Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tztlady / question about Ultram

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tztlady / question about Ultram

Hey there.  I have a question. It seems because of actual pain and an unexpected medical condition that I have allowed myself ONCE AGAIN to become addicted and attached to percocets.  Man, this time around I got up to 20 10 mg pills a day but only for about 3 months or so..... My question is, and I do have one is, I took my last per at 3pm on Sunday but I've been taking ultram since then to try and avoid withdrawals.  I havee to say I don't feel gret but I do feel like I'm able to function.  I'm also taking neurontin, which really helps with the restmess arms and legs that drive me absoutely nuts.  
Anyway, my plan is this: I plan on taking the ultram (I'm popping 6 at a time about 4 times a day) for the 72 hours it takes the percs to get out ofmy system and then I plan on stopping the ultram.  Do you think that I will have the perc withdrawals after the 72 hours and that I'm really just prolonging the inevitable or will I have withdrawals from the ultrm after only taking them for 3 days.  I'm trying to hold off on taking the ultram unless it's absolutely necessary bwcause I have a 10 month old daughter that I have to be present for.
Are the withdrawls from ultram as bad as those from percocet??
I hope I'm not doing all this for nothing!  ALl of yesterday I thought I had found a cure and then I read your post below and got a little nervous.
Have a great day!!
Hello and congats on getting off the percs.   My experience was that I was taking vikes like crazy and then went to the ultram for wds.  I felt no symptoms (my a little diarhhea, nothing immodium AD couldnt stop) but otherwise felt well enough to work and function.   I took ultram for 10 days and then just stopped.  I was taking 200 - 300 mg a day of ultram.   Once I stopped, I did have wds but not as bad as when I kicked the vikes ct.  I mean I was tired, a little achy but could still sleep 5-6 hrs a night, go to work (although not at the top of my game) and get by.  

I'm no expert but I would say that you would be better off tapering with the ultram.  I am having surgery at the end of July and will be on percs afterwards.  I am looking into suboxone docs and also going to have ultram to wd with.  

Last time I think I may have had less wds if I would have tapered the ultram.  Those wds from vikes either waited for me or it was the ultram itself.

Either way, it was no where near as bad as ct, for me.

Hope this helps and best of all to you.
tzt