , i have constant diaorrhea and sneaze at least 10 times a day , my doctor said ill be fine in a week but he also said that after day 7 so im really starting to panic especially as im in construction and havent been working for about 6 days now , i find alot of people on here are extremely unhelpful and i doubt they even ever used opiates cause how can i be so different to them i have a great metabilism im only 24 , but no one seems to answer the question properly how long does w/d last when u go cold turkey please someone help im def not going back on it but i just wanna know how long till i feel normal again ! Thnx in advance my prayers are with w
Everyone who is in or was in the situation i am in right now
                          PLEASE IF YOU HAVE TIME I KNOW THIS IS LONG
BUT I'M DESPERATE FOR HELP! I WANT TO BE ME AN ONLY ME!
MY STORY MAY MAKE YOU THINK BAD OF ME I THINK BAD OF ME.
          ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!                                                                                       GOD IS A FORGIVING GOD. AN WE ALL DESERVE A REAL CHANCE FOR FORGIVENESS ,I WANT MINE! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE I COULD HAVE DONE IT IF I WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT RIGHT, BUT NOW I NEED MORE HELP THEN EVER PLEASE DONT PASS ME UP. THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING.
                                   I started taking Subxone about 3 years ago for oxy's I thought it was the best thing I'd done in awhile I started working again an doing great. After a year I was still doing great, but my Dr. had a program that help a few ppl he thought needed help the most pay for the 1ST year of Subxone I just paid Dr. visits.
After the yr. was over he switched me to Buprenorphin.I was fine with that they work the same an since I'd never been an IV user It didn't bother me PEOPLE could inject it. Until my husband of 6 YRS an My best girlfriend since we were 6, were doing it that way in our bathroom one night. I was Enraged! When they finally got me to listen to them they defended why they were doing it. I didn't care I was so against needle using and everyone who did it an i still think i feel that way. 6 months after that night I caught them doing it we were all hanging out an they talked me in to trying it  "just once"an I'll admit  I tried an oxy that way once an hated it an swore I'd never do it  again an still haven't so why can't I stop doing sub that way. I feel like the biggest hippecrit there is I hate myself. My biggest fear isn't the withdraws its my mind. Three yrs. is a long time to have something that makes you feel better an gets through everyday life. To just be gone. As long as I have more I'm ok an only do 2mg a day now but how do i make my mind stop thinking I need them?
First off, nobody thinks any less of you for iv use or anything else. It sounds like you made your mind up that you don't want them. You definitely don't need them. What kind of after care do you have in place, if any. The last 2mg sub taper is usually the hardest, so you are feeling normal. I had to sit down and tell my pills goodbye before I realized all my excuses to continue. I wasn't will to let go of the "benefits." Read the suboxone/subutex FAQs at the bottom of the forum and click on Post a New Question. You will get more response if you have your own thread. I'm glad your here, you are in the right place. Good luck.
There is a lot to consider when quitting: age, frequency, dose, schedule etc..  you have to really really want to quit using and it may take several times, but everyone eventually knows when they have had enough.. The pain from withdrawals will eventually subside, that is when the real battle begins with abstaining from.  If you have been on a heavy dose for long periods i would suggest inpatient.  Quitting on your own can be quite tough without the proper support.  I personally think suboxone(cure) is worse than the poison.  Going to a treatment center was not an option for me, considering all they do is give out suboxone to treat.  Not to mention i was addicted to the cure as well. Cold turkey was the only way for me, because i knew it was going to be my last time.  I knew i was no longer getting anything out of opiods but pain and misery in my life, day after day. you will know when it's your time and you will see nobody can to this but you or stop you when you become ready - The new way of treatment is doctors keeping you on suboxone @ 12 bucks a pill.  As you can well see, this is no cure for an addict, it merely just bridges the gap between the real fix for most of now. after being on suboxone for three months i could barely sleep and was having nightmares, it had me getting(i was floating) up out of bed every 15 minutes, night after night, to smoke a cigarette.  It basically ended up being as bad as the schedule II narcotics, maybe even worse considering the never ending withdrawals i experienced.  We all have the chance to make it our LAST withdrawal EVER! It's up to you! ..and you can do it. This is the bright side :)
