Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tegretol and psychoactives

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tegretol and psychoactives

i am wondering about the possible side effects of taking psychoctive drugs (psylocibine, MDMA) while using 300mg of tegretol 2x daily for non-psychotic manic episodes.  tegretol has been drug of therapy for approximately three years.  does this increase the chance of overdose, neurological damage or manic intensity?  does the anti-convulsant property of the tegretol aide in the prevention of seizure in the event of an overdose?
thanks very much for u'r help :)
i understand your position doctor, is to deter substance abuse at all lengths however, i didn't say i was using psychoactives so im not sure i need a 'substance abuse specialist'.  if i were, not answering my question is little deterrent.  drug abusers need education, not scolding.  thanks anyway,
jessi:)
after 12 years of abuse it took 12 weeks total stopping of all medication befor i was in some sort of normal sleep/eat pattern. It was the hardest three months of my life,8 years clean now.good luck to you and may your god be with you
I have a friend who was on tegratol, and YES, it DOES INCREASE YOUR RISKS OF OVERDOSING ON MDMA!!! Actually, a few girls I know were on tegratol and od'd on it cuz of using it.. I see you wrote this years ago, TOO BAD, wish I read this before they od'd... DAMN!!!