Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
taking roxi's for 9 days

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

taking roxi's for 9 days

I have severe back issues and was given percs. I would space them out. ex: take them 2 days,then take neurontin for 3 so i wouldn't become addicted. Well my gp has a new doc in his office and i have been seeing her.So being i didn't take percs everyday i didn't need a script every 30 days.I do need them when the pain becomes severe that i can say. So when i went in to get my script she said she could not write them anymore and to go to pain management. So here i am now, never took a roxi and now have been taken them the last 9 days(skipped a day in between)i am  taken( 2) 15 mil a day.do you think i will have withdrawel symtoms (symptoms). I have finals  this week also and cannot be withdrawing while studying to pass. I feel like such a failure. I came so far in school and being in my 40's and getting A's and B's was a big accomplishment. Ther ironic part of all IS  i am going for my degree in substance abuse counseling with a concentration in mental health..I FEEL LIKE A LOSER
You may have very, very, very, mild withdrawals. But I would think it wouldn't even be noticeable.

Are you finding yourself liking the pills a lot?  That is craving them??
Hello and welcome to the forum~  
First of all....you are NOT a loser.  
It's great that you posted for some feedback!

Can you clarify some of what you shared?  So did you GO to pain mgmt. and were put on the Roxy's there?  And is your pain such that you control it with the meds and alternating days?  You said you have been on them 9 days but skip every other day and the days you take them you take 15 mg twice/day?

Since you didn't abuse your script do you consider yourself addicted?  Did you run out early or use them for anything other than pain?

Because it's not clear why you are wanting to get off them during your finals maybe you can help us out with some of my multiple questions (sorry about that).
My gp totally stopped giving me them and told me to go to pain management. I was in pain and someone offered me them ,I guess you can say yes I liked them thats what scares me.It is kind of impossible to get them ffor legitamate pain like i have when  i took the percs..I never abused my script ever. then i got some roxies which i never tried and no liking them scares me I have been on them straight 9 days now. so if i take them to finals that will be 11 days straight.  afraid to go thru withdrawels...did it years and years ago and i swore i would never do it again
If you've only been taking them for 11 days then your w/d should not be that bad depending on HOW many you've been taking.  I am sure, because you are going to school for this very thing, that you are aware that your behaviour is conducive with that of an addict.
Personally, I could take pain meds responsibly for my totally legit pain but as soon as I had anything with oxycodone in it that went out the window.  It just triggered my brain and made me feel something that personally scared the SH*T out of me.  Both times I C/T it was off oxy.  I never, ever want to take that med again.
You're in a good place to be able to ask yourself if you are really an addict.  After your finals I would think about doing some real investigation into this for yourself.
Good luck with the finals and please keep posting about your journey...
Lu
Oh and ps.  YOU ARE NOT A LOSER.  Please do not speak about yourself that way.  You're just a human honey, and even if you ARE an addict- this is nothing to be ashamed of.  Addicts in recovery are the kindest most compassionate people I know.  Just think of the insight and compassion you will be able to offer your clients.  It's really hard for someone who hasn't been addicted to relate to someone that has- no matter how much schooling they have.
Lu
thankyou all for your feedback! Got through finasl yay ! going through slight withdrawels and your  right addicts in  recovery are the most kindest and compassionate people ;)