subutex (urine test)
I am prescribed 1 subutex every 12 hours for chronic headaches because the other 20 meds. did nothing or had horrible side effects. the only other med. that worked was oxycodone, but my tolerance would not stop climbing.
Will subutex show as an opiate or opiode in a urine test ?
It is prescribed...so its legit, you don't have anything to worry about.

As far as the drug test goes....I am not aware of any test that checks for SUB.

I can tell you that I was on SUB for 8 months and had to take UAs every once in a while. The test included morphine, oxy, and a couple other opiates...and my sub never made any of those show up as positive.

I really don't think it will show up. Plus, you are taking it legally for a physical ailment. You shouldn't have to worry.
There are tests for Sub but very rare that an employer will use it.  They do the standard test mostly that doesn't include Sub.  All the best.
sub does not show up on a routine drug test for employment...sub doctors do test for it to be sure u r taking ur sub and not selling it...also they may test u for other narcotics u r not supposed to be taking while on the sub
most emloyers are not willing to put out the money for a urine that looks for sub's.
it isn't done as part of pre employment exam (normally)
and yes the sub's drs wil check your urines to make sure you have sub in your system. Mine does and even after 5 clean urines my dr still does them. He follows the program to the tee.
You have a presp anyway so no worry if they do
good luck to you
paaddict
I was going to a rehab to get suboxen. And the Dr. Asked me one time. "Why wasn't I taking my subs"? I said I ran out. Lil early. So only doctor's that prescribe suboxen test for it. I am taking subutex now and I am on probation for a DUI. So I axed the Dr. If subutex will show up and he said no, not on anything. I have to take random UA's for 6 months even though I got the DUI dropped.
"not on anything" is not true....employers can test for it but because of cost it is rarely done, but dont ever think "they cant" because yes they can..it takes a certain test but can be done
Uhh I am just wondering where everyonee keeps getting that the sub tests are "expensive" and that that's why usually the only person that will actually test for them is the dr. that's prescribing them cause that is sooo not true at all the special test for subs are only $1.00 a piece and that is not at all "expensive" especially for a probation office or employer it all just depends on who's doing the testing and if they suspect use or if they fill its needed for some other reason. I just don't want some people coming on here and reading all this information thinking they can't or won't usually test for it due to the costs cause that's not true at all and please believe that they aren't high in costs.
Shug the test are very expensive. I've never hear of a 1.00$ sub test
Heard*
I'm on Subutex & get UA's @ my Dr.s office. I had a small outpatient surgery where I wasn't prescribed anything for pain but took 3 Percocet because I was in excruciating pain, does anyone know if the test for the Subutex & Percocet could be considered a "false positive" (for the percocet) since they are both opiates? I know the subs are only a partial but obviously I don't want to get in trouble. Thank you.