Hey, I am on day 12 an yes the w/d have lessened, but they are still here...looks like there here to stay for a while...my bf an me are both getting off of them the same time...it makes it little harder..we influence each other...but we are trying to stay strong...we take pills at night for sleep ...all the meds we are on are non addicting...they have helped...i do recommend that you see get on some meds after to help with the w/d...as of right now i have chills not too bad..like in the beginning...restless...anger...mood swings...crying...shotrness of breath, high bp...you see all these w/d are very hard on your body...especially when you are used to getting high...an having energy...subs gave me energy i would clean the house daily, hit the gym up, but i got lazy you know...i have not been employed for a over a year...anyway WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS...IF YOU HAVE MADE IT PAST THE 48 HOURS DONT GO BACK...CAUSE ONE DAY YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE THESE DEMONS W/D S .... i am going to look for meetings to start going too...its just hard its mental you know you feel like ****...like a strong *** hangover...ha ha...anyway i am trying to stay positive...cause if not i will go back to subs an i will i am an addict...stay strong everyone...one day we will all look back an say WOW SO GLAD WE DID WHEN WE DID...an when you see your old buddies who used they are still on them an hopeless...you can help them....so yeah yesterday was okay i cleaned the house, i even slept last nite got up at 1 pm...i mean i am 26 years old an i want to be successful...so now is the time to get clean get educated an live a healthy life....this **** is not easy to get through but....it will make you stronger...it seems everyone experiences the same w/ds we should start a group to change the world...but let me start with me first
I was given subutext for a Norco addiction two years ago. I was told that when I came off sub there would be no withdrawals. Boy was that a lie from the pit of hell. I am almost two months off sub and I'm still having wd symptoms. Initially my Dr gave me tramadol to get off sub. He gave me a script for sixty pills and a taper schedule. As any addict knows tapering is extremely hard! I ate those 60 pills like jelly beans. The wd was so intense for me I just wanted to die. I tried everything I read.... B12, Thomas Recipe, clonidine, benzos for anxiety, immodium ad. Believe me if I read it worked I tried it! I checked into a 30 day outpatient class where I met a gal in the same boat as me. I asked what she was taking for withdraws and she told me Neurontin. I asked my Dr if I could try it and he agreed. This has been the only medicine that has ever made me not feel withdraws. It's actually for seizures but can be used for wd and is not addicting. I have no idea why drs don't prescribe this initially. I would have never taken sub if I knew about neurontin.  I know how horrific this addiction is. It has consumed me, financially screwed me, and ruined my relationships. All I wanted to do was take pills and isolate myself. I have been off work two months trying to battle this demon I have gotten myself into. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE and doesn't mean everyone is the same. Good luck to all....it's a long journey
Thank you for your post. I thought I was the only one who got up every fifteen minutes to smoke in the middle of the night. I told my husband it was that sub and he always thought I was trippin. I hate that I was lied to about sub and I feel sorry for anyone on it that doesnt know the seriousness of this drug. It's the most evil pill I ever took......
Great post, and 100% true!
I am on day 10 off Suboxone and all of your comments have been very helpful, but mostly inspirational. I am still experiencing everything you guys described - withdrawals, lack of energy, etc. My question is why doctors are not helping to make it easier for us? I thought I had a pretty good doctor -- supportive and understanding. But aren't they all? The only drugs he prescribed for me to easen the coming off process were those drugs I asked him for. I red a lot of your posts and got some understanding of what to expect. So I asked for clonidine, diazepam, and clonazepam. I almost killed myself taking all of these drugs together. I think there should be programs or councelors that work with people to get them ready and educate them on how to make it through without physical or mental damage. I barely made it out of the WTC on 9/11, just few minutes before the tower had collapsed. I suffered some minor physical injuries. Went totally numb mentally. I always thought I was given a second chance in life because i am a strong person, always was, and was strong enough to make quick right decisions. I dont think so any longer. Coming out alive on 9/11 wasn't because of my strong personality. It was a chance I was given. I got lucky, unlike 200 other people from the company I worked for, who never made it out. I happened to be in a right place when attack had happened and everything was circumstantial that helped me to stay alive. Now I feel like I am given a second chance and now it will be only up to me and my strength to come out of it. I am a professional, a mother of two children, I love life and I know how to enjoy it. Right now I am not feeling it but as I keep reading your posts/comments it gives me a hope. Tomorrow I have an appointment to meet with recovering drug addicts like myself. What is it like? Is it real? Does it help?
