Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tremadol,ultracet, loritab addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tremadol,ultracet, loritab addiction

this really isnt a question but more of a how to realll get off of painkillers i am 21 years old and still live with my mom and dad my dad has chronic pains and is perscribed hydrocodone 7.5's and tremadol no idea how many mg's
ive tried to quit before and i failed to keep it that way my parents have no idea that i do but i am about to let my mother know see my parents are in bad shape finacially and physcially so im worried about putting "another" burden on my mother because she deals with my dads problems ect daily but i want to quit for good and also need to know if there IS ANYTHING that will make the withdrawel symptoms a little better last time i got off off them about a month ago i had mainly tremors in my arms didnt really notice anything else i really want to get off of them so i can move on with life and "grow" up and do something with my life ANY information and support will be greatly appreciated
I would taper off one thing at a time .I would start with the tramadol taper down a pill a week that will help make the wd milder .Exercise helps as well .You can do this we are here to help.
unfortunarlet im force to quit cold turkey due to no pills left today is day one about 14 hours have gone buy and staring to feel a lil bit of withdrawels but i wonder if 3 nights is enough to due away with the most severe withdrawels been on this for about 2 months
the reason im askign the question is i start back to work on sunday again and i got a long weeek ahead of me that week and i dont want to call in sick because i need the money desperatly
How many trams were you taking?  The reason I ask is that tramadol is nasty stuff to get off of.  I've been clean 5 weeks, and I, too, was running out, so I tapered down to one pill a day (split on two, one half in the AM, the other in the PM) until the last pill was gone.  

Everything I've read about tramadol warns against going c/t as it can cause siezures.  Trams affect a lot of stuff in the human machine.  You need to be careful.

The best and SAFEST thing to do is to come clean with the folks and get professional help.  Go to a doctor, tell him/her the truth about your addiction.  You need to tell them EVERYTHING, even details such as any alcohol consumption, etc.  That way the doc can get you on a taper-off of the trams.  It is possible to get daily scrips.  You have to go to the pharmacy every day and it's a pain in the posterior, but you've already demonstrated an inability to Take As Directed.  Which of course is why we are all here.

I respect your concern for your folks, but think of what would happen to them if they found out by some other means.  

If your folks are church-goers, consider going to their pastor/rabbi/priest whatever, spilling your guts to him/her, and then asking he/she accompanies you when you tell your folks.  It can not only soften the blow, but will add some legitamacy to your intent to quit.  

I am a father and a grandfather.  I'm here to tell you I would do whatever it takes to help my children and grandchildren, no matter the cost.  That's what love is.
i was taking about 10-12 aday for about 2 months maybe a lil less umm my mother already knows i broke down to her dad doesnt know reason is because of his condition he tends to worry alot and get stressed out and that breaks him down physcially he has alot of seizures and just got out of the hospital for a mini stroke but i have considered talking to my familys pastor or even my sister who is a preacher as well just want to play it by ear and atleast see how bad the widthdrawels are
I think you do need to talk.  I have been quiet with my addiction for far too long-- people are more understanding than you give them credit for.  My advice, talk to your sister.  Start there, there is already love and concern there.  Good luck to you!
10 -12 trams a day?  Yes, from what I have learned here you need to taper off.  You need to fess up to a doctor and be under his/her care.  That a pretty high dosage to go cold turkey.  

Please understand, this isn't a matter of being tough enough to go through it.  Tramadol is nasty stuff, very addictive and it affects your emotions.  The siezures are the greatest danger.  If you sit on your butt at work then the danger is only to yourself, but if you work construction or operate machinery or, heck, just driving to work, you could be putting others in danger as well.  

Please also stay in touch, use this thread on this forum.  You'd be surprised at how many of us have been where you are right now.  Or ARE where you are right now.  

is anyone immune to these horriable physical / emotional addictions?....
i had back surgery on july,3rd of 07....(fusion)
since then i've taken moderate doses (compaired to most who post here) of 10/500 daily, 2,-3, sometimes 4 tabs a day....
mater of fact before the back surg. i was prescribed 120 loritab 10/500 per month...
this went on for 2, maybe 3 years.....i now take around 70 per month, for last 7 years....
i've went without for 4 days, it was AWFULL!!!!!!!!.....
(i gave in after 4 days)

i have a good reason also for NOT wanting to be addicted to this junk....(as we all do)....
people i'm a Christian, i sing in a Christian quartet....
i really do love the LORD, i DO NOT want to be so dependant on this poison....

Fact is; i have a severe cervical problem too, involving C-3,C-4, C-5.....
TWICE i have denied cervical disc fusion surgery.....i would drink my coffee threw a straw, move about much like a robot.......
what did people do with the same problems i have now 100 years ago??????....
how do you deal with this?????....

i want to serve GOD to the best of my ability, but i feel i'm a failure because of my addiction.....
i also take 800mg of neurontin 3x day....PLUS 800mg moltrins, PLUS zanaflex.....
on and on and on......
i want off this junk, but i'm also scared that i couldnt cope with the pain if i were off....
is there anything, anyone may have to suggest for me?.....

