tegretol and psychoactives
i am wondering about the possible side effects of taking psychoctive drugs (psylocibine, MDMA) while using 300mg of tegretol 2x daily for non-psychotic manic episodes.  tegretol has been drug of therapy for approximately three years.  does this increase the chance of overdose, neurological damage or manic intensity?  does the anti-convulsant property of the tegretol aide in the prevention of seizure in the event of an overdose?
thanks very much for u'r help :)
i understand your position doctor, is to deter substance abuse at all lengths however, i didn't say i was using psychoactives so im not sure i need a 'substance abuse specialist'.  if i were, not answering my question is little deterrent.  drug abusers need education, not scolding.  thanks anyway,
jessi:)
after 12 years of abuse it took 12 weeks total stopping of all medication befor i was in some sort of normal sleep/eat pattern. It was the hardest three months of my life,8 years clean now.good luck to you and may your god be with you
I have a friend who was on tegratol, and YES, it DOES INCREASE YOUR RISKS OF OVERDOSING ON MDMA!!! Actually, a few girls I know were on tegratol and od'd on it cuz of using it.. I see you wrote this years ago, TOO BAD, wish I read this before they od'd... DAMN!!!