I am also on day six afer weaning down to 1mg over the course.of two yrs give or take. I had been fi e up until about four hrs ago. It all hit me at once....restlessleg weakness shortness of breath and bone chilling cold. One thing that has helped has been kratomite.
Six days off and the withdrawels came all at once. I jad been taking kratomite and it was helping . Cant wait to get back to work and get some more
My daughter is on day 13 from suboxone withdrawal.  I have been there every day to help her with the kids and house.  She is on everything to help the w/d symptoms, but stumbled upon Requip, a med for severe restless legs, one of her main symptoms.  It basically worked like magic and she was able to sleep through the night for the first time a few days ago.  Benzoes help with the anxiety, but that can turn into another monkey on your back so very careful with that. She was on sub for 4 years and is finally turning the corner, albeit slowly.  She also has clonidine, which is a must in my opinion.  We tried the vicodin taper method last week, don't know if that did much of anything, but, no harm done.  Hang in there everyone, days will turn into weeks, then weeks into months, and you will be rid of this monster drug called suboxone!!!!
This post is really old you should start a new one of ya have any questions
I'm a mom of 3 and a wife I've been dealing with this crap for to long I don't know what to do I just want off but I keep going back I just don't know how to do It I wish I could talk to someone but my family dose not know my husband would kill me ... Just so ...
Day 7 and i got sleep lastnite but still aching all iover wen will i feel better not hurt and have sum kind of energy this is pure torture!! I was on subs a yr. And weened to just an8th of a strip then quit! Man ive done h for yrs in my past k4&k8 all those harder pain meds if it could b banged i was shooting but those wds have nothing on Suboxone wds! Its day7 of complete aching in my body ive tried everything but i refuse to use anuther opiate this **** has taught me a lesson i been addicted all my life and these broke me! Thank u everybody for posting ur xpietence its helped so much i would b crazy by now, just2kno im not alone helps a lil, hope this will end soon i guess im stronger than i thought
Hey Sarah, most notice general symptom improvement at about 21 days, and sleep returning to near normal at about 30 days. I wanted to encourage you to go to the top of the addiction forum and click Post A Question and start your own post. Sometime people get lost on these older threads. Tell us about yourself and how we can help. Looking forward to seeing you around.
This is so crazy i am trying to get off a few times and i have failed i get so sick and mentally it really effects me alot. everything that really works coast alot of money, that i dont have being a hard working 60 hours a week single mom lpease help me if you now anything that can help me that dont coast alot of money
The first time I quit taking suboxzone after 5 years, I was so insanely sick, I thought I had food poisoning! (think I would of rather had food poisoning) I had 12 tabs left, weened it down and down as best I could, (even to just a 1/4 of the film) but, still have withdrawl, somedays are worse than others, it's been 2 weeks. By far, one of the hardest hings I've ever done. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I can say, thru looking and getting a feeling of what others have done, I know fluids, lots of vitamins (like a Cocktail) L-tysonine with B12 in the AM, a multi, calcium, and vitamin C everyday, warm/hot baths for muscle cramps, mild walking, kaopektate, and an antihistimine that causes drowsiness for sleep really helps. I can tell you first hand.....it's a long train ride, but, it will end. (I am telling myself this) Hang in there
Hi in response to all posts
I have just come of subutex after years of drug abuse (around 3.5  grams a day) I tapered down my dose 8ml to 1ml a day(easy part)
the hard part was stopping completely.
I have gone cold turkey quite a few times and the best way is to stop from the actual substance which lasts around 5 days and extremely painful.
methadone is a no (cheap alternative to buprenorphine and withdrawal lasts for ever :(
subutex is the best option by far.
I was nearly not going to add this but I will
when you want to come of subutex smoke cannabis( don't become addicted)
fight fire with fire stay at home, get well and gain back control
also attending drug groups and counselling can help :)
Cheapest alternative many swear by is imodium, combined with some other things. Look it up and you'll find many links. It won't be 100% like sub but it also won't leave you with the affects sub does with WD. But it's all OTC at any grocery store. Good luck!
