Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tztlady / question about Ultram
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tztlady / question about Ultram

Hey there.  I have a question. It seems because of actual pain and an unexpected medical condition that I have allowed myself ONCE AGAIN to become addicted and attached to percocets.  Man, this time around I got up to 20 10 mg pills a day but only for about 3 months or so..... My question is, and I do have one is, I took my last per at 3pm on Sunday but I've been taking ultram since then to try and avoid withdrawals.  I havee to say I don't feel gret but I do feel like I'm able to function.  I'm also taking neurontin, which really helps with the restmess arms and legs that drive me absoutely nuts.  
Anyway, my plan is this: I plan on taking the ultram (I'm popping 6 at a time about 4 times a day) for the 72 hours it takes the percs to get out ofmy system and then I plan on stopping the ultram.  Do you think that I will have the perc withdrawals after the 72 hours and that I'm really just prolonging the inevitable or will I have withdrawals from the ultrm after only taking them for 3 days.  I'm trying to hold off on taking the ultram unless it's absolutely necessary bwcause I have a 10 month old daughter that I have to be present for.
Are the withdrawls from ultram as bad as those from percocet??
I hope I'm not doing all this for nothing!  ALl of yesterday I thought I had found a cure and then I read your post below and got a little nervous.
Have a great day!!