Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tramadol

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tramadol

in 2003 i developed acute next and arm pain that was diagnosed as herniated discs at c-3,c-4,c-5 and c-67.nothing would help for pain and i h never been able to take opiates before,but the only thing that woul help the pain was percoset.eventually i got used to the nausea amd enjoyed the warm feeling.the surgery was a success,but i still experinced neck pain.i took the internet route and started getting norco 10/325`s along with valium 10mg..i subsequently injured my lumbar spine at l-4l-5 in dec. of 2004.i took about 300 miligrams of hydrocodone a day for about a year.i actually worked with a ruptured disc in my back until may of 2004.i lost 50 lbs,my teeth got bad and i started twitching real bad,a doctor told me these were myachondial spasms(sp). i couldn`t work any more,i told mt wife that if i didn`t get off the meds they would kill me.i entered a local detox and all they gave me was blood pressure med.,which i take anyway.they signed me up for their methadone clinic,but i declined and decided to fight this beast myself.i went thru withdrawl (withdrawal) for about 3 months,the first three weeks were hell,my wife got tired of changing the sheets 3 times nightly,so i slept on towels in the bed to soak up my sweat. i had no energy and felt as if i could do nothing,each little thing was a hurdle.i had back surgery in march of 2005 and was given oxycontin,percoset and darvoset for the pain post surgery.i took it as prescribed and was proud i came thru without a jones.now brings me to the present.i`ve been having sever left back,arm and shoulder pain for months,now i`m hooked on tramadol
to finish up,does anyone know how to "ween" yourself off of this tramadol..when i try,i start having the opiate like withdrawl (withdrawal)? thanks>robbie
Wow, tramadol has the same opiate affects? See, that is what confuses me. I was told by a Dr. that he would give me tramadol vs the hydro b/c it was non-narcotic. It is then indeed a narcotic I take it.

See, this Dr was not my family doc..my fam. doc sent me there. It was a pain management clinic. Although the new Dr. still had me on my hydro, he did want me to taper from them. So when he suggested giving me the tramadol I bailed on him faster than lighning. I told my Dr. I will no longer see this man. He thinks Im an addict, wants me off the drug. Etc, Etc. So, what I am wondering now is this:
I wonder if he told me that, meaning when he said "I can prescribe you some tramadol but its not a narcotic" to see what my response would be.
Which of course was.."No, I have tried it and it does not work"

I think he got me right there. Now that I am seeing here in the forums that Tramadol also has w/d affects.

Thank you for your post. Wish I could help, but as I said I have never taken it.

Hope you find the help your seeking.
Take care and good luck
I forgot to ask you..you said you were taking 300 mg of hydro daily????

Just how many pills is that per day. Well that is Depending on your mg perscribed.. I am "suppose" to be on 5/500 3xs a day..so 5mgs hydro 3 x's daily. However I take way more than that. 45 pills only last me about 3 days.

Roughly anywhere between 8-10 a day sometimes 11. Then I look back and get totally scared at what I took!

So if you were at 300 per day of my pills that would be...60 pills!!?? That is on my dosage.

How high do they go per pill? I thought up to 10mgs per pill. Even that would be 30 pills. WOW. Although, I do know with the hydro they give you limited relief as they seem to wear off so fast.

How are you doing now??

i was taking 10 mg. hydro and 325 acet(i`d said from 20-30 pills per day)....these got so they didn`t help...so i found this service where they send an rn to your house and give you a physical..and this service would then "compound" strictly in 12 mg and 15mg caps with no acetominphen because after all the norco,my liver was aching...i was in bad shape one day sitting in my living room and this little bird kept trying to fly into my window..i remember my grandmother said that when a bird is trying to get into your house..god has sent him to take someone...it was my wake-up call and was in detox 2 day later..i guess i`m just superstitious
Have you ever mixed tramadol with oxycontin or hydrocodone? I have a relative who is addicted to oxycontin regularly and was recently prescribed tramadol as well. I was wondering if it is safe to mix the two?
i`ve never used tramadol in conjunction with an opiate..i have several health problems that require pain medication,but got off the opiates 2 years ago and the withdrwal was hell...i now take tramadol and have tried to stop several times lately,but experience opiate like withdrawls..i guess those morphine receptors in my brain can`t tell the difference:)