Hi guys, I'm really happy to find this site.  I have been on suboxone strips after a 4 year opiate addiction started to address my chronic pain.  For so long my tolerance just rose through the roof until last summer I decided to get on the subs.  Overall, I felt a dull softening of the reality of my pain.  I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Lyme disease so I am pretty clueless as to what the fck is causing the pain, but I have noticed crazy night sweats,clammy/ sweaty feet on this drug.  I'm so ready to be drug free, so I can see if life is bare able with my condition.  First, I was taking 2 8mg strips a day.  On my own I was able to taper to 4mg, twice a day.  I tried to do a cold turkey on this dose and it was hell.  Recently saw my doctor and he suggested a softer blow with a gradual taper.  I'm 6 days into 1 mg a day and its been rough.  Mood swings, depression, future shock, the wheels are just tearing up my mental highway.  I'm looking forward to getting through this and thank all of you so much for sharing your stories, it really helps to know that I'm not all alone in this.  I am currently doing acupuncture and treating my body right with exercise and positive thinking.  I wish everyone luck!
Nealdude
okay, so I am on my Fourth day of suboxone detox and i was literally climbing the walls all last night. This morning I feel much better with less aches and pains but it seems as though the longer as the day goes the worst the symptoms are. I have been keeping very hydrated and trying to stay active to keep my mind off of things but behind it all the withdrawals seem to break through from time to time and totally make my life a hell. I've kicked heroin years ago and it was much easier than this. maybe not the first 2-3 days but they definetly taped off quickly after. The best advice I could give is to try and do a bit of exercise every day. now I'm not talking about joining a triathlon but A nice walk or a couple of pushups will help your natural endorphins to start kicking some asshearing bless all of you and anyone else who is going to this terrible ordeal.
After reading all thses posts I am starting to think switching to subs from the methadone is just trading one nightmare for another, Is the withdrawl as bad as if I tapered down from the methadone? I was thinking it was easier to come off the suboxone then the methadone. That is the impression I got from here but after reading all this I am not so sure. Any advice would be appreciated. To all of you that are doing so well I am so excited for you, great job I hope I will be as strong someday very soon.
Hang in there, you can do it! I was on subs for 5 years, then had had it with the constant reminder that if i didnt take my 1mg sliver of my 8mg film, I'd become sick. Well, I just said f it 24 days ago and stopped. I'm not going to lie, it has been hell but after the 21st day I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I lost my job, missed important functions and have been in hell the entire time. However, day 24 offers me hope, most of the physical symptoms are gone, a lil anxiety and restlessness remains. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! Drink lots of fluids, talk to ppl, don't try to isolate yourself bc you will go crazy!! If you have access to a hot-tub, go in it several times a day, it helps ease alot of the symptoms. DON'T GIVE UP, it's going to be hell, it might take a cpl tries, but you can do it..I DID!!
Glad to hear from someone that has like myself been on subox for a long time.  I have been taking some type of opiate for ten years...and then went to rehab and have been on subox for approximately 6 years.  I was at 16 mg of subox for approximately 4 yrs...no clue why I wasn't tapered sooner...but then went down very slowly over 2 years to 2 mg/day.  I'm on day 17 and my w/d's are quite bad.  The worst is I can't sleep at all.  I might get 1-2 hours of sleep throughout a day, have hot/cold flashes all day long and the rls/twitching is in my legs, arms and everywhere it seems.  Mentallly I'm exhausted and all I can think about is how long the day is and if I can keep going.  I still have a little subox left....I quit at near the end of my script...but can't get anymore due to loss of job and insurance.  I'm just not sure if I'm strong enough.  The nights are the worst.....and at first I was encouraged reading this forum by the folks that like by day 11 or so started feeling better....I'm still getting worse daily.  Any expectations as to maybe when I will start the upward slope of this because right now I'm mentally in trouble and scared.  Anyone have any ideas.  And yes...I'm living minute to minute right now and almost failing.
