Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
swollen hands

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

swollen hands

my cousin has been addicted to painkillers for about 5 years now and hes been waking up with swollen hands. has anybody had this happen to them or know anything about this??? thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum. Someone else posted the same thing awhile back and I am not sure what they said about this one but there are plenty of informed people here so I am sure someone will have an anwser for you shortly.
LONG_TIME drug user i was~~~~I have been on Suboxone since dec.(wonderful med) have ADD also so the doctor put me on Provigil a month ago.for the ADD and my lack of energy. I have noticed for the past couple of weeks that my hands and feet are swelling.I went to a regular M.D. and he put me on a diuretic to get the fluid off, but i did not reveal to him the meds i am taking, ONLY my psych. knows, but the fld. pill is not getting rid of the excessive flds  i am having more in my feet and ankles. Has anyone who is on either/or one of these meds notice fld retention. For sure i do need to have a liver study, i did have a kidney test done with no signs of renal failure. All those yrs of abuse i feel is catching up with me.I am praying that this(edema) will resolve!!!!. for once i am content  and really enjoying LIFE. without depending on "happy-pills" All i can think of is the way ELVIS looked (the drug puff)```------WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER--THANKS FOR ANY INPUT---AND ESP THIS FORUM -A GOD-SEND IT IS TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE.KEEP THE FAITH--LOVE FROM ALABAMA
My fingers swelled so bad i had to cut off my wedding ring!My wife wasn't happy.
I had swollen hands when I was taking percs too. I also get that if I have been drinking. The next morning I wake up swollen and puffy and bloatd.

I am on suboxone now and have not noticed any swelling, but I just started. If it happens on the suboxone I will let you know.