Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
trying to re kick dope

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

trying to re kick dope

I have gone back and fourth from heroin and suboxin for the past month and the suboxin is not working anymore like it used to. what do I do? I want to go back on suboxin for good and if it doesn't work anymore Im screwed. do I wait for more intense withdrawls before taking the suboxin or did I screw up so badly that the meds wont ever be the same.PLEASE HELP
How are you using the Sub? Something tells me you are going to a doc for it..yes?

Hun, if my guess is right, and you are buying it off the street...then you have a whole new set of problems.....
suboxone works, I am in the same situation.  I have been staying on heroin waiting to decide when to kick.  I have three bags left and a bottle of suboxone.  My understanding is to wait 4-8hrs after your last use of heroin and then start the suboxone.  Do you know if suboxone will block the effects of benzo's, i.e. vailum, etc....
I thought you had to be in full withdrawal before starting sub?  I never used heroin, just opiate pills, but know getting clean is a great idea!  I've had a lot of friends lose their lives over heroin and don't wish that on anyone but that's where it seems to lead!
I have been using heroin for 10 days, about 7-10 bags a day-dime bags, small amount.  I am fully hooked and feel majore symptoms when I wake up in the morning and cant shoot a bag fast enough.  because I have only been using for 10 days is the kick time shorter, are the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms less?  should I save a one or two bags and snort a little throughout the day the first week to help my kicking?
should I start the suboxone right away, will it stop the withdrawl (withdrawal)?
Does anyone know if Nubaine works and if so when do you take it?  One time I shot some nubaine before bed, about 3am woke up put one suboxone-8 under my tongue and when I woke up was pefrectly fine.  Could that work again?  Anyone have experience with Nubaine as a help in withdrawl (withdrawal)?
I suppose you should wait to do the suboxone until you are in full withdrawl (withdrawal).  Is there anyone out there who knows first hand how to kick using suboxone?  when do you take it, etc.....how much etc..
Wisco ,that info you HAVE to get from your doctor prescribing it .We don't have a doctor here .If you can find a good sub doctor work out whatever time frame with the doctor you can to get you off the drugs your on now and off of the sub after .I would also try to find a doctor that is pushing the long term recovery care and helps.He  either offers recovery care or can help you set recovery care so you can get to the root of your usage so when you come off the sub you can stick with the recovery care and you can be off of everything .
I hope you  are in a position where you can see an addiction specialist/ sub Dr.  and get going with the after care to help you stay clean.   These Drs, will help you get started and when the time comes they can help you get off the sub.  There are no Doctors on here, so we only have our own experiences to tell you stuff or give you our opinions.  Yes, you do need to be in the first stages of withdrawl (withdrawal) to start the sub,  for some that means 24 hrs, for others it is less time.  Your Dr. will give you that information when you see him/her.  The benzos are very dangerous to take without your Dr. knowing as they can supress breathing.

Best wishes

Ella