tapering of oxy's
I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment with my pain doctor on Monday.I had my head completely wrapped around tapering off, now I have been bumped to May 7 th. I have been on 20 mg x3 day for the past 10 months. I tried once before but it was way too fast. I am waiting for his nurse to call me back. I really want to start tapering now. BUT I want to go really slow, the quick taper really screwed me up. Does anyone have a really good schedule that I can suggest to my nurse? I figure by the time I see him in May I should be finished. Any additional medications that will help would also be useful. I remember weaning off the fentanyl patch 2 years ago and the doctor gave me double dose of trazadone and gave me a perscription for bentylol (anti spasm) which completely wiped out my restless leg syndrome. I still have lots of nerve damage in my leg but I think I can manage it with extra strength ibuprphen. I don't think the oxy's are doing any good at all now. Thanks for listening and any suggestions.
Hi & Welcome,

I am sorry but it is a violation of our guidelines to provide any sort of taper information. Your best bet is to talk with your doctor, get honest and tell him/her that you need to take this slow and ask for help. Let them guide you.

Then, when you begin the taper we can recommend some home remedies to help you along. Also, just talking helps a lot. Knowing that you are not alone helps a lot so stick around here and let the members of the community get to know you. It's a great place for support.

Hang in there and I hope to see you sticking around. Let us know what the doctor said.