thank you
I just want to say thank you to all of you for giving me hope. I have been an addict for 17 years and ten months ago I had an amazing little girl and I almost lost her because of my addiction. I was an iv heroin user and recently showed up on my parents doorstep with my daughter asking for help. my mother helped me get into a methadone program almost 2 weeks ago and things have really been looking up. I have been to this site  many times searching for just one person like me and I found all of u. im so thankful I am not alone. I hope that by participating in this site that I can offer someone help or comfort.Thank you
God bless you, sweetie!  Keep fighting...you can DO this!  While our circumstances are different, we are the same in that a drug took over our life.  I was dependent (after being prescribed Fentanyl Patches for pain...didn't know it while I was in the hospital, but it was 100 x stronger than Morphine!) after having to use them for four months while I nearly lost a kidney.  Regardless of whether I wanted to be or not...I was hooked.  I didn't get high from it, but the withdrawals were the same...h*** on earth.  So, I understand the pain, anxiety and all the other symptoms of coming off something strong enough to take your life away from you!

You hang in there, keep coming back to the forum and stay STRONG.  You are stronger than heroin and you can do this.  You are giving yourself the greatest gift ever...YOUR LIFE AND DAUGHTER BACK!  God be with you and your precious little girl!

Blessings!

Lissy
Hi Layla,

I have had my share of addictions, one after another, but H has always been one of those drugs that are so scary. To be a user for almost 18 years and finally come to the realization that enough is enough is an amazing step in itself.  I am sure your daughter was one of the driving factors to want to get clean which is completely understandable.  My oldest brother was a heroine addict for about 7 years and OD.  I am almost positive that that specific experience made him want to change his life. It was one of the most intense struggles I have ever witnessed, but in the end he came out on the other side.  I thank god everyday for that and I admire his amazing strength.  Be strong, believe in yourself, and in your times of weakness, reach out to this family and we all will be there to catch you and put you right back on your feet.  Welcome :)