Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tramadol abuse

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tramadol abuse

how long it takes for tramadol to be out of your sistem?how many days of withdrawal i have to go trhu?
Oh boy:)  I really think it depends on how long and the dose of tramadol you have been on.  I have been off tramadol for 11 days now and I am still having wd symptoms.  Restless legs ( the jimmy legs as I like to call them) are bad right now.  I was on very high doses for 3 years.  Everyday, I feel a little better.  I hear from others that tramadol wd is the worst.  Try the Thomas receipe to help ease the wd symptoms.  I wish you all the luck in this battle.  
withdrawl takes 5 to 7 days
please dont quit tramodol cold turkey, it can have bad affects, tramadol w/ds are like five days i beleive but I do also believe tramadol has a lil more emotional w/ds with it because of the anti-depressant effect the meds have on people..How much were you takin? how long? did you taper or quit cold turkey? is there a doctor involved?
I was a professional soccer player when I was 17,then too ME out of a virus,I hated all medication as my parents both had their own addictions.unfortunatly the constant pain got a hold of me and I got dependant on codeine then addicted to it.10 years later I have a different demon,trammadol,I'm addicted bad,filling all my scripts early and ordering off the internet,I'm in trouble, I looked in the mirror today and realised something,I'm a druggie,help me get off these someone please
Omg please help me. I'm going insane. I have no one to help me through this detox.
This is a very old thread, Manders you should start your own thread so we can help you. To start your own thread go to the "Post a Question" at the top and post. This way more people can see it and you will get more response. We will help guide you through this.
Did the tramadol eventually bring on a lot of aggression, irritability and angst while on them ?
My mother 80 years old has been taken off tramadol with sever back pain.
She is struggling after being given codeine.
For the last 2 years she has been hearing singing on a night.
It appears they are auditory hallucinations.
Since coming off 2 weeks ago she is still having unusually
Banging sounds through the day and night. Does anyone know if
This could be a withdrawal symptom from coming off the tramadol
She is in terrible pain and the codeine is giving here constipation.
I think I will have to take here back to the docs but I am not holding
Out much hope for a solution to here pain.
She is presently recovering from a aneurism (aneurysm) operation so is very weak.

Hey tanky!  I, too, had auditory hallucinations.  I actually just found out yesterday that it is a very real condition called MES (musical ear syndrome)
Nobody knew what was going on with me and just looked at me like I was NUTS!!  I had ringing, and heard a radio station when there wasn't a radio even on!  I had also overdosed myself with AD (antidepressants) while I was weaning off of pain pills.  I had MAJOR seratonin syndrome.  It only complicated the other withdrawals.  Since your Mom was taking Tramadol and it is a synthetic opiate pain med AND ALSO has an antidepressant in it, her body may be reacting to NOT having the AD in her.  Was she weaned properly off the Tramadol?  A lot of drs don't think (or know or admit) that Tramadol is addictive.  Also, because it has an AD in it, it is much wiser and safer to wean off it.  You can learn a lot online about MES.  It has helped me tremendously to understand (after the fact, of course) but it still helped me.  Also, this is a very old thread on this forum, if you hit the orange post a question at the top of the page and start a new thread, more people will respond and share with you.
Blessings to you and your Mom~  (my mom is also 80 yrs old)
Also, Colace (generic Docusate Sodium) is a stimulant free laxative that I took right after surgery.  It helps with the constipation.  A natural alternative is Aloe Vera, juice or capsules.  Just don't want her to suffer either.  That can be miserable!