Hey my friend, you will start to feel it all slipping away in a week or so, so it's not long now, that much I can promise you! The sleep and motivation will take time to return fully, but you will start to feel better and more able to cope. I would strongly suggest you getting rid of you leftover pills, this will play on your mind and send you straight back to the start, not the way to go especially as you've come so far, I promise you if they are there you'll take them! I am nearly 5 month clean from Subutex now, I'm starting to feel great now, every month gets easier, you do have a lot of ups and downs. As long as you keep pushing and keeping yourself busy you'll get through it! It is so worth it my friend, and your so worth the effort, don't give in! Way to go on your 17 days, I know only to well what a struggle it is, be proud and be happy! You got this, ;)
I forgot, you should start your own thread, just click on the orange button, "post a question" and you'll receive so much more help and support. I wish you well!
Suboxones definately no joke. I milked it when theynfirst put me on it I had a real bad heroin addiction 5 to 10 bags a day for 3 years. Before that id been doin pills since I was 15. I kept tellin the doxtors I needed more when I didnt. I would sell some andntryngettin high offnthe rest. They had memon 20 mgs a day. 2 1/2 8mg strips a day. Before I new it I was taking those intravenously by myself. It was the worst decission of my life to start takin suboxone. It just seemed like a joke at the time you know tryin to make my family happy n get um off mynback a little bit. I hadnt felt withdrawals since december 2012 a week n a half through my september prescription I ran out. 5 days into it I thought I was dyin. I couldnt get out of bed and when I was there I was either pukin in a trashcan or crawlin to he toilet to ****. There was nothin that really made it go away. I tried sleeping pills they dont work. The only thing i could do was drink water eat a few crackers and take some hot baths. Baths made me feel the best but that still wasnt great. I relapsed after 2 weeks. It seemed like he last days before my apt. Were years. Needless to say I just went baxk to the drs for my scheduled apt knowin I had failed my drug test wih flying colors hoping that heyd understand. This last month is the first time ive realized how serious this stuff is. I took my last prescription and have been trying to taper myself off. The doc basixally lauhed in y face when I told him that. Wouldnt even give me advice. I have been takin the bare minimum. Started with 4 mgs now im down to 2 a day. To be honest I feel good I mean I notice the withdrawal its definately there but if I can take 2 weeks of steaight up cold turkey withdrawals I can deal with months of wd's after tapering down. In the end all you can do is keep your head up and take the stuff as serious as you can. I see it as a godsend that I started taking subs. I mean its rough but my eyes are open I see how I ****** up my life the effect everythings had on my body my relationships and I wouldnt trade any of it for a sober life. Feel like if I had stayed sober I never would have really lived. Im takin my mistakes in stride and all of you should to, maybe a little pride and positive thinking is all it takes to get through this hell. Good luck again to everybody like I said keep your head up its easy to lose sight of what your tying to do. Stay busy and be safe.
i went cold turkey after taking at least 16mg a day & even up to 32mg a day for four years...  i am on day 16 without suboxone & its really not that bad... uncomfortable, yes, but doable for sure... I just keep casting away negative thoughts & look forward to when I am finally drug- free for the first time in my life since i was 12, I'm 40 now... I take ibuprofen, B vitas, imodium, try to excercise, work & socialize as much as possible... I try to eat healthy about at least 4 times a day & i'm always doing research on the internet... take everything you hear with a grain of salt though because i totally believe a lot of people are possesed with negative demonic thoughts, which makes them feel like there in Hell... i think thats more of a spiritual thing than the actual withdrawls though... also listening to my favorite music makes me feel better & more energized & deep breathing medatation helps me sleep... If you believe in God it helps a lot... I was an athiest before & everything seemed so hopeless & insignifigant... so far, this time, has been so much easier with a positive attitude, hope & envisioning a awesome future ahead as long as i never go back to those or any other stupid drugs...
I'm on day 16 without suboxone... i was on 16mg to 32mg a day for four years & just went cold turkey... day 4 was the wrost, but actually wasn't even that bad... I had about 30 8 mg strips left & just threw them away... Positive thinking & recognizing negative thoughts & counter acting them with positive encouragement to yourself has helped me Big Time!!!

I've taken 2 ibuprofens about every 4 hours... Imodium for digestive issues... Vita Bs & C & listening to my favorite music for energy... Try to eat as much as I can as healthy as I can, but also eating lots of candy too, exercise & work as much as I can & socailize  whenever I can... also deep breathing meditation helps me sleep...

