Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tapering of oxy's
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tapering of oxy's

I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment with my pain doctor on Monday.I had my head completely wrapped around tapering off, now I have been bumped to May 7 th. I have been on 20 mg x3 day for the past 10 months. I tried once before but it was way too fast. I am waiting for his nurse to call me back. I really want to start tapering now. BUT I want to go really slow, the quick taper really screwed me up. Does anyone have a really good schedule that I can suggest to my nurse? I figure by the time I see him in May I should be finished. Any additional medications that will help would also be useful. I remember weaning off the fentanyl patch 2 years ago and the doctor gave me double dose of trazadone and gave me a perscription for bentylol (anti spasm) which completely wiped out my restless leg syndrome. I still have lots of nerve damage in my leg but I think I can manage it with extra strength ibuprphen. I don't think the oxy's are doing any good at all now. Thanks for listening and any suggestions.