thomas method
I dont really have a direct question, just wanted to try and help others like me, while recieving support and help for myself at the same time. I have been on opiates " lortab, oxycotine, once in awhile, percicet, basically anything I can get my hands on" for almost 3 years now. I am 29 years old and I was saved "found God" a year and a half ago and have been convicted of my drug problem and said I was going to quit, but yet couldnt do it. SO now I have been on Suboxone for a year and a half now, still messing around with pain pills also though. I would not recommend suboxone to anyone, I had no idea it was this addicting as well, or I would have stuck with sufferring from the get go instead of realizing a year later I still have to withdraw from suboxone. I have a 1, 3 and 13 year old. I finally came out and told my husband a few weeks ago, he cannot understand addiction, as he has never touched a pill, cig, nothing. So he is taking off a few days, starting yesterday, for 5 days, however, his best friend, 39 years old, severe alcoholic, just died suddenly from liver and kidney shut down. So he cannot help as much as planned, but I am determined to quit this ****, Im done with it. I am day 2 and not feeling hot, but suprisingly I am not near as sick as I have been in the past when even going a few hours, so I think maybe with all the praying God is helping me. I know I will suffer, I did this to myself and I deserve to suffer. I mainly wanted to submit this to let others know how very real God is to me and would encourage anyone, especially us in desperate need of help to give your heart to Jesus and accept him as your lord and just watch all the amazing things he can and will do for you. Wish me luck, I am using valium, like 1 a day these last 2 days which is helping and taking some of  the vitamins from thomas method, the ones I had handy. This is the first message board I have ever wroteto, so I hope I can figure out how to respond back.   God Bless and I wish you all success in over coming this addiction.
Stacy
Stacy.....welcome to the forum..... I am glad you are getting your life back. I am sorry to hear about your husbands friend. I wanted to tell you I also feel prayer does work. I don't have any experience w/sub but have quit hydrocodone (lortab,vicodin) by tapering. I am about 6wks clean now!

I am going to send you a PM....on the right side of your screen on inbox it will say 1 and you can check your messages there!

Glad you found us...and Happy 4th Of July!!

JoAnn
Thank you so much for your response. I am having ahard time with figuring this thing out. Like once I get way down on the list how do I then find my question, is there an easier way then scrolling down to find it ? I do know how to work my hot mail, if you everhave time and care to talk, it is stacy-***@****
thanks again

well i see it blocked out my email, guess it doesnt allow that. But I do see by login it says   inbox 1, so I assuming that is how I know I have inbox responses from people. I am not good with computers since I have not worked on them in 3 years
I will send u a pm so u can check it and get familiar with it...just click on ur inbox..welcome..slow here today due to the holiday but people will be in and out
I too believe in the power of prayer, my parents were both Christians, I however, do not attend church or pray on a regular basis. My dad was a deacon in the Southern Baptist church, passed away on August 26, 1987 from colon cancer. I still have my mother, she is 75 yrs old, whenever I start feeling really low down I count my blessings and try to remember what I have to be thankful for, this should help me to stay off the hydros but it does not. I ask Jesus to help me all the time, but usually its a cry out to him when Im in WD. I know that when you pray, youre supposed to praise him first, then pray for others, then yourself, which I dont always do. Anyway I will say a prayer for you and hope you will pray for me also. I am still getting my information from this forum to start my CT again, which will be soon as I have no more resources to buy more. It always makes me feel good when someone responds to my questions, I believe God led me to this site. Thanks, bless you. Cindi.