Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

suboxone

I just got out of detox for herion and now got a perscription of suboxone but the problem is is that i dont have any insurance so i have a script of 60 suboxone that i cant even fill because i dont have insurance...is there any free suboxone clinics i can go to to get this script filled untill i find a doctor that provides suboxone??
Is it because you can't pay for it or is it the pharmacy
I've yet to hear of free clinics for sub. I hope you'll post the information if you do find one.
There is a program from the maker of sub. If you make very little money you will qualify, but the Dr is only allowed to have 2 patients on the program at any one time. Three if the Dr has more than the 30 patients that he/she is prescribing sub too. It is sometimes hard to find a Dr that isn't already at their limit, as well as one who will be willing to deal with all the paper work and requirements that the program comes with.It can't hurt to ask your doctor. Google 'here to help' for the phone #
Sweetheart I am just wondering why do you feel you need it?  Are you still having real bad cravings, withdraws?  How long did you use herion?  How long have you been clean? I do not know of any free sub clinics.  The advice you got from Sid3 is awesome.  I did not know of that program.  Sub is a great drug if used properly. The problem is that it is so damn expensive.  A rx of 60 may cost you up to 400 dollars, if not more.  I do have some suggestions for you if you can answer my questions that way I am more informed and can give you a good response.  Every body situation is different in some way and what is good for one may not be good for the other.  Keep posting we are all here for you.  There are a lot of good people on here with a whole lot of exp and good advice.  Please I am not trying to be nosy I dont want you to take it the wrong way I want to help you so please tell us your story, How you got to now.
Sending love, thoughts and prayer your way!!!

Lisa034
Jacksonvill,FL
I HATE TO TELL YOU THIS BUT SUBOXONE IS STILL UNDER PATIENT AND UNDER CONTRACT AND NO ONE WILL HAVE IT FOR FREE UNLESS YOU INSURANCE PAYS. EVEN THE SUB CLINIC'S CHARGE 20 DAY OR MORE. AN A SUB DOC USUALLY CHARGES 100 PLUS VISIT AND THEN PAY SCRIPT. THESE PILLS ARE STILL VERY HIGH IN PRICE LOWEST I EVER SEEN AT PHARMACY IS 4.25 A PILL SOME PLACES 8.50 A PILL.
YES There is help
This program provides brand name medications at no or low cost.  
Pharmaceutical Company Reckitt Benckiser
Program Name Suboxone Patient Assistance Program
Program Address Dendrite Regulatory Compliance
1025 Boulders Parkway, Suite 301
Richmond, VA 23225
Phone Number 866-512-2216

Fax Number 866-892-1566
Medications on Program Suboxone sublingual tablets 2mg, 8mg (buprenorphine)

Application Forms Not Applicable
On-line Application
No on-line application available at this time
Web Site Click to go to program's web site
Eligibility Guidelines and Notes The patient can have no public or private prescription insurance and have an income at or below $27,000 for an individual ($36,500 for a family of two, $46,000 for a family of three) The patient must have medical diagnosis of opioid dependence The patient must also be a US resident. The patient must be 16 years or older. A doctor can only have two patients on the program at any time, unless the doctor is treating over 60 patients with opiate addictions, then the doctor can have three.

Application Process The doctor/doctor's office should call for an enrollment form. The enrollment form is faxed out. The completed application can be faxed or mailed back.  The doctor is notified of acceptance or denial.  

Application Requirements The doctor must fill out a section and sign the application. The patient must fill out a section, sign the application and attach proof of income.

Program Details Up to a 30-day supply is sent to the doctor's office.  

Last Updated September 23, 2009
If you need  more info pm me and I will give you the email address to fill out the application
Great information from avisg, I didn't know of those programs. I still have the one concern being that you've gone through detox do you absolutely need suboxone to stay clean? I can tell you from my experience suboxone is not something to take lightly, its a pain in the arse to w/d from, but still a better option than methadone. Im sure you know what is your best option, I wish you the best of luck, you can do this, stay focused and strong and with time you will feel alot better, just stay sober my friend. Take Care!
I have to say I agree with Tyson if you are not on it now and your already clean you might want to get into a good recovery program and not start anything new because at some point you will have to come off it
Glad avisg provided u the info u needed

but as above poster stated..by the time u get on this ur wds should be gone as red tape with free programs can be lengthy..perhaps not..but be sure what ur plan is?   if u r wd free then why get on another addictive narcotic?  if u feel u will relapse...then perhaps this is the answer...but it will be for a long time//and not sure hopw long any program will provide free sub for u

in other words, the day will come when u will have to let go...or find a way to afford amaintenence drug like sub or methadone...sub is now available in clinics..methadone/here/is 17 bux a day//not sure bout sub but more/and available at methadone/suboxone clinics here now

R u doing ur aftercare..ie counseling or meetings?  Dig down deep before u jum into another addiction...as asked...how long did u use heroin?  how much daily?  r u still in physical wd? Is ur plan to never be narcotic free/narcotic use for life to stay off heroin?  Can u make it without another narcotic to cleandom if u do the inner self work u need to do? how long were u in rehab?

No one here is discouraging u from starting a maintenence narcotic like sub or methadone...only to think hard bout what u r doing...u know u..we do not know u

keep posting
MY BAD I STAND CORRECTED  AND I WAS NOT AWARE OF THAT HELP BECAUSE WE ARE FROM VA AND WHEN WE LOOKED INTO HELP FOR MY SISTER ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO THERE WAS NO HELP OUT THERE.

It took me one week to get the medicine sent to my Dr's office. Not much red tape. It really ticks me off when people come on here and spread inaccurate information possibly scaring people away from a resource that could benefit them.

I agree with Tyson, if you can manage, try it without the sub. If for personal reason you feel sub will be the only way to keep yourself off of the H, then I would suggest, from my experience, that take the lowest dose that stops cravings, after a week of stabilizing, drop your dose by 25% every four days provided your not experiencing wds. Short term sub is easiest to wd from. Again, JMHO.....if your planning on sub maint. for the low term, maybe someone else has some better advice.
My name is Veronica  and my email address is wacky_tattoo***@****. Both my son and daughter in law are going to a free clinic and they have been given scripts for suboxoen strips 8mg  but are unable to pay for them because they cost so much. I want to help find a way to keep them off the drugs and  get their scrpit's filled. It took a long time to get them to this point and they want to suceed! My children are very important to me and I want to help them! Please help us!