switching from Oxy 30 mg to Norco 10/325
I am having a very difficult time tapering off of my oxy 30mg and am actually increasing it. There has a been a family emergency that is almost beyond belief and my stress level is through the roof. There is now "no time for me" and there won't be for a long time- we will be dealing with helping our college aged son with a problem for at least the next year.
So, I really need to throw the oxy's in the trash and switch to Norco but am afraid of the withdrawals. Has anyone successfully tapered down this way? The Norco's don't even work anymore, but I dont know what else to do. I have plenty of Norco to take 20 a day if I need to and start to taper down and just take to the bed with Gabapentin, Lyrica, Clonazepam etc.
Has anyone else experienced the dramatic difference between Norco and Oxy? I feel the oxycodone is SO MUCH stronger. Is it? I'm scared to death.
Hi I seen your post and kind of relate to it.
Not sure if your on Oxy CR or Oxy IR
But I was on Oxy CR 2 daily for over a year. One morning one at nite.
I was also taking hydro (norco) 10/325 6-8 daily.

I just stopped my Oxys and took the Hydro then tapered off them.
BUT I Was Not Addicted. Took them the way I was suppose to.

Your sounds different I think?
I really have no personal experience with addiction except my daughter and some other people.

Just wanted to let you know what I did
The withdrawal from the Oxy CR wash too bad. Like bad flu
I used Alot of the Thomas Recipe and lived in the bath tub. LOL
Kept hydrated and vitamins also lots of bananas still doing all thhT

I wish you all the luck!
You CAN Do It !!!

More will be dropping in with a LOT of great info.
They have more experince and they are the reason I am off all my opiates today
Wonderful place.

Peace
Lesa
Lesa,
I don't understand the difference between the two Oxy's you describe. I know there is Oxycontin (long acting) and the shorter acting version (3-4 hours) which is Oxycodone 15mg and 30mg. I was taking them as prescrible until recently. I have found the Oxy to be EXTREMELY addicting. The minute I take one, I wantt another. Plus they make me feel weird. I want to cut them in half and go back to Norco, and taper from the Norco which i feel I can do. It's getting off these damn Oxy's that is the problem. They are wicked. I'm so sick of this- I want out of this life. Two years is long enough.  Can anybody comment ?
sorry for mix up.

Mine were CR ( long acting) 30mg I took them one in morning and one at nite. I nevver really didn't care for them. Yes they helped my pain great.
But it seemed to be like killng me.
Like slot of weight loss I couldn't think stright. Forgot things I had done or said 5 min. Later.
Also I thought it aged me big time
Maybe this helps now

Sorry  I'm a newbie
45 days off Oxy and 10 days off hydro and I feel so much better but still have the pain to deal with.

Peace
Oh dear... The Oxys are way stronger than norco. I think 1 15mg oxy = 30 mg norco? You're basically going to be "chasing the dragon"...I don't recommend it. Ultimately, you need to decide if you want to quit or stay on the train. Personally, I got off, THANK GOD!