Looking forward to the future when I finally feel normal, whatever that is... I know I don't want to be a slave anymore to some stupid chemical... What if the Zombie Apocalypse or some other disaster happens & no one can longer get their meds... I want to be strong & survive & not be all withdrawn, weak & get my brains eaten along with my family because I couldn't protect or provide for them because I was so out of it because of the lack of my meds...

Believing in God helps a lot... I used to be an athiest & everything seemed so hopeless & insignifigant... Believing the most all powerful being, who actually created us for a purpose really loves you & your family gives you so much more of an uplifting attitude & makes the withdrawl process so much easier... I've tried so many times before & failed, but I have more confidence & determination than I ever had before & am really excited about being drug-free for the first time in twenty years...

I love you all & wish nothing, but the best for you all... The act & choice of loving makes you feel a lot better too...
Its crazy I was on subs for 6 years now n I've tried to get off several times n failed miserably. But here I am once again the end of day 3 without n SCREW THIS BS IM DONE!!! For the past year I only took a quarter super small amt. Its still hell to get off restless legs the worst is in my finger tips I constantly feel like I need to move my hands nd my legs n sleep wtf is that? Diarrhea stomach cramps muscle n body aches!!! But u know what I AM STRONG I WILL GET THRU THIS
Hi there and welcome! I don't have any experience with subs, but there are a lot on folks on here that do.This is an old thread that you are posting on. If you go to the top of the page and hit the 'post a question' link, you can start your own thread and tell your story or ask a question. That will help more people to see it and you can get all of the encouragement, support, and advice that you need. Please stick around. This is a great community. Good luck to you!
Hi im on day 12 off subutex and guess what, I feel fantastic today. I felt every emotion and pain you speak of. Yes of coarse everyone is different but in my case I have 3 children 5 and under.
I was on heroin for 15 yrs then subutex for 21 mths. In my experience I was on efexor for the depression, 3 cups of white and 3 cups of green tea everyday, water in between, superfood smoothies, goji and acai berry powder to mix as well into smoothies, epsom salt baths, probiotic yoghurt drinks from coles called vaalia, 2 tablespoons of 99.7% aloe vera juice on an empty stomach every morning, b12 supps, vitamin d supps, saint john wort supps for anxiousness, multi vitamins, magnesium supps and coq 10 supps for energy.
Sounds like a lot right, I stand here today and feel awesome in my opinion because of this long list of superfoods tea and supp, I believe this helped me. I couldnt be bothered exercising or cleaning and I think taking what I did to get all the toxins out has been the best decision I made to get healthy again.
You need to buy stuff loaded with potent antioxidants and probiotics.
We are parents and have priorities, sometimes it *****.
I felt the same way as you till today. You can do it, day 12 for me and I felt like I never touched a sub or ever used heroin.
Most people, not all, say around the 10 to 14 day mark, they take a turn for the better and your thoughts wont race much anymore. Mine have completely stopped. Just my story so I hope your success will be alike. Well done, great job, good luck.
Agree agree agree I've detoxes Oxys dilaudid herion and methadone...... Was completely sober 3 yrs 7 months with the help of aa.  Usual story stopped going to meetings working with sponsor.... Yada yada ya.  Well now going on year 4 of subs 3 treatments 1 detox ama'd from 2 of the 3 rehabs when sub withdrawal hit.  WEIRD *** PYCHOLOGICAL  aspect to this **** really can't shake SLOWLY SEEMS to be the best advise I've heard problem is I no longer have a doc.  I actually got a dope habit again a) cuz I lost the doc b) thinking it would be 5days instead of months to w/d.  NOT A GOOD OLAN COULDNT HACK IT!
Now what??? Find a new sub doc just to detox SLOWLY???
Keep tying I hope I can too
Hi folks don't listen to all the horror stories on here lol yes commin off is hard but can b done trust me I kno the best things to do are
1.if ur using half or less a day just jump off a taper does not help cause of the half life doing 2 mg has the same half life as 8 mg because its built up in ur system so just go ahead and jump.the quicker u jump the quicker its over.
2.take a multivitamin daily.
