Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
subutex and hydrocodone
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

subutex and hydrocodone

If i took a subtex with a hydrocodone would it hurt me? i didnt take them together but i forgot i had taken one a few hours before and took the subutex im trying to get clean and its a long hard journey im sure sum of you know..... anyways i found a hydro i had hidden and took it. my dr has me on 8mg of subutex a day and i took the hydro i found it was a norco 10. WIll it hurt me??????
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
271792_tn?1334983257
No hun, it will not hurt you but it didn't work did it? You decided to go on Subutex so you need to ask yourself why you still feel the need to use other drugs, no? Are you involved in any counseling, meetings or any form of aftercare?

Let us know what is going on with you.  
Blank
So, you took the hydrocodone first and then the 8mg of Subutex?  You may have a little nausea if anything...   How do you feel now?
Blank
1979360_tn?1328147465
hope you're doing okay - keep posting here to us!

another thing you could do, if you're that worried is call your local 24 hour pharmacy and ask to speak to the pharmacist. they're always available to answer questions regarding medications when you mix them!
Blank
You wont feel any effect from the Vicodin. How long was the time inbetween? If it was more than 4-6 hrs, you may not have any effects; however, if it was less time the effects could be similar to the flu. You can also call your local hospital or poison control. They normally have a nurse line where you can ask questions.
Blank
1996308_tn?1327338739
i am in NA. i have only been to 2 meetings tho we dont have them around here and i just started this whole new life last week. but apparently i have to start over now. i didnt feel anything any different taking them both tho just so every one knows. thanks all of you for your comments :)
Blank
1979360_tn?1328147465
i see by your profile and journal entry that you're getting off the pills for good today, congrats!!! if there's anything you need help with, let us know. i am so proud of you for getting your life back! <333
Blank
Was taking180mg hydrocodone a day for about 4 months....I have got to get off of em I am juyst taking them not to be sick  the party is over   I got ten 8mg subutex.  its cold turkey for the hydro and if I could I would like to get past the dope sickness detox with just these ten subs  I took one at 6 this morning then another atnoon now its four oclock and the cold chills are starting,  the last thing I need is to get dependant on the subutex  can I kick and keep my job this week?      i want to be pill free...I feel kinda alone doing this if someone would reply it would be deeply appeciated
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...