I have been on hydros 10-650 7 to 10 a day for 3 years I want to be back in control of my life this is so sad that so many of us have this problem I mean none of us woke up one day and said..oh I think I'm going to start being a pill junkie! I don't know how or when to do this I have tried and by day 2 I'm so sick please someone tell me the sickness goes away what can I do god bless everyone
I just wanted to say to zero_vision, I am very new to this site but it sounds like your dependent not addicted to your medicine. I know people who need pain medicine and take it as prescribed. They are not addicted. For me, I had severe back pain issues. I had surgery back in Feb 07. However, I was not responsible taking the painmedicine. For me, it spiraled out of control. Now I am on suboxone which does help with my pain and addiction. I guess I am saying do you know if you are addicted or dependent? Some people do need pain medicine and should not feel guilty about it. This is just my opinion.

Lisa
im actuallu doing pretty well i did however smoke some weed to kinda calm me down and it has worked so far i have had hardly any withdrawels and its been over 24 hrs but the sleeping is what worries me
thanks for writting lisa,
this is scarey stuff....
i used to (years ago) envy the friends who's doctors keep em on a steady diet of this poison....i thank GOD my present doctor has maintained modest to moderate per day dosage....
you take care lisa hang in there....
zero
wow i had no withdrawels lastnight and actually slept like a baby got about 11 hrs a sleep so i hope this continues but honestly the best thing u can do for yourself if your trying to quit abusing is get out of the house go hang out with someone who doesnt abuse i kno wi went and played some poker and well it helped me not think about it
as ya mighta read, i went 4 days recently from a very moderate addiction (compaired to most here).....i was sick everyday!!!!....
the craveings never left.......
sleeping was a task, staying asleep impossiable.....
in my area "after" these doctors have gotten near everyone i know addicted, now their cutting the supply, which is good of course, but i feel for former friends that are sick everyday...
a 1st cuz had been going to a metadone clinic for years, i dont know his story but he's been cut from that....
that man is 63 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
with a $3000.00 per month income from retirement this junk has made a begger and a bum of him......
recently a friend was shocked to learn that a dentist gave a 6yr. old g-son loritab for pain after pulling his tooth.....
come on people!!!!!!!! 6 years old???????
i think all of us will learn a valuable and expensive lesson from all this, once we're threw with it.....
everything that makes us feel GOOD isnt always good for us....
our doctors wasnt doing us any favors giveing any of us more than 90 of anything a month...
i feel its pretty safe to say: the doctors ARE TO BLAME....lineing their pockets, they've made millions sick and poorer with addictions.....
i know its hard but the best thing to do is to get out of the house even if its just walking it reallllly helped me out im on day 2 of no pills and dont feel anythign really but im coming down with a cold and i dont have alot of energy but i did sleep well last night these cravings are whats killing me
day 3 without painkillers the only symptoms i really had atm is nooo motivation to do nothing just wanna sleep lol hopefully this will pass
In my experience with wd symptoms it was the 3rd day up to the 5th day that were the worst for me. I was coming off of Fent 100 mcgs, oxycodone 30 mg, methadone 10 mg. After being on it for several years and not my choice to get off of them, my Dr. was shut down by the Feds. It was a very long time to find another PC dr. to help me.
ohh boy :/ i got work 2mmorow too hope its not tooooo bad
I don't mean to offend you, but is there any possible way that you could use a little more punctuation?  I apologize if your withdrawals are making you shaky.  It just makes it difficult for ADHD self to read it.  Tramadol takes at least a couple weeks to get clear of the really crappy feelings that come with the withdrawal.  The SNRI properties are what make the experience horrid.  Just plain opiates are easier in my opinion to come off of.

i'm sorry man just been a rough couple of days. having some horrid cravings at the moment.
Ah, man, no problem.  I'm just being a cranky *** because I, too, am refraining from doing anything stupid this weekend.  The weekends are the worst for me.  I've been back and forth on he quitting thing.  I'm pretty much good all week, but I'll smoke a little pot at night.  Have a harder time saying no to the pain pills on he weekend.  So, I'll end up doing them 2 weekends out a month.  
im feeeling soo much better now finally got rid of diahreah or however you spell it. I do get the occasional cravings but i am more then happy to have that then what i had last time i tried to quit. i am even proud of myself for PUSHING myself to go to work this morning at 6 am instead of doing my usual and calling out. thanks so much for the support guys!
hey guys w00t im soo happy 1 week clean from painkillers thank you for all of the support i have so much energy now and more willpower to force myself to work and get up and start the day. i wish all of you the best in recovering and remember just stay strong for all you know the next day may be the light. best wishes

Philip
the bad new is i got addicted to painkillers again shortly after about 12 days drug free now I MUST quit for good and need to know how long the withdrawels will last this time i have been back on them for a lil over a week