3.drink plenty of fluids.water, gatorade,ensure  etc
4.be active at least 30.mins a day outdoors sunlight actually helps ur vitiman c
5.avoid caffeine as much as possible.
6.take as many showers or hot bathes as need it helps I promise.
7.have support and someone to help u that's another major part of recovery.
8.cut all ties with ur friends who use if not u will never recover.
9.use imodium for the bowel problems..
10. The most important of all and the best remedie of all PRAY and god will help u .
So hopefull this will help jus remember to b active outdoors for at least 30 mins and avoid caffeine because u will have enough problems sleeping as it is and keep ur head up and pray.one again I hope this helps ..god bless
im on day 56 feel the same way
im on day 56 feel the same way
im on day 56 feel the same way
thank you,im on day 56 and about to give up but you really help me see this threw!!!!!!!
Suboxone-wonderful the Doctors say. Best characteristics about this drug is it relieves withdrawal symptoms and keeps you from using opiates. I was addicted to OxyContin and was taking 300 mg per day and 10 to 15 7.5 mg of Vicadon for break through pain. It took 2 years to get up to these mg's. I ended up having major neck surgery which was the original cause of my pain and prescription use. 4 months after my surgery I wanted off the pain medicine and couldn't do it on my own. I researched my options and chose a Suboxone Doctor. I haven't taken a narcotic since, it worked.  Now 12 years later I'm still taking Suboxone. Crazy. What is it doing to me, long term effects?? Nobody knows, not even my Suboxone Dr. It hasn't been out long enough for us to know what it is really doing to our bodies, both physically and psychologically. I've tried many times to get off of it, but failed every time. The last time I tried to get off I went from 24mg daily to a 1/4 mg a day. I tapered down over the course of 4 months. The last 4 weeks I took a 8mg film and cut it into 16 pieces, that's virtually nothing. I stayed on that tiny dose for over a month, then I went for the big leap and stopped. The next afternoon I was absolutely miserable. I continued another 3 weeks taking nothing. I was paralyzed. I couldn't leave my house, I had a hard time just moving around my house. Zero energy, felt sick, then the entire process caused depression. I took vitamins, ate healthier than normal, but I could not function. SAD!  So needless to say after all the work of cutting down over 4 months I lost. So after over 3 weeks of battling I went back on the Suboxone, amazing, almost instantly I felt normal, I had energy again, I could sleep, I felt like a person. So I've been on Suboxone for over 12 years and have accepted the fact that I'll most likely be on it for the rest of my life. I besides the pain pills for my neck years ago, did many drugs as a teenager and young adult, heroin addict, crystal, you name it I did it. It is my opinion SUBOXONE IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE DRUG EVER MADE-PERIOD. I also believe the original manufacture completely understood the addictive nature of this drug and didn't think about it twice because of $$$$$$. So not to sound like a negative Nancy for those who want to get off of this and I wish all of those much luck and love. My suggestion to anyone considering taking Suboxone is to use it to get off opiates and their withdrawal symptoms which should only take 1-3 months, then ween off. Make this clear to your Doctor before starting the Suboxone treatment or you may end up in my shoes. I hate Suboxone. In the beginning my original Suboxone doctor told me I'd be on it from 1-6 months and then he'd ween me off over a 2 week period. Yeah right. Good Luck to all of you.
Hello all, I have been on subs for about 3 years. Im 25 and 250 lbs. I started at 16mgs a day and slowly came down to 6mgs a day. I have been trying to taper down but I've just been stuck yooyooing between 4-6mg for a while. Monday I took my last 6mg dose and today is Saturday so it's day six for me. The first four days were pretty bad but nothing compared to last night (day 5). I feel a little better in the mornings but it gets really bad later in the day. I lost 13 pounds in the last five days. I know it's not a great idea to go cold turkey but being on subs has really took a toll on my life. My gf of almost 4 years left me a month ago and that was the last straw for me. I'm getting through this no matter what. Stay strong!
Hi everyone -

We hope that you have found this thread helpful, but if you are looking for help or support, please start your own post so others will be sure to see it. Click/tap on the Post Question/Ask a question button at the top of every page and fill in the appropriate boxes.

Thanks!

Emily
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us