Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tramadol ER 200mg

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tramadol ER 200mg

I've been on tramadol for apd of two years, I have tried to detox before, but was not able, got
sick, naseua, cold & hot sweats, can stand for long pds, weak, short of breath, I'am trying to
find out if reducing the dosage 25 mg at time will help with detox the chemical out the
system,
Hi~  Yes,that sounds like a very good idea to me. Tramadol really should be tapered slowly to let your body adjust to the dosage change. Do you have a doctor to advise you?  There are some Rx's that can help with withdrawals like catapres.

How much do you take per day?

I'll send a message to Tramahater. She will be your new best friend and will post to you.
We have a couple ladies here that have come off tramadol successfully.  Tramahater or madtram will be on at some point today and will give you some good advice.....Keep checking back......sara
Right!!   I forgot about Madtram!!
madtram has a heart of gold too.....we are lucky to have her and tramahater on here.
Yes...she's great but not here enough!!!
HELP IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!  My internet has been off for some strange reason!

Ok.....Here's the deal!  It really needs to be tapered.  But...even if you taper, you will still feel unpleasant, just probably not as bad!  I went cold turkey off of A BIG DOSE, and I would never recommend that to anyone!  Read the thomas recipe on the health pages along with the amino acid protocol.  Top right of page.  Those things will help you while you are tapering, because tramadol is a bugger to get off of no matter how you do it!  The best thing to do it talk with your doctor about it.  

Buy theses things and keep on hand:

Imodium (immodium)
Advil
Heating Pad
Epsom Salt to use in hot baths
Mag-cal-zinc supplement
Apple juice and gatorade

If you taper slowly, you will probably not have bad symptoms, but you will have mild diarrhea, insomnia, anxiety, leg cramps, RLS or restless arms or both, headache, etc....ya know?  Flu like stuff!

Anything I can do to help, please let me know!  I lived through it almost 7 months ago.  You will too!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck sweetie!
Thank you all for writing back, Yes  Iwill taper  slowly, cause last time I tried doing this c/t I really got sick & couldnt handle it by myself. I already began droping, from 300mg
daily to 200mg,  I will talk to my primary Doctor. I do have other health complcations, I'am afraid that with this withdrawls symptoms I might end-up complicating one with the other, never in my life I imagine that i would end -up getting addictive to a medecation since is clearly stated that is not addictive, very
wrong..........
.
Thank You