Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tramadol

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tramadol

Hooked on Vicodin's, only about 50 to 60mg, been on and off for last 3 years. Love the high and back problems. Trying to get off them. CT was too hard. Have been taking Tramadol for 2 days to ween off. Have 4 left. Is this a good idea. I do not like the "high" but it helps w/the WD's. Any thoughts?
It helps the withdrawal because it contains a synthetic opiate. So,you're really not getting anywhere using it.

I wouldn't take anymore, it's very addicting.
interesting, It said non-narcotic
Where did it say that?

Google it and you'll get a lot of information.

Why do you think you got "high" on it?

I would urge you not to use the Tramadol to kick your Vicodin habit it is an addictive drug and a synthetic opiate.Sp your just switching one for the other.I am into day 5 WD from Tramadol and it is one ugly drug to kick.I have also in the past had to CT from Vicadin and I believe the WD symptoms from Tramadol are worse.So be careful , my advice is just take it one day at a time and things will improve.I can promise you that,I myself am feeling a bit better already after a horrible first 3 days.This is the 3rd time I have had the misfortune to have to experience WD but that is of my own doing.Hopefully this time It will stick.
   Listen.. just try and keep busy and not forget from one minute to the next..it will get better.
In my experience the first 4 to 5 days are the worst after that things start to improve..
    Good luck and don't give up..OK.