Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
the butterflies
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

the butterflies

Today is day fourteen physically great. Just still gettin these nervous spells like anxiety. When will that lighten up
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1159193 tn?1265482857
Fuzzy here.

This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. This is just another faze of the withdrawal. You will feel heart palpitations and anxiety. Even depression. It is your hormones and chemicals in your body trying to sort its self out. If you cant cope, go see doctor for some non addictive antidepressants but these will take up to 6 weeks to work. Its normal sweet heart. Its horrid I know. But your fine. Your still here. Just the addiction trying to have another go at you.
Blank
Avatar f tn
Thank you so much that makes me feel so much btr. I alrdy take antideppresants and xanax have bn for the last 9 yrz so I realy dnt want to have to take antha one. I just wantd to make sure what I am experiencing is normal. Thanks for your reassuring words
Blank
1065045 tn?1272466438
Another good question. The last time I stopped using (OxyContin / Oxycodone) the nervous stomach and anxiety was still plaguing me after day 21. Of course it had subsided quite a bit, but never the less, it was still a problem. I guess one can't expect to be healed after a few days, it's the nature of this addiction. I've read that six weeks is the magic number. At this point you're about 90% back to normal, the other 10% can take up to a year pending on dosage, length of use and how you took care of yourself while abusing. Some people let themselves go really bad, while others still eat properly, exercise and take multi-vitamins and good quality supplements like amino acids, extra protein, etc.

TD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543 tn?1443740527
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Addiction Answerers
4522800 tn?1459192030
Blank
VICourageous
ID
Avatar m tn
Blank
gnarly_1
phoenix, AZ
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank
10356
495284 tn?1333897642
Blank
dominosarah
City of Dominatrix, MN
Avatar f tn
Blank
jifmoc
los angeles, CA
1970885 tn?1435864028
Blank
kyle505
Sacramento, CA