Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
switching from methadone to subutex (is it going to work)
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

switching from methadone to subutex (is it going to work)

I have been on methadone now for 1yr and 3 months and i just can not affor to keep going any longer.  I am at 30 mg of methadone and I bought 4 pills of subutex to see if I can detox off of everything.  I am going to let myself go into complete withdrawls and then take the subutex.  Is that going to be safe or what.... and I also take xanax as well for my nerves.  I am starting to freak out that this is not the right thing to do.  Can you mix the xanax with the subutex?  I was going to take ( when i am in complete w/d's) 8 mg's of subutex the 1st day and then just taper down after that until the 4 subutex pills that I have are gone...  Is this going to work is this a loosing battle... PLEASE HELP!
Related Discussions
You will be okay taking the subutex after you are w/ding off the meth! Not suboxone! Do not mix anything w/ it! Never mix meds unless your doctor says its ok! Im on subutex right know and im 18 days clean from my OC and perc addiction that has destroyed my life for over 2 yrs know! It has worked great! I have NO cravings at all! But Im forced to go back on suboxene witch do not mix anything w/ you will get sick BAD! I had bad side affects from suboxone so I did subutex insted! Now I cant get subutex cause my insurance so my doctor want me to go on methadone! Im scared of both sub and meth about tappering! But you should taper off the subutex and see how it works for you! Once again DO NOT MIX unless you are told by a doctor! How much do you take a day of methadone??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...