Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
trying to kick it.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

trying to kick it.

Hello all. I just finally registered after spending many many hours reading posts on this forum. I hope to get to know some people here, and also give and recieve some much needed support here in the near future. I'll take some time a little later tonight introducing myself and I will to explain my situation.. I will be starting detox hopefully tomorrow, Sunday at the latest, after about 2 years on oxycodone, contin, diazepam, and xanax, a result of an unfortunate accident and PTSD.. its been a hell of a road here, but im finally ready to get straight and I'm going to ask for some advice and support here from you guys if that's ok. I will be on later, and ill go more in depth about my story, as its more complicated than just a kid trying to stay high irresponsibly.. ill also stay active and give whatever advice and support to anyone else in need, as I have mentored and supervised 3 close friends to sobriety after years and years of abuse. See you all around, :)
Hi and welcome to the forum.  
Hope to see you on here ..I find this site a great tool to help me on my quest to get out from under an addiction to pain medications.
Welcome aboard,we all need help, and we all can give some insight.                karl                  
Goodluck and welcome....I've just got on here (this site) today and already feel as if I'm not alone and there Are people out there that understand,relate and don't judge... It'll be a great venting place and support/advice for you
I too am a newbie so we will be going through this together...maybe we can keep each other goin!