tramadol seizures
I'm considering switching from hydrocodone to tramadol for pain management. I looked up the intereactions between the two and found that seizures can occur for some reason. According to drugs.com/interactions its a "major-interaction"...

I don't plan on taking them together but today I took 5mg methadone to transition from the wd of hydrocodone. i don't plan on taking the methadone much either, due to its horrible life of dependency and yada yada...

has anyone experienced seizures or problems with combing tramadol with other opiates such as these?
If you read thru the posts it does happen.. there have been many that it has happened to... Why are you switching from one med to the other ...is this for pain management. Many people find ultram just as addiction and it come with fabulous seizures on top of it.....I your are already having dependance issues with hydro then ultram my not be a good choice....
the hydrocodone isn't working as well for the pain and i hear that tramadol doesn't give such a high. which in the long run i don't want. just to work without pain.

are there reasons or causes for the seizures? any way to reduce the risk, aside from the obvious one to not take them?

i'm in a lot of pain and need to continue working. i was told this would be a good alternative since it doesn't give as much as a high and low like hydro or oxy.
ultram gives me i better high then either oxy or hydro ....i had doctors offering me oxys i would tell them no thank ultram is fine,,,, ultram is an odd drug ... for some it does nothing and i mean nothing and others like me it makes high high ...... there s no rhyme or reason with seizures some people never have one some do.   ..... i would not take the risk .....    I have been clean or 60m day let me tell you coming off them was HELL just so you know ......... being informed is the best thing ...
avis
They do indicate that seizures are a side effect of ultram/tramadol and that supposedly you are at a higher risk for seizure if you quit CT.  I went from 30-35 50mg tabs a day to CT and prepared to quake in my shoes, but never had a seizure.  I asked the doc why this was and there was no valid answer forthcoming.  It is a **** shoot as to whether or not you will have seizures, but if you do they say you'll definitely not forget it.

I would not recommend switching from one addiction to tramadol thinking it isn't so bad, if you're a pill head, you will run a good risk of just switching addictions.  Please, be careful.

Take